cpoxon

New source of custom pull-ups

I recently needed to have some custom pull-ups produced. There's a few threads if you search about custom pull-ups and most of them reference www.endangerous.com. Having used them, I've had great service from Endangerous.

But recently there have been some new really nice pull-ups floating around. The Airtec, Aerodyne, UPT and PD ones. A little bit of digging turned out that they are all produced by the same guy, Grzegorz "Janki" Jankiewicz in Poland. They are great quality pull-ups both in look and feel. If you've seen any of the pull ups you will now that. They come in two formats "standard" and "satin". I think the standard ones actually feel nicer than the satin ones. The benefit to the satin ones is you can get more details images printed.

In the attached picture, the Aerodyne and Airtec ones are satin and the UPT, PD and BPA ones are standard. Janki offers a great service, even added some really nice design details to the BPA pull-ups (unfortunately they're not clear on the photo as it's a bit washed out; you'll have to take my word for it) which really made them stand out. Also sizing and printing the design leaving gaps to make it easy to determine where to cut them. As you can see, there can be different designs on either sides and colours aren't a problem. The only thing he doesn't do is cut them! So you'll need a good hot knife and some spare time or a some helpful volunteers! Oh and I recommend to alternate the angle of the cut so they line up when you fold the pull-up through the loop (sorry, OCD).

Prices are very good ranging from 1.1 to 1.36 Polish złoty (PLN - Google it for the exchange rate as it fluctuates) per metre. The 100 PLN design fee is waived for orders of 3000 metres or more.

If you are looking for pull-ups, I definitely also recommend Janki. You can contact him on janki (at) op (dot) pl
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

A) I thought we weren't allowed to post advertisements in the forums?

B) Aren't these the pull up cords that once hot knifed at the ends and end up destroying a closing loop pretty quickly?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

You do realize he is green don't you?

AND he's not advertising for himself, he's talking about a positive experience he had with another company. That is totally allowed and encouraged. Advertising for yourself is not allowed and completely discouraged.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I've used Airtec (Cypres) pull-ups for about 18 months (mainly on tandem rigs) and they are certainly the best ones I've ever had. No sign of wear&tear at the end and they don't do any harm to the closing loops. I gave most of my other pull-ups to students who needed one B|

The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

You do realize he is green don't you?

AND he's not advertising for himself, he's talking about a positive experience he had with another company. That is totally allowed and encouraged. Advertising for yourself is not allowed and completely discouraged.

What Dave said. And being a mod shouldn't be a valid reason for breaking rules. I'm happy to be picked up on any transgression :P

Oh, and I saw some VSE pull ups today which I think are done by the same guy.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

I've got the new kind from CYPRES (Airtec), with my new Infinity (Velocity Sports) and Skysystems (They were giving them out at SDC Summerfest).

They are really nice.
And a lot easier on my hands.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

AND he's not advertising for himself, he's talking about a positive experience he had with another company.

My daughter is selling magazine subscriptions for her school. Based on knowing her for 11 years, I would say it has been a positive experience. She accepts cash, checks, and paypal.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.