n2skdvn

What OS do you use??

They used to be my dad's computers, there's pics of me as a VERY young toddler sitting on my dad's lap at those computers. Computers have been a very important part of my life for basically all of my life.B|

Common today, but for someone born in 1980, it wasn't super common growing up.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

But they don't predate the Apples.. or this one little INTEL 8085 Luggable Dev system...;)

I bought my first Apple with 4k ram in 1978.. no Floppy but I did get basic on a cassette tapeB|

Oh and the Apple III has a SOS set of disks around somewhere... as well as the emulation for the more common Apple DOS

Amazon

Well Amazon. you are including equipment that doesn't work or you got rid of, if that's the case, I owned also (I threw them out years ago when I moved :D) a Sinclair ZX81 (with a 16K memory expansion) a Sinclair Spectrum 16 (IN COLOR!!!), a Radio Shack CoCo 64 (with external floppy) like 2 or 3 IBM PS2 (25 and 50 models), I had an Apple Lisa (got rid of after a few months due to lack of software) and some Corbus Hard drives for Apple II/III series, OH!!! and a "portable" Kaypro computer (can't remember the model).

I wish I had all that stuff, I could sell the lot for $1 :D:D

Uh... They work:)

I also got rid of the Radio Shack Trash80 stuff I used to have as well as a few of the TI-99. The Commodore stuff went away as well I traded the 64 stuff and the PET to a guy who was really into it.

I think the LISA is the only one of the Original Apples predating the Power PC versions that Apple came out with that I could never actually get a hold of. and all of mine work... I even have Wizardry that will still run on the Apple II.. It was written in Apple Pascal.. the OS they used to develop the MAC OS in the begginning.I also have a Z-80 card that will fit in the APPLE II to allow you to run CP/M.. still have the disks and books for both of those other APPLE OS.. but unlike you I never threw out any of it... I have sold off some of the things like the old terminal that had an INTEL 4004 Proc in it.. one of the engineers from INTEL Jones Farm Campus in Hillsboro OR where I used to live found out I had one and he just HAD to have it... and made me an offer I could not refuse...

I have PS2 currently in Model 25 30 70 80...

I am always open for trading.. I have BOXES and BOXES of old 8088, 80286, 80386, 80486 as well as pentium MB... I also kept many of the old video controllers CGA EGA VGA SVGA ...FD and hard drives etc. I have been thinking about putting some retro computers together and selling them on E-Bay..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You didn't know? Billy Goats' latest secret weapon to demonate the PC market

BBBBWWWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

i was going to reply to that but couldnt stop laughing my self!!! :ph34r::ph34r:
if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
my site

Uh... They work

Cool.

The equipment that I have WORKS, the one I got rid of WORKED too, gave it to some kids or 'cheap' friends who wanted to have a PC.

I remember the Z-80 processor, I learned assembly language using them, Wow!!! memories memories.

I still remember how to write code using Applesoft (Apple's BASIC dialect) and still have a copy of the DOS for Apple (Beagle Bros.)

Heck I learned Assembly on the 6502... and when I started as a Comp Sci major in 1982... I did it on an IBM 370 as well... with freakin Punch cards.. man I hate decks of cards....

I give lots of stuff away... especially when I come across someone who really needs some equipment... and has no way of getting a start with out some help.. I can get theWindows OS really cheap so I help people I run across in need....with the OS as well. I really hate to see kids who HAVE to HAVE computer skills in this day and age.... be in circumstances where their family can't afford a cheap older computer that may not run the latetest greatest stuff.. but at least will run something they can learn on.

Amazon

One thing I forgot, I almost got once a data entry system (TAB 700) but back then I didn't have a basement available or garage, so, I let it go, same thing when I came across an IBM 32?? data entry system, both using 8" floppys (when I used to write code for IBM System 34, RPG II and COBOL)

I had a freind who had several of them.. But the biggest thing I ever got a hold of was a PDP-8... that is when I kkkkkknew I needed to lay off the really old BIG stuff. Some of the Cromemco S-100 systems were huge... and I had several boxes of the old 8" Persci drives.. I had one that was adapted for the APPLE II... special controller for it is still in a box Somewhere with the RANA Controller for the 5 1/4" 800k drive. But when I moved to my boathouse in 1990 a lot of that really BIG heavy stuff had to go... the decking around the outside of the house was getting close to going under water:P

Amazon

hmmm.. Lessee...

Starting in the BACK room,

2 toshibas running FreeBSD (firewall and web)
1 Toshiba and one HP Xu6/200 (Dual) running Red Hat 7.3 and 9
1 Toshiba running Win2k server
1 Toshiba running Win 2003

(I kinda like running server stuff on laptops, less power , less space and I have built in battery backup )
Upstairs, just a few laptops and desktops running win2k, Xp and the lone holdout of 98.

I got rid of all my heavy duty eqpt cause I didn't have room. I USED to have a 6 processor Unisys box which I sold for like $300
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Oh and the Apple II has a SOS set of disks around somewhere... as well as the emulation for the more common Apple DOS

Amazon

Actually SOS (Sophistocated Operating System) was for the Apple III.
The emulator was to let you run Apple II software on an Apple III.

I curruntly Run the following OSes in production either at home or at work.

QNX 2.x & 4.x
SCO Xenix
IBM OS/2 2.x, 3.x, 4.x & Warp Server SMP
Windows NT 4.x (& Server), Win 2k (& Server), Win 2k3 Server, Win XP and am Testing Win 2k3 AMD64 prerelease (on Dual Opteron).
FreeBSD 5.x

My museum stuff is wide another matter, but includes the above Apple II & III (with a 5mb ProFile Hard Disk).

Lou

Actually SOS (Sophistocated Operating System) was for the Apple III.
The emulator was to let you run Apple II software on an Apple III.

I have the Apple III with the SOS...
(I made a little typo there.... can't get away with anything around here).. what a wonderful business machine;)

Amazon

[replyI have the Apple III with the SOS...
(I made a little typo there.... can't get away with anything around here).. what a wonderful business machine;)

Amazon

Bwaahaahaa . . . ROTFLMFAO

After the Apple III, I actually ordered an Apple LISA, they never shipped it. (I wish they had, I would love to have one in my museum) They did however tell me I should but one of their new wonder machines called MAC.

I've never taken Apple seriously (as a hardware company) since then.

Please no flames from the MACs RULE contingent.
Lou

I'm quite content with my windows!!! Altho I have been having problems with my IE. Grrrowl. yeah, wut is linux. And i like all the operating systems.

We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe.
-Johann von Goethe

I actually ordered an Apple LISA, they never shipped it.

I remember that baby, and I borrowed once a classic MAC, remember them?, I think ATM machines have bigger screens :)