Viking

Computer people what the hell is going on here?

I'm trying to install Red Faction 2 but everytime it gets to a certain movie file it gives me this msg. grrrrrrrrrr it did this to me when i tried to reinstall Max Payne. Same error different file.

I'm using a Sony CD-RW 52x/32x/52x drive running windows 98. (this error occured on my old cd-rom as well so please no sony bashing) Now the odd thing is that if i hook up my old ass Mitsumi CD-R 2xwrite 8x read it works fine............REALLY slow but it does it. all the drivers are updated.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

You might get better results by going into CMOS settings and forcing the CD drive to use a lower access mode - start by turning off Ultra DMA access modes.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

when the computer is booting, before you see anything about winblows, there should be a message like 'press F12 to enter setup'. it might be the delete key, escape key, or some other combination depending on the bios maker. be vwery careful what you change though! you may end up with a system that won't boot at all! just make a note about what you changed so you can go back and replace the offending setting. good luck, computers suck.

malcolm the unix admin. :P
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

you would probebly do better getting a new copy of what ever it is your trying to install

that won't do anything, like i said its done this same thing with another game which would install fine on my MUCH older and much slower CD-R drive (bought it in 98 for like $300)

Also yes i'm using This Sony CD-RW Drive

I'll try messing with the start settings.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

TBH, I wasn't being a smart ass. Some CD's will have protection built in that will do similar things if it's a copy of an original.

now, my post in the camera/computer help thread was being a smart ass ;)
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1