digurman

smoking pot

And a bad "B" movie is EXACTLY what the DZ is like... :P

A.

I don't know what DZ you've been to, but I think you're getting the wrong impression somehow. Of course, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I totally disagree...

Blondes do have more fun!

Call Bill Clinton he will smoke with you.

But he doesn't inhale so he's basiclly just sitting there playing the part, without any real results.

Hey! Kinda like when he was in office! :P

BSBD
'In an insane society a sane person seems insane.' Mr. Spock

Just dont be a nuisance or a danger to your fellow humans. If you get high at the DZ, you are potentially doing both.

What about if you get drunk at the DZ. Wouldn't you be doing both then also?
'In an insane society a sane person seems insane.' Mr. Spock

Chances are, everyone at the DZ already knows. Also, just because he does it, doesn't mean the DZ condones it. He's probably not the first skydiver who smokes pot (is he??)

I don't smoke at the dz. I cant' even drive over 50 miles an hour if I smoke. I smoke at home or at a "safe house." No way could I smoke and jump.

I don't drink so it is nice to have something to provide an altered state.

Now I know that skydivers are just as uptight as everyone else so I will never mention this again.

It's fine for everyone to drink 5 or 10 beers and drive home though.

Words aren't real

Unbelievable levels of paranoia... Big Borther may be watching?

Check out my new user profile. In case there are any DEA guys out there.

Actually they have some cops that jump in "pig ways" so I am discreet. I don't carry anyway, because I usually drive 100 mph+ to the drop zone -since it is in a desolate part of Utah.

Mormons are heavy into pot and heroin. I like heroin, but I can't jump "or" have sex on that stuff.

I may start drinking beer soon, but I don't like to risk a DWI.

To the rest of my Mormon brothers - pary on dudes.

Many wives - blue skies

Words aren't real

Just dont be a nuisance or a danger to your fellow humans. If you get high at the DZ, you are potentially doing both.

No, it's ok to get as drunk as you want and drive fast and kill as many people as you want. Just don't smoke pot and drive 40 mph in the slow lane. They will put you away forever for that.

America was built on alcohol. I never could see the attraction. I'll take herbs from the earth any day over that stuff. I do love the taste of beer. You can keep the beer high though.

Words aren't real

Call Bill Clinton he will smoke with you.
PUFF PUFF PASS

So will Gov. Schwarzenegger, he even toked on film in "Pumping Iron". That's what life in AMERICA was like in the seventies, everyone and their Aunt Tillie was smoking. It was accepted, legalization was around the corner and in my neighborhood in San Diego the cops wouldn't even bother you, so long as you were keeping yourself together. In those days it was pretty blatant at all the Cal. DZ's I went to (no names...). I'm not just talking about after dark either, there were all kinds of "safety meetings" in peoples' vans all day and a lot of people were jumping stoned.

There were unfortunately some fatalities that were linked to this behavior. I watched one of them flail all the way in, pull his (round) reserve at about 100 ft and mercifully disappear behind a hangar before the sickening thud. The tox report from the autopsy clearly showed he was ripped, which was verified by somebody I talked to who knew the guy was stoned. Last summer somebody bounced swooping the pond at Skydive Chicago and again the tox report showed very high THC levels.

It's clearly not safe to smoke and jump, especially with the sledgehammer strength of 21st century bud. It isn't safe to drive that way either. And there is high level paranoia, especially with the Feds going hog wild over dope smoking. I'd hate to think a drop zone could have it's property seized over a few people smoking, but with the Attny Gen'l we've got these days it COULD happen.

That said, I'm still a libertarian at heart and think people should be able to make their own adult decisions. If they're discreet and responsible and not jumping stoned, I have no problem. Personally I just don't like the stuff. Freefall is so clean and leaves me feeling so calm I don't want to spoil the feeling with anything. Nobody makes a drug that good!

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

No, it's ok to get as drunk as you want and drive fast and kill as many people as you want. Just don't smoke pot and drive 40 mph in the slow lane. They will put you away forever for that.

America was built on alcohol. I never could see the attraction. I'll take herbs from the earth any day over that stuff. I do love the taste of beer. You can keep the beer high though.

Look, do whatever you want on your own time. The DZ doesn't allow drinking during jumping hours, so pot and everything else should be the same way. I don't want anyone who isn't 100% aware or "in an altered state" on my plane, especially since I'm still a student! I don't do drugs, but I do drink sometimes. I see no problem with people enjoying themselves however they please once everything is shut down for the day. I may not approve, but that's not my business. During skydiving hours, it's EVERYONE'S business.

Blondes do have more fun!

And kindly don't drive like that either. I don't give a sh*t if you kill yourself driving stoned, but I do give a sh*t if you kill my family.

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

Dude, its funny that each time I've tried to say firing up a doob at the DZ is bad, someone jumps in and acts as if I just said getting drunk was OK. Forget about the fact that the very FIRST thing I said is that I'm a recovering alcoholic and that I dont drink OR smoke pot any more.
If I leave that part right out, saying smoking at the DZ is bad still has nothing to do with anyones opinion about alcohol B|

Now I know that skydivers are just as uptight as everyone else so I will never mention this again.

Who is uptight? Methinks its you my friend. B|

You expressed your opinion and asked if this was an ok topic.
The consensus was that its ok.

We all started expressing our opinions about smoking at the DZ. I thought thats what this thread was for.

Was I wrong?

Some of us are against smoking at the DZ. Some seem to be ok with it. Either way, all we are doing is discussing it which I thnk EVERYONE is ok with.
Just because we dont all feel the same way doesnt mean anyone is uptight.

I'm not against it because I'm uptight. I'm against it because it (among other things) has a very bad effect on me personally so I prefer to not have it around me.

It might just be me, but it is my understanding that it is us, the masses that watch Big Brother....

It would probably be alot funnier if everyone that watched it took in a giand bong hit...
(So I don't watch it)

Opps off the subject...

Um...just say no to jumping when you are "High" or impared...just not a safe thing to do...not for you, not for me, and well..."not for me" pretty much explains it.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I am with you man. Now, I do drink at the DZ, after jumping, and I don'r drive afterward. HOWEVER, drinking is legal!!!!! Smoking pot is not, and if it were my property, I would make it damn clear it wasn't allowed. You smoke on my prop, you get grounded for some amout of time. If it happens again.... See ya! don't come back!

Chris

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

You smoke on my prop, you get grounded for some amout of time. If it happens again.... See ya! don't come back!

Chris

Can anyone recommend an extreme sport that doesn't have this heavy family value/bible influence?

Surfing? Ice climbing?

I can't believe there aren't skydivers out there that have devoted their lives to breaking the laws of god and man.

I've seen golfers that are more rebellious than some of you guys.

I'm in the minority though, and I digress.

And I don't jump high - I already said that.

Please don't hate me or try to kill me.

Words aren't real

Dude, skydivers come from all walks of life. Read some of the political threads here sometime. I'd say there's definitely a higher percentage of partiers in skydiving than in general, but not everyone is.

In fact, someone who I believe jumps at your dz said on here that if he ever saw someone smoking up at the dz, he'd call the cops.

Bottom line, it's illegal and you're talking about it with thousands of people on a public forum. Keep it to yourself and your friends and you won't have a problem.