BlindBrick

Replacement Value for an MT-1-XX

House got robbed a few days back and I lost a couple of rigs. Fortunately, they weren't ones I was actively using and I do have insurance, but that raised another question.

I'm supposed to list the replacement value of items taken and I have no idea of what the value of an MT-1-XX (the complete system not just the MT-1 canopies) is since Para-flite doesn't deal with civilians any more. Does anyone know?

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

$450.00

I'm not talking about percieved value but actual cost to replace the system. A demil'ed harness runs aorund $100 before you start lumping in the cost of repairing the demil damage and replacing handles, risers, bags and pc's plus the canopies usually need a new line set.

Six years ag, I spent well over $750 assembling a complete setup, but that's been several years back and I ended up with some extra components. Nowadays the parts are even rarer and I need ala carte pricing since I'm trying to price a single rig without any leftover components.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

Military used to pay over 4 to 6,000 dollars for the MT1... some years ago before the MC series came out in like 92 / 93... But dont expect that as a replacement today... Today expect around 500 to 1000 based on condition... and number of reserve activitions...
of course i had seen some on ebay in past... that you had to get this and that to make the complete rig.. such as free bag,, ripcords.. d-bag... cutaway handles..etc... so that can also change the prices...
MC-4 from 700 to upwards.... ..
Hope that this helps.. sorry for ur lose... on that.. as its a good rig... strong.... and easy landings...

thanks,,.
Kenneth Potter
FAA Senior Parachute Rigger
Tactical Delivery Instructor (Jeddah, KSA)
FFL Gunsmith