PhillyKev

I love it when moral crusaders are exposed for their true colors.

>Are only guys who have been perfectly monogomous in their
>relationships permitted to advocate monogamy?

Not at all. But someone who _condemns_ those who cheat on their wives while cheating on his wife is a hypocrite.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Rush Limbaugh Show, December 16, 1994

So we're not going to get on--we don't fault these animals for a lack of discipline, but we get on human beings who are fat for lack of discipline and you know it and I know it. But here's the thing that struck me about this. We have alcoholics and drug addicts in our society, don't we? And what do we say about them? Well, they can't help it. Why, it's genetic. Why, they have a disease. Why, put one thimbleful of scotch in front of them and they can die.'

We totally exempt them from any control over their lives, do we not? Some athlete will spend two years snorting lines of coke. He can't help it.' You know, it's--it's just--it's not--it's--it's genetic. These people--they're predisposed to having this addictive syndrome. They--they can't help--yeah, like that line of cocaine just happened to march into the hotel, go up to the athlete's room and put itself right there in front of him on his blotter.

-------------------------------------------------------------

So perhaps he has learned something about himself, that some people really CAN'T help it, that it's not just losers and democrats who become drug users. (Unless, of course, that oxycontin just happened to march itself into his mouth.) If so, good for him. If not - if he goes back on the same tirades - then he will be a lying hypocrite.

1. Caucasian (Or white)
2. Negroid (or Black)
3. Polynesian (Putting everybody from Asia together Indian, Chinese, Korean, etc)
4. If you didn't like the Polynesian grouping replace that with Mongoloid (yellow) and for the 4th you have the Brown Indians (from India, Packistan, etc)
5. Red Indian can be the fifth (Native American)

This is why I'm supporting Prop 54 in California. By removing the government's official capacity to identify race/creed in gathering data, by example, other sectors of industry can follow suit. By taking action, the minds will follow. By removing it from the political spotlight, one will hope (I will hope) that any kind of issues of race will fade from the spotlight.:S
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

This is why I'm supporting Prop 54 in California. By removing the government's official capacity to identify race/creed in gathering data, by example, other sectors of industry can follow suit.
-------------------------------------------------
I am not from California but am quite aware of propostion 54 and am very hopeful that it will pass. After that hopefully similar laws can pass other states across the country in hopes of moving toward a less biased (Liberal free) America.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

I don't think that will happen, though I do hope it does. Ward Connerly is a great man with a great vision - a true civil right leader in today's field of wannabes.

Along the same train of thought, Jerry Brown - mayor of Oakland - was on TV last night and had some good insights on CA politics. One thing he let slip, though was the democratic strategy of 'racial and group identity.'

This struck a chord with me because it's something I've noticed for a while and one of the main reasons - among others - I do not support that party at all. The democrats encourage ethnic minorities to identify themselves by their race and not by their socio-economic status, mind, heart, or character. They do this in order to maintain ethnic minorities as easily targetable voting groups. This strategy harms America in more ways than I can even imagine. By using this tactic of racial identity, the democrats racially stratify America to the best of their ability during every election cycle. This harms America, and I have neither love, charity, use nor mercy for those who do that.

Brown's admission of such a tactic publicly was therefore something of significance - at least to me. It tells me that senior people in that party - and Brown was a presidential candidate and CA governor - know what they are doing and don't care abotu its effects as long as they get elected.
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

The democrats encourage ethnic minorities to identify themselves by their race and not by their socio-economic status, mind, heart, or character. They do this in order to maintain ethnic minorities as easily targetable voting groups. This strategy harms America in more ways than I can even imagine. By using this tactic of racial identity, the democrats racially stratify America to the best of their ability during every election cycle.

And I suppose Bush didn't cout the hispanic vote at all?

Did you mean count or court? Either way, your point is the same.

Bush did court the Hispanic vote and got a significant amount of it. However, take look at the difference in tactics. At what point did GWB or any conservative or libertarian donor EVER urge anyone to identify themselves by their race, or display support of programs that do the same? Perhaps you can, but I can't recall seeing any.

Such pervades democratic campaign propaganda. 'If they win, we lose' or 'our vote is our voice' and etc.

To help you out a little, there is something GWB could have done to reduce racial discrimination in government - check out Adarand Constructors in a search engine and learn about the executive order authorizing racial discrimination in gov't contracting. GWB could rescind that EO and hasn't to the ire of right leaning folks like myself.
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Did you mean count or court? Either way, your point is the same.

Bush did court the Hispanic vote and got a significant amount of it. However, take look at the difference in tactics. At what point did GWB or any conservative or libertarian donor EVER urge anyone to identify themselves by their race, or display support of programs that do the same? Perhaps you can, but I can't recall seeing any.

Such pervades democratic campaign propaganda. 'If they win, we lose' or 'our vote is our voice' and etc.

To help you out a little, there is something GWB could have done to reduce racial discrimination in government - check out Adarand Constructors in a search engine and learn about the executive order authorizing racial discrimination in gov't contracting. GWB could rescind that EO and hasn't to the ire of right leaning folks like myself.

That's because the country has to unlearn some of the doctrine of identifying by race. The media would pound GWB to hamburger if he did it now. A second term might see more "adventure".
Make light!

[ I was waiting for a left-winger to bring this up but I didn't think it would be you.

I was going to compose a long and thought out reply to this, but then I decided to go the easy route and just mix a short reply with an nice insult.

Limbaugh is a well read cretin. He knew exactly what he was saying. Like most other liberal baiters, he makes his money serving up the same tired pabulum that a particular brand of conservative likes to hear. If you like it, please feel free to consume that drivel in promotional quantities in lieu of actually thinkng.

insult deleted. Cut it out.

insult deleted. Cut it out

Dang! Having been on the recieving end of many-a-Holder insult, I was truly looking forward to witnessing one.

BillV, you'd get along great with GH, he's got a sticker on his Mercedes coupe that says something like "Bush, the other-other white meat", or something.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

BillV, you'd get along great with GH, he's got a sticker on his Mercedes coupe that says something like "Bush, the other-other white meat", or something

Nah...BillV won't give him much thought until the Benz is running on corn husks and manure... :):oB|:P;):D
Make light!

No, really, I think putting a bumper sticker on a Mercedes Convertible that says "Bush is a Retard, let's kick him into the corner until he shits himself" actually would get him an ethanol pass.

I am not remembering the sticker correctly. It may simply say "Bush, nyah-nyah!" I am just very impressed that it's right on the paint. That's political commitment. :P

No, really, I think putting a bumper sticker on a Mercedes Convertible that says "Bush is a Retard, let's kick him into the corner until he shits himself" actually would get him an ethanol pass.

:D:D

I am not remembering the sticker correctly. It may simply say "Bush, nyah-nyah!" I am just very impressed that it's right on the paint. That's political commitment. :P

The poor car!!! :o Off with his head!! :S:D
Make light!

A liberal with a gas-guzzling upper-crusty Mercedes? Does he feel any guilt about having such a vehicle, Deuce? How many books could that car buy for inner city schools? How many soldiers have to die to fuel it? How many dolphins must get caught in the ship's screws to transport it here?

Oops. Sorry... Off topic...

That was a hijack. But I beg, please understand all of your roles in making me want to hijack this thread..

My wife is hotter than your wife.

And I suppose Bush didn't cout the hispanic vote at all?

---------------------------------------------------
See this is what I mean. I will not tolerate this ignorance. Hispanic is not now and will never be a race. A black x-slave from the Dominican Republic, an Inca from Peru, an Aztec from Mexico, a white person from Spain, a son of a Chinese immigrant to Cuba, and a person of Ukranian descent in Argentina will never be the same race. I can keep going with countless examples but the point is that ignorant comments like the one you just made is major pet peeve of mine.

A black x-slave from the Dominican Republic, an Inca from Peru, an Aztec from Mexico, a white person from Spain, a son of a Chinese immigrant to Cuba, and a person of Ukranian descent in Argentina will never be the same race

Yup not enough Purity to qualify.

Every sea faring group since before the Phonecians.. the Greeks.... then there was the Carthiginians..( they was african too)...the Romans..... then the Moors..ooops more Africans.... You seem to forget how inviting Spain has been to the persecuted and burned and filleted...Jews... ...ie Inquisition.... right up to today... the whole rant against.. gypsies you have made several times....as well as the current repression of the Basques... course they have the audacity to try to blow the Spaniards to hell. Opps more terrorists.

Jeanne

>>>The democrats encourage ethnic minorities to identify themselves
>>> by their race and not by their socio-economic status, mind, heart,
>>> or character. They do this in order to maintain ethnic minorities
>>> as easily targetable voting groups.

>>And I suppose Bush didn't cout the hispanic vote at all?

>Hispanic is not now and will never be a race.

No, it's an ethnic minority, as the original poster said.

A black x-slave from the Dominican Republic, an Inca from Peru, an Aztec from Mexico, a white person from Spain, a son of a Chinese immigrant to Cuba, and a person of Ukranian descent in Argentina will never be the same race

Yup not enough Purity to qualify.

Jeanne

Are you a supporter of prop 54 which will start at eliminating all racial divisions? If so then we agree on something but as long as your fellow liberals insist on classifying people you have to do it right.

A black x-slave from the Dominican Republic, an Inca from Peru, an Aztec from Mexico,

Latin America is a wonderful case... they do go out of thier way in many LATIN countries to deny anything but PURE Spanish blood...
I know a guy at work that is from Mexico... claims to be pure Spanish stock.. BUT.. damn if he does not have a VERY typical Aztec/Mayan forehead as depicted in MANY carvings and looks like he has native american traits. I have also travelled to the Dominican Republic... where some of the most afro looking people you have ever seen have spanish names.. and claim Spanish purity.

Denial sucks. I believe in embracing ones ethnic diversity.

Jeanne

>>>

>Hispanic is not now and will never be a race.

No, it's an ethnic minority, as the original poster said.

No what it is, is a stupid and offensive classification. About 90% of the people in the U.S. that fall under this classification are Mexican. That is an ethnic background by itself. Less than 5% are Cuban and about that many are Puerto Rican. The rest make very insignificant percentages. There are more Norwegians than Cubans but less than Mexicans. I don't see them being referred to as an Ethnic Minority. I can guarantee you that the average Cuban is living better (making more money) in the U.S. than the average Norwegian. So what is the point. Because most Norwegians ancestry can be traced to Northern Europe and most Cuban ancestry is traced to Southern Europe, for that reason I am inferior and need to be considered a minority. I DON'T THINK SO!

A black x-slave from the Dominican Republic, an Inca from Peru, an Aztec from Mexico,

Latin America is a wonderful case... they do go out of thier way in many LATIN countries to deny anything but PURE Spanish blood...
I know a guy at work that is from Mexico... claims to be pure Spanish stock.. BUT.. damn if he does not have a VERY typical Aztec/Mayan forehead as depicted in MANY carvings and looks like he has native american traits. I have also travelled to the Dominican Republic... where some of the most afro looking people you have ever seen have spanish names.. and claim Spanish purity.

Denial sucks. I believe in embracing ones ethnic diversity.

Jeanne

I don't know what people you have come across. But the fact that if I wanted to I could just look to numbers programed in my cell phone, and pick out a Mexican, a Dominican, a Cuban (not family), a Paraguayan, look to my instant messenger and talk right now as we speak with an Argentinian, that I have a bit of experience dealing with all these different groups. I am also willing to bet that you don't have anywhere near that knowledge I do about this. In anycase to just get to the point, what your saying sounds possible definately the exception to the rule. Hell you can even look at the bigotted group that Bustamonte was a member of. I forgot the name right now but it was something with Aztec in it. It advocates Aztecs taking California, Texas and a bunch of other places from the U.S. and having Aztec control there. That certainly doesn't sound like somebody who is trying to claim pure Spanish descent. Oh he likes the big Hispanic umbrella classification, (or recently changed to "Latino"). But you know for sure he is out celebrating "cinco de mayo". In case you don't know that is their version of the 4th of July (their indepence from Spain).