rgoper

What Would You Do?

The Law is the only avenue you should even consider.

when laws are enacted (and enforced) that fit with my personal belief in justice then they will be the only option i consider. As long as we have a system that is designed for the lowest common denominator, laws are simply guidelines that tell you what you can do in public and what must be handled privately.

I voted "let the law handle it" too. Of course, it's possible to make certain that someone in jail knows what he's there for. I'm sure you can find someone who will pass the word, or else someone else here on dz.com can do it.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Killing him.....to painless......whacking balls off....to simple.....letting the law handle it...i believe if u want something done do it urself....

WHACK OFF THE JOHNSON. It kills so many birds with one stone. He can't fornicate, he loses his man hood, and experiences pain. My response may seem outlandish or ridiculous....but i don't care. I think stuff like this is bullshit and she be tackled in the worst possible way:)

We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe.
-Johann von Goethe

In the world of political correctness, I suppose you are indeed on the mark with the "let the law handle it" BUT seeing as though we're all skydivers and I would venture to guess a large majority of us here would "At least" entertain the thought of a less than "politcally correct" view of this "sick fuckers demented hang him by the short hairs act" errrrr I mean mentaly distrubed act. I say we compromise! I say Let the law handle.. find his fucking balls AFTER you lopped them off and shoved them up is ass!.

I think that's a fair balance of political correctness and what we should allow the law to "Handle"

SMA#18

Hmmmmmm... that's good thinking. I hear even in prison.. people "targeted" for these types of crimes involving children. There are ethics, even in the worst of prisons! And if he winds up in jail, I am sure the proper word would get spread. You may be on to something here :)

BUT you still risk the bastard of walking scott free if you have an incompitent prosecutor (Damn I can't spell that word)

So I sitll say Lop off his jewels FIRST, that way if he "gets off" from his crime, it'll at least be the last time!

SMA#18

Have the dude chemically castrated. Then his sexual urges will cease.

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish we did that here.
I would never do something that would lead to MY arrest but, no limits to a perpetrators conviction.
(If that doesn't work out, buy a good scope, they always work)

I would vote to let the law handle it. Not that the offender doesn't deserve all the things that can be done to him, but in the laws hands, the stepdaughter can recieve the counseling that she will most definatly need. People who grow up in sexually abusive situation develope personality traits that can cause them major grief in life, she need to talk to somebody NOW!!!

Blue Skies,
=========Shaun ==========

[:/]
I thought they separated sex offenders in prison to save them from their death?

Mothers daughter was being molested for 9 years and just now at 16 was able to open up??. The daughter has swallowed unbearable pain for years, hard to understand how her mother did not feel it- regardless, .....the authorities can deal with a small percentage of the pain this child must endure. Will need professional help and much support.

What would I do?
Be supportive in anyway I can be.

Smiles;)

All of the above, in reverse order. However, since we don't live in a vigilante society and there are no Boondock saints around here, let the law handle it.

I hope that everyone affected by this horrible crime are going to recover. My heartfelt condolences to your friend, and of course to her daughter. May her life be only sunlight from now on, she had all the darkness she can handle.

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

The Law is the only avenue you should even consider.

Roger that!

I live in a country that is plagued by an obscene quantity of sex crimes, many of them against children.. but would I really want to turn my own life upside down and/or compound the victims trauma by having her father/friend/relative tossed in jail for taking the law into his own hands ?

The poll results so far are almost as disturbing as the poll subject matter.
So many vigilantes amongst us ?
Unless we have court judges amongst us, "Have him committed" is not an enforcable practical option. Anything other than the aforementioned and "Let The Law Handle It" would make us guilty of a criminal offence ourselves.

I therefore wonder aswell why people even create a poll like this.. with such an obviously correct answer. Perhaps the poll serves to separate the stupidly emotional from the practical thinkers.

Sit down with the mother and this young lady and ask her for her thoughts on the matter. Being a victim can make you feel helpless. Bring her in on the decision of "what to do" will go a long way in making her feel more in control of her own life. JMO
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Perhaps the poll serves to separate the stupidly emotional from the practical thinkers.

what may seem 'stupidly emotional' to you is 'simple practicality' for others..:P

"One rule for lions and lamb is oppression" W.Blake.

I therefore wonder aswell why people even create a poll like this.. with such an obviously correct answer. Perhaps the poll serves to separate the stupidly emotional from the practical thinkers.

Do you think they might create a poll such as this to vent anger/hostility that might otherwise lead to a regrettable action. Don't be so self righteous! Venting is one of the main reasons for posting.
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Don't be so self righteous! Venting is one of the main reasons for posting.

"Venting", in the context of this thread, means what exactly?
Does it mean making idle threats at the world's criminals that one has no intention of following through with?
More simply stated; does it mean saying things that one doesn't really mean?
Is this topic simply not serious enough to justify honest responses on what people would and should really do in this situation?

Who is more self-righteous? The person that tells it like it is, or the cyber-paladin mounted on his soapbox, wielding a sword of street-justice that he has no intention of using?

(PS. If anyone really would lynch these offenders, then post away.. just dont say it if you dont mean it.)

i endeavor to live my life without ever saying anything i dont mean.

because you would never consider such action does not mean others share your sensibilities.