321seeya

What was your most memerable jump?

Mine would have to be Jump # 104...
Heres the log book entry.....

Jump # 104 - Solo Tracking Dive - 13,500 - Caravan

Exited first..Tracked back down jump run, Saw a hole in the clouds and went for it. (Should have tracked 90 at this point) Made the Hole...Felt like superman till I discovered that I was about a mile DOWNWIND of the DZ...What a goober mistake! Pulled about 4000 feet, had to pick a tight landing area...Landed parallel to the powerlines on the shoulder of a farm road about three feet from the pavement. After asking me where I came from and inviting me to stay for dinner, A nice old couple gave me a ride back to the DZ.....LESSON LEARNED.

Not necessarily the most fun, BUT I do remember it!

Blue ones...
DJ

BASE 3:16 - Even if you are about to land on a cop - DONT FORGET TO FLARE!
Free the soul -- DJ

Don't remember the jump # but it was a 4 way FF dive with some friends at the dz. I was tired of the same old thing at the dz and pretty fed up with skydiving in general. They asked me to go along so i did. I had an incredible time on that jump and was inspired to continue jumping. Thanks to the rats for that:)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Jump #400... awesome 3-way freefly.. first headdown dock... 3rd cutaway.. downwind reserve landing.. 4 cameras on the jump made for a great compiled video..B| Now if I could get Iwan to help me.. I'd publish it.. but I'm clueless. :S
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

My most recent one, clear and pull. Let go of the plane, went to pull, missed my ripcord, did a backflip on accident, finally pulled, felt the pilot chute go between my legs, one second later, looked up, beautiful canopy...phew.

Hope the next one's better.

-Kramer

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

My most memerable jump was just this past weekend. I asked Doug to slow the porter down as much as he could and feather the prop. He got it to be 35mph. It was awesome! I was the last one out, had to be so we could do this safely. It was the first time I have ever jumped out after two tandems...being the only one left on the plane besides the pilot is a strange thing...any ways, I exited head down, but there was barely any air to grab onto so I was mostly swimming until I got my speed up enough. The exit was so quiet and sureal. I did end up pulling at 6500 to be above the tandems and such but what a jump. My other memerable jump is a fun jump with Dusty and Jeremy Peters where I go my first dock in a sit. That was really cool too.
Kathryn

i would have to say my 1000 logged a couple weeks ago. it was just a lot of fun. a track dive, i led. just seeing all my friends right there with me, trying to get away so they couldn't take me out. well, that plan went to hell, when jason docked on me, and forgot to keep traking :S. oh well, it was a blast. and then under canopy, i was thinking: should i cut away just for shits and grins, or do a phat hook and swoop the hanger??? well, i decided that it wasn't worth the repack, so i did my hook, and swooped the hanger.

and the best part, i left my dad in my dust:D:D:ph34r::ph34r:, but of course he says he was there, but i saw no sign of him.

later

My first balloon jump, WFFC 2003. Second hop of the evening. We had to chase the balloon, run and hop on, and up we went. I'd always dreamed of taking a ride in a hot air balloon, but never imagined the possibility of jumping from one.

It was all Hellfish on the balloon - even the first hop. Three way exit with Nacho Cocheese and the Nutty Brit - landed next to somebody's farm. It reminded me of my first BASE jump - the dead air feeling.

Good friends, good times.

This is a no-brainer for me.

Jump #50:

My girlfriend decided she wanted to do a tandem jump. After much deliberation (he told me later) the TM decided to ask me to tag along. I never hooked up with them in freefall but it was great to see her having the time of her life up there. She really loved it and is now planning on doing AFF next spring. B|

It's pretty cool that she now understands why I spend all of my weekends at the airport, but I'm not sure how I'm going to fund two skydiving addictions (I have enough trouble with my own) :S

-Sam

It was the 1st jump of the day. 4th of July.1997
(free jump)
2-way crewW/video with a National Champion Crew jumpers, myself..only about 25 CRW..
Transition to a side by side..I turned too hard to the right..broke away..then felt something hitting the back of my Pro-tec..THEN saw my reserve open over my head..was at 7000' decided it was clear to cut away the main..everything went okay..BUT my main landed on top of a building..I called fire dept, a a few others no-one would help get canopy down..it was a Holiday and since no-one else's life was in danger..they would not risk it!..understood.
So, me and the other guy..climbed a fence with a six foot ladder..the alarms from plant started going off, and we had to climb the with this ladder up the side of this building to get my canopy down that was up there for 2 hrs. now in 90-100 degree heat!
I was scared climbing the ladder with a ladder more than the 2 canopies out situation! My legs were shaking all day and was so sweaty had to change clothes including my socks!
Still don't know what caused the reserve to come out!
The handle did not get pulled.
Still LOVE Crw whenever I get to do it!
Gary Calhoun

night jump #2. Three way belly planned. We :$ flubbed the exit but nobody let go and funnelled basically all the way from 13.5 to 5...I think at no point during this jump were all of our bellies toward the earth at the same time.

"commando-style"

nathaniel
My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Lebowski?

Either the time my goggles blew off on tracking away, and I spent too much time trying to put them back on :S. No cypres. (take that Bill Von, yes, I will jump with out one!)

Or

The time I exited at about some base jumpers slider up altitude, got unstable, and finally pitched, waiting for the sound of a cypress and second parachute coming out to play.:S

I am better now...

edit shcmedit. I meant base jump slider Down.

----------------------------
bzzzz