12bhi

SKYDIVE ILLINOIS

Anyone have any info regarding the "rumor" of
skydive illinois closure..I purchased the entire AFF
course last year which I made three jumps and
couldnt finish the rest due to my life being so busy.
I now have the time and was going to complete the course in a couple of weeks but I seen something
in there message board on there web site about
rumor of closure...I still have over $ 1300.00 dollars
still sitting in my account there:( If this rumor is
true does anyone know if I will play hell getting this
$$$$ back?

As far as I know, it's closed for the summer at least, and maybe longer. I only know this because my DZ rents one of their King Airs. A message from our DZ:

The owner of the King air, and Skydive Illinois Jerry Jacquin was shut down today at his dropzone and is unsure if he can reopen anytime soon.

Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkk!!!!
:(
Looks like I'm fucked 1300.00 and me becoming
a skydiver....Whats more fucked up than that is I
bought a rig over the winter,which will be useless to
me now..Well thanks for the info..I'm gonna go kick
my ass now...

I heard differing rumors on saturday while i was at hinckley, but the general thought seemed to be that they were getting kicked off the airport. a few of the tandems that were scheduled to go to morris ended up at hicnkley, and from the sounds of skydive chicago's weekly update, some SDI people ended up over there too...

my ass now...

Ummm...well sorry about the money. But if you want to finish your skydiving lessons there are 3 very fine (and more stable) DZs in the Chicago area.

Have you tried calling their business number and ask for your money back? I think that would be the first thing I'd do.

And yes, some skydivers who normally jump at Morris did come out to Skydive Chicago. (I hate calling them "Morris jumpers". Like it's a nationality or something. WE are skydivers. The tribal attitude really befudles me.)
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

I would consider looking at other DZ's in the area. If you call the SDI dzo, and he cannot return your cash, he should have lots of stuff that would be of value to other DZ's (student gear, tandem gear, etc.). See if one of the other DZ's could use something he has, and will take it in trade for giving you 1300.00 worth of jumps. Stranger things have happened....

my ass now...

I got an idea...you got a rig?
You might be the first skydiver to sell a rig to get off student status..sell or trade the rig !

If this rumor is true does anyone know if I will play hell getting this $$$$ back?

I hope you put it on a CC. If so, if the vendor (the DZ in this case) refuses to refund your money, dispute the charge with the CC company. Services paid for were not rendered. If you prepaid, they will generally go after the full amount, not just what's left.

What do you mean by a CC?
I hope I dont have to take legal measures to resolve this.I really liked SDI and they always
treated me great..It just sucks this situation is
even happening...Hopefully,they can find a way
to remain open....

I heard that some SDI students were going to Chicagoland Skydiving at Hinckley, maybe. Why don't you check with Doug or TD at Hinckley to see if there was any arrangement that they might or could make with SDI for you to be able to finish your course?? If SDI was unable to cover the whole obligation, they might at least be able to make a deal for part of it with Hinckley. This may be a way to re-coup at least part of your money in the form of training.

I haven't spoken to any of the parties about this, of course. Based upon what I heard, maybe it's a possible solution. Godspeed.
|
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

When the drug problems first surfaced at SDI, a bunch of jumpers left. Most of that bunch ended up at Hinkley. When SDI closed, most of the remaining jumpers went to SDC.

Anyways, I haven't spoken to any of the DZO's... but I too would be willing to bet they'd make you a deal.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

SDI took their message board offline today.

Sorry for all the jumpers that are now without their home! Please come and check out the other three DZ's, can't wait to jump with you!

Please may we avoid talking about what may have happened at whatever DZ it is when they close or have problems. Not to say we should sweep it all under the rug but, as we learned with accidents/deaths involving friends in the last year, the press is not inclined towards kindness when speaking of skydiving and they read these forums as well.

SDI and its jumpers are doing the best they can under the circumstances, and I'm sure someone will post when they decide what to do next. At this point, the situation remains unresolved.
|
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

Wouldn't you....to have someone explain to another how to sue you one your own web site is a bit much to take. Of course why they had to explain to sue someone is a bit much to take as well.

Lesson to be learned, always pay with a credit card.