PhillyKev

I love it when moral crusaders are exposed for their true colors.

BBBBBBUUUUZZZZZZZZ WRONG ANSWER

I am also willing to bet that you don't have anywhere near that knowledge I do about this.

In case you don't know that is their version of the 4th of July (their indepence from Spain).

The holiday of Cinco De Mayo, The Fifth Of May, commemorates the victory of the Mexicans over the French army at The Battle Of Puebla in 1862. It is primarily a regional holiday celebrated in the Mexican state capital city of Puebla and throughout the state of Puebla, but is also celebrated in other parts of the country and in U.S.cities with a significant Mexican population. It is not, as many people think, Mexico's Independence Day, which is actually September 16.

Jeanne

You right-wingers craaack meee uuup :)B-A-N-G you'll explode :S

Just the right-wingers. No other race

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>No what it is, is a stupid and offensive classification.

Not arguing with that, and I'm not really sure what you're arguing _against._ The original poster didn't claim it was a race.

>Because most Norwegians ancestry can be traced to Northern Europe
> and most Cuban ancestry is traced to Southern Europe, for that
> reason I am inferior and need to be considered a minority. I DON'T
> THINK SO!

Think of yourself however you want, but it's a little confusing when you make up new definitions for race, nationality and ethnic background. Perhaps you could come up with a glossary that defines your terms vs. standard dictionary terms.

>That's funny, I though it commemorates the victory of a Mexican
>army over a French army . . . Maybe I'm missing something.

Well, of course you're missing something! You're not a right wing extremist, so your knowledge of history doesn't fit the "right" perspective. Next thing you know, you'll be claiming that white people pretty much exterminated the native americans - another issue that Steel is far more qualified than you are to understand.

Details details details....I wasnt even going to jump on the one about most Cubans being of Southern European stock... since the MAJORITY of Cubans are descended from African slaves.... Grow sugar... Make rum... transport to Africa... sell or trade for slaves.... take them back to be sold in Havana.... you get the picture... The Spanish had to replace the extinct people they started out with who were too susceptible to the old world diseases.

>:( Jeanne

I'm just now visiting this thread for the first time. i've seen as many or more racial remarks as political remarks. personally, i'm not a racists and i can't hardly stand to associate with someone who is, that said it is my belief that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and opinions.

One last thing, regarding ancestry, in the beginning god created first the earth, then man then of course he gave adam a mate by creating eve. this tells me the earth was started with just 2 individuals on it, mind blowing ain't it.

We're all kinfloks, ain't it a bitch? ;)
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

Think of yourself however you want, but it's a little confusing when you make up new definitions for race, nationality and ethnic background. Perhaps you could come up with a glossary that defines your terms vs. standard dictionary terms.

ok lets start from the begininng
Anvil wrote, "By using this tactic of racial identity, the democrats racially stratify America to the best of their ability during every election cycle."
to which Phillykev responded and I quoted, "And I suppose Bush didn't cout the hispanic vote at all?"
That meant that Phillykev was calling Hispanic a race. I don't need to define terms that were already defined before I was even born. What needs to happen is people have to stop playing on words to try to benefit themselves. I don't think it requires a genius to understand that a nationality defines a Nation. A race defines one of the 3-5 groups of people I posted previously and that a religion defines a group of people who believe a certain way. If you take a subgroup from a predefined group and then another subgroup from another predefined group and then you put them together and call them something else, then the question is, what are you doing? What is your motive? Was I and my fellow Cubans of my generation not born good enough so we needed to be excluded from the white race? Misengination was Illegal in Virginia up until 1967. The Democrat party used a Chicken as their mascot with the words White Supremacy written on it. Meanwhile, Desi Arnaz (Cuban) and Luci Ball (anglo-American) made the most popular American TV show in the 50's. Nobody said Desi wasn't white or that they had some form of interacial marriage going on there.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

One last thing, regarding ancestry, in the beginning god created first the earth, then man then of course he gave adam a mate by creating eve. this tells me the earth was started with just 2 individuals on it, mind blowing ain't it.

Then they had two boys... one killed the other.... and he procreated with???????????

Seems that part musta got lost in the translation...The whole book of Genesis makes for a WHOLE lot of Begattin but from whench did all the begattees arrive from...

>:(Jeanne

I'm Appalachian White. Myself and my redneck kin have for years been victimized by those who make fun of our accents. Our lack of shoes, dirt roads, schools with asbestos ceilings that used to be Civil War hospitals, and such have made us an oppressed people. I demand redneck reparations!
:D:D:D:D:D
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

you need to read on brother! adam and eve did have more children, the 3rd being a female. to this day in the middle east muslim arabs can have 4 wives if they desire. they can marry first cousins etc...you know the deal. like i said, we're all kinfolk and yeah, it took some inbreeding to get the population level to where it is now, sad but true.

Joke:
question: what is the definition of foreplay in louisiana?

answer: hey sis....YOU AWAKE?

HAH! ;) J/K itz just a joke.
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

since the MAJORITY of Cubans are descended from African slaves.... Grow sugar... Make rum... transport to Africa... sell or trade for slaves.... take them back to be sold in Havana.... you get the picture... >:( Jeanne

Now you're talking nonsense. Nonsense that I could jump all over very quickly and come up with statistic for the slave (or slave descent) ratio all through the centuries. But I will one year to deal with that. In 1968 after 9 years of communism and Castro bringing people in from Angola, Cuba was still 73% Pure Spanish , 14% Mestizo (mixed) and 13% black. The highest the black population ever got in Cuba was in the mid 1800's when it shot up to 60%, that was propaganda the time used to keep the Creoles from fighting for independence. See in the Dominican Republic the slaves took over at one point making the life of the Creoles impossible. Many Cubans would then echoe the words you don't want this to turn into the Dominican Republic do you? No its a lot safer knowing that Spain will take care of us. This is the reason why Cuba was the last Spanish speaking country to win their independence from Spain.

4 Reasons to Vote NO on Proposition 54

1. Proposition 54 will undermine accountability in school reform.

The California Public Schools Accountability Act of 1999 is the state’s central school reform program. It requires schools to set goals for student achievement and it demands accountability by instituting testing to measure achievement.

Racial data is a central part of the evaluation process. It allows schools to determine whether some groups are improving more than others and it allows schools to target resources for the best overall improvement. Without this measurement data, school reform would be stripped of accountability.

2. Proposition 54 will eliminate public health programs that save lives.

Public health prevention resources are targeted by race because some health problems affect different races disproportionately, and because cultural differences make different prevention approaches more effective with different groups. For instance:

Contra Costa health officials noted that African American women had a lower rate of detection of breast cancer than white women. Through targeted outreach, the county achieved its goal of equalizing the rate of detection between African Americans and whites. This preventative approach saves lives and taxpayer dollars.
California state programs for teen pregnancy prevention credit dramatic drops in teen pregnancy to targeted programs which communicate differently to different groups of young people. Prevention ads to Latinas are different than to white women because they respond to different media messages in different ways. These prevention approaches, which would not be allowed under PROP. 54, prevent teen pregnancies and save taxpayers millions of dollars.
Similar racial data is used in preventing tobacco use, HIV/AIDS and obesity just to name a few examples.

3. Proposition 54 will hinder law enforcement efforts.

Hate crimes, racial profiling mitigation and community policing all rely on racial data of police officers, suspects and victims to carry out laws. Understanding and addressing hate crime patterns and racial profiling patterns are only possible if we have accurate information.

4. Proposition 54 will wipe out civil rights enforcement.

Without racial data, victims of discrimination in state employment or contracting won’t be able to address patterns of racial discrimination. This initiative makes discrimination protections impossible to enforce. That’s why even Prop. 209 author Tom Wood opposes the measure.

In case you don't know that is their version of the 4th of July (their indepence from Spain).

That's funny, I though it commemorates the victory of a Mexican army over a French army at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862? Maybe I'm missing something.

There is an copy and paste from a website I just pulled up, "http://www.vivacincodemayo.org/history.htm". It turns out in this you are right I was mistaken but if you start by reading you will find its an extremely common mistake. In any case if you read where I wrote this you will find that is was intended only in support to prove that Bustamonte was not somebody who swore Spanish descent and infact he isn't. Anyway here is the copy and paste.

The 5th of May is not Mexican Independence Day, but it should be! And Cinco de Mayo is not an American holiday, but it should be. Mexico declared its independence from mother Spain on midnight, the 15th of September, 1810. And it took 11 years before the first Spanish soldiers were told and forced to leave Mexico.

So, why Cinco de Mayo? And why should Americans savor this day as well? Because 4,000 Mexican soldiers smashed the French and traitor Mexican army of 8,000 at Puebla, Mexican, 100 miles eash of Mexico City on the morning of May 5, 1862.

BUUUUZZZZZZZ WRONG ANSWER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now you're talking nonsense. Nonsense that I could jump all over very quickly and come up with statistic for the slave (or slave descent) ratio all through the centuries. But I will one year to deal with that. In 1968 after 9 years of communism and Castro bringing people in from Angola, Cuba was still 73% Pure Spanish , 14% Mestizo (mixed) and 13% black. The highest the black population ever got in Cuba was in the mid 1800's when it shot up to 60%,

From that Ultra Liberal Misinformed group in Virginia
CIA Factbook

Ethnic groups:
mulatto 51%, white 37%, black 11%, Chinese 1%

God I love this shit

BUUUUZZZZZZZ WRONG ANSWER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now you're talking nonsense. Nonsense that I could jump all over very quickly and come up with statistic for the slave (or slave descent) ratio all through the centuries. But I will one year to deal with that. In 1968 after 9 years of communism and Castro bringing people in from Angola, Cuba was still 73% Pure Spanish , 14% Mestizo (mixed) and 13% black. The highest the black population ever got in Cuba was in the mid 1800's when it shot up to 60%,

From that Ultra Liberal Misinformed group in Virginia
CIA Factbook

Ethnic groups:
mulatto 51%, white 37%, black 11%, Chinese 1%

God I love this shit

You love what? That is Cuba NOW after more than 40 years of Communism, people escaping any which way they could, Castro bringing in people from Angola. Ok I accept a certain degree of fault here for not making myself as clear as is humanly possible. But I thought that since I quoted 1968 stressing AFTER 9 years of communism, that I was making it clear that the numbers were going to be much more in the direction you are describing after 40 + years. Actually you have surprised me. I thought that right now it was closer to 75% mulatto. I am somewhat shocked that they have still managed to keep 37% white. I guess that just goes to show who Cubans are. Still I love 1% Chinese there, it shows the accuracy in the poll. They came from a sudden rush of immigration to Cuba just after slavery was outlawed. They brought them there because the Creoles did not want to work cutting sugarcane. In anycase most of my family left by 62 and the last of them was gone by 66. So when I think of Cuba I think of the Cuba that my family grew up in, Not the Cuba that was destroyed because of left wing ideology (Communism).

In any case if you read where I wrote this you will find that is was intended only in support to prove that Bustamonte was not somebody who swore Spanish descent and infact he isn't.

I read where you wrote it, and I understand your intent. The point is, when you use misinformation to support a statement, you discredit yourself.
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

In any case if you read where I wrote this you will find that is was intended only in support to prove that Bustamonte was not somebody who swore Spanish descent and infact he isn't.

I read where you wrote it, and I understand your intent. The point is, when you use misinformation to support a statement, you discredit yourself.

Actually this is the reason people have forums. Its not for some history teacher to come in and dictate. If that was the case he should be getting paid for it. Its for people to state their views and reasons behind them. And then for others to point out inaccuracies in there fact based reasoning. Then for the original poster to rethink his position with the learned information, if indeed he was wrong and then state his new enlightened opinion if indeed it has changed. Actually all conversations should be like this, but unfortunately some people are too stubborn to reason with.

Actually all conversations should be like this, but unfortunately some people are too stubborn to reason with.

Sheesh, calm down big guy. It's not my fault you're easily proven wrong :S You do what you want and keep making up facts, 'cause I'm not the one you're making look like a numbskull.
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

Actually all conversations should be like this, but unfortunately some people are too stubborn to reason with.

Sheesh, calm down big guy. It's not my fault you're easily proven wrong :S You do what you want and keep making up facts, 'cause I'm not the one you're making look like a numbskull.

I haven't made up any facts I quoted the 1968 facts as they were. The fact that I stressed that this was even after 9 years of communism should have been enough to understand that I wasn't referring to anything after that. With Cinco de Mayo I made the same mistake that has been made by millions including many Mexican-Americans which I have spoken with and assumed that to be the case. That website which I posted from started out by saying just that.