racer42

Sexiest Airplane EVER

Yeah I know, but it's raining, we already got a couple of airplane threads up. It'll keep some us occupied and off the streets for awhile.

Feel free to add your personal favorites. For me it's anything from Vickers/Supermarine. There is just something about the sound of a Rolls Royce V12.
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

Yeah I know, but it's raining, we already got a couple of airplane threads up. It'll keep some us occupied and off the streets for awhile.

Feel free to add your personal favorites. For me it's anything from Vickers/Supermarine. There is just something about the sound of a Rolls Royce V12.

Naaaaa! None of the above.

My personal vote goes to the Frankenotter.......before they repainted it.

;)

Yves.

Re: SAAB Gripen --- The Draken is far sexier IMO... Then there's the F-104 Starfigher...then ahhh... the SR-71...so many to choose from...I always liked the F-106 Delta Dart too. When I was a kid, I used to see them take off from Otis AFB when my family visited Cape Cod. B| The B-1B is a fav too...
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I'm down for the SR71 too. I saw one up close and personal in San Antonio. It's awesome.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Naah.... All wrong! YOU'RE ALL WRONG!!!:o

But which one of the 4?

One of 2 for getting from here to there in comfort...

One for popping up to the lake...

One for people to go "WTF!!? WANNA JUMP THAT!"

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

DeHavilland Mosquito bomber

Oh $hit YES!

List now up to 5...:D Just the thing for those fast & low level flights across Germany (lest they forget):ph34r:.

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

Since you said Sexy, I had to say the Staggerwing.

But life isn't all about being sexy, so, I would pick the P-51 for a kickass good time.

The P-51 woudld be sort of like dating a really rad skydiver chick, instead of a floofy movie star. Both good, one funner than the other.

----------------------------
bzzzz

IS that third one a turbine Beaver? Sweet.

Me, I want small and fast. I don't want to take the whole family along -- just me and my sweetie. I'll stick with the Derringer. Of course the brown stripes in the photo I posted HAVE to go :P.

I think it may be a Broussard, which is a French built airacraft similar to the Beaver. The main difference are the little verticle stabilizers on the ends horizontal stabilizer. There was one on the airport where I jumped in the 80s at the same time we were jumping a Beaver. I also think there was some difference in the windows, also. The Broussard wasn't certified to fly in the US unless under an experemental or restricted catagory.
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.