StealthBoy

So I'm looking for my first rig, and...

its not really about the type of container, more about the size of the harness. youre pretty tall so it might be hard to find one that will really fit, but i think some companies will resize the harness if you pay for it. again it might be hard to find one that will fit you but just keep looking!
"its just a normal day at the dropzone until its not"

Good luck finding something that will fit properly. i am also 6'4" and Im thin. I was able to find a few rigs that fit okay but finding a second hand rig that will fit like it was made for you is not going to be easy.

Keep an eye on the classified section, it also wouldnt hurt to post an ad there stating what you are looking for. Contact some of the bigger volume used gear dealers and tell them what you are looking for.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

I'm in the same boat. 6'4'' 210lbs.

Looking for my first rig, but finding used bigboy gear is like searching for sasquatch.

I am starting to consider going the new container with used parts route.

I'm apologizing to my bank account in advance.
The feather butts bounce off ya like raindrops hitting a battle-star when they come in too fast...kinda funny to watch. - airtwardo

I'm in the same boat. 6'4'' 210lbs.

Looking for my first rig, but finding used bigboy gear is like searching for sasquatch.

I am starting to consider going the new container with used parts route.

I'm apologizing to my bank account in advance.

The good news is that if you ever sell your rig to get a different one or get out of the sport, it will be really easy to get rid of it at a good price. Used rigs for little people are in in great supply.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Yeah, looks like I'm going to have to go that route. I've found a couple in the classifieds that looked like they might have worked, but I wasn't sure because the sellers weren't that detailed on the actual harness size.

Getting the harness modified, or re-made completely for your needs is not terribly expensive. Check with each mfg on the cost and timing. If you get the serial number of any rig, a call to the mfg can confirm if it is within a reasonable fit for you.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

and the unasked question....
What size canopy???

Since I'm new, I'm planning on starting kind of big. I weigh 190 so I'm thinking my exit weight will be around 220 or so depending on what gear I end up with.

I was originally going to go with a 265 sq/ft because that's what I've been jumping as a student. After thinking about it though, I'm probably going to start with a 230 until I get more comfortable with this sport.

My goal eventually is a 190, but I'm going to wait until I have at least 100 jumps before I go there.