alanab

how long does it take?

I don't have a "home", but have 4 DZ's within 45 minutes, and another 3 or 4 within 2 hours, from home.

From work, when I start working again, ALL the dz's in the USA will be "just down the road". :)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

ron! what a lucky guy you are:)

Yes and No.

Yes:
1. I can wake up at 7:50 for an 8 AM show.
2. I can drink at the DZ bar and I don't have to drive.
3. We have DZ dinners that only the staff, and people who live on the DZ even really know about.
4. I live near a lot of my friends.
5. Cheap living (more money to jump)

No:
1. I live in a trailer.
2. It is hard to cool in the summer and hard to heat in the winter.
3. I live 40 miles from work.
4. Only skydivers understand that it can be a cool thing...Try telling some wuffo that you are hitting on that you live in a trailer on a DZ in Zephyrhills. Yeah, you got a chance.

So it can be good and bad....
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

sonds like more pros than cons. the only thing that i wouldnt like is the temperature thing, and maybe trying to pick up a wuffo. but what skydiver wants to do that? if youre trying to hit on a skydiver, telling her you live at the dz will score you some major points!! at least in my book:)
cheers:)

Most of my trip is spent going back and forth from 2-lane to 4-lane and then there's all that construction on 22. There are other ways to get there but no matter what it will be at least two hours. :S

Except for this weekend when I got a half hour into the trip and my truck started acting up. >:( So I drove that half hour back and got my dad's car. I thought I'd never get there.

--Art
Sky-div'ing (ski'div'ing) n. A modern sport that involves parties, bragging, sexual excesses, the imbibing of large quantities of beer, and, on rare occasions, parachuting from aircraft.

I have another DZ within 15 minutes of home, another within 1 hour, and two more within 2 hours. However the closest turbine is about 3.5 hours away. Our TwinBo is fun for 10-ways, but I gotta drive a bit in order to get on anything bigger.

Plus - There have been several times that I've left work and spent my lunchbreak making a skydive.

Minus - We built a new house last year and I've been up to my eyeballs with honey-do's. It sucks spending a Saturday putting in landscaping or whatever with the jump plane climbing overhead. Of course the option of driving down to the DZ, getting on a load, landing at home, and going back to get my truck when I'm done with the day's work is a simple one to exercise. The neighbor's think it's odd, but their kids think it's awesome. ;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

it takes me between 3 to 3.5 hours to drive to WTS... and yea... its worth it! 7 min to altitude and A/C in the middle of summer? hell yea!
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Seems like no matter where in Chicagoland I live it takes about an hour, esp since dzs are normally in BFE.
My home, Chicagoland is about 40 min... Listening to yall, I feel bad for complaining about the 1hr 10min drive to visit Skydive Chicago last weekend; Or the 1.5 hrs to East Troy or to Millennium - all turbine - who knew living in Chicagoland area was the right place for skydiving.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

It is cool living in this neighborhood! I'm 45 from East Troy, 1.5 hrs from Hinckley, 2 hours from SDC or Morriss, probably 2 hours from Ft. Atkinson. Most if not all have turbines at least on a part-time basis. Illinois si one of the best places to be a skydiver!

Easy Does It