Frodo

Can you name some good comedians?

I'm not very familiar with english-speaking humourists/comedians, and I'm feeling like downloading funny stuff to listen. Can you name any notable ones? I don't want goofy humour, or those who act stupid or make farting sounds etc., but rather some "serious" stuff. Politics and such. I believe Bill Maher and Dennis Miller are examples of what I'm looking for, but since I've seen each of them only 1-2 times, I can't be sure. Ellen de Generes was quite funny too (on HBO). She talked about "everything and nothing" but it was quite funny. So... any help would be noice.
;)

Oh, and shows like the Daily Show w/ Jon Stewart and especially Trigger Happy TV crack me up too.:D

Dave Allen is a great one... as is Lenny Henry, Harry Enfield..... that guys is a blast although these guys are all more situation comedians. They run riot on politicans and rock stars tho. Dawn French, and Rowan atkinson... aka MR Bean. I dont know whats available for DL but this lot ae well worth viewing if you can get em on VHS

:ph34r::DB|;)

Hope you don't get Banned!

I've downloaded some pretty funny shit by sam kinison, george carlin, norm macdonald (quirky dry humor), jay mohr, and an hour long show by jamie foxx called "i might need some security". That last one is great to listen to in your car when you have a long drive.

Edited to add: did you mean comedians who speak english or english comedians who speak? Ah, fuck it.

Lewis Black is my current favorite. He has raised apoplexy to a sublime art form.:S
John Stewart is pretty damn funny too.
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

I once saw Stephen Wright in a live act, and the muscles in my face ached the next day from laughing so hard.

Another truly funny comedian is Rita Rudner. She's got a very witty, droll delivery, which is quick, clever, and out of sync all at the same time. It's like watching a live version of Gary Larson's "Far Side" comic strip.

I just saw a ventriloquist act on Comedy Central last night that totally blew me away. This guy had two puppets, and was carrying on a simultaneous, three-way conversation! What an act! Pity I don't know his name.

"Ellen Degenerate", as I prefer to call her, isn't funny. Another thing that isn't funny about her is her attribution of the cancellation of her comedy series to "discrimination". Sorry, dear. We rubes are willing to overlook a lot of things, but when you rub our faces in it, we'll just change the channel. Tough shit.

Pauly Shore is another loser. Adam Sandler has his moments, but Shore MUST have a big-shot relative in show biz with some kind of "Get Shorty" debt, because he has absolutely no talent whatsoever.

George Carlin was funny and outrageous when I first saw him on HBO in 1977. Now he's such a lame-assed burnout has-been that he can't even carry a sitcom. How the mighty have fallen. He's what Lenny Bruce would have become had he not OD'd.

Would you like timeless funny? Have a look at the Chuck Jones-directed Warner Bros classics, like --

"Bully for Bugs" (1953, Academy Award winner),

"What's Opera, Doc?" (1957), another stunning classic, and the towering cartoon,

"The Rabbit of Seville"(1950), which is hands-down one of the most hysterical pieces of film ever made.

PM me for more, if you wish.

Regards,
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

George Carlin is hands down the funniest person alive!!!

You couldnt be more correct!

I saw sam kinison in a post. thats not what youre looking for by the decscription you typed
"lewis black" is funny
you can download a bunch of political humor form the SNL news segments
colin quinn is ppretty funny the show is called "tough crowd" think
have fun
My photos

My Videos

woody allen's humor is offbeat and really good. I love the films he directed. Great social exposes...

yes I found it really funny when he started screwing his own daughter,too!
even though she was adopted it still kinda makes ya luagh![:/]
My photos

My Videos

but it is something like izzy izzard or something

I think it's Eddie Izzard, but he is funny as shit , not your typical Brit humor either. Good stuff

I think the guys name is Sedwick the entertainer? I caught the tale end of one of his shows and it was hilarious.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING