califo77

Mirage Mx series

Hello,

i'm looking for a Mirage G4 to put a SabreII 107 and a PD Optimum 126 in.

The MX series would be optimal for these canopies.
But there are so many different MX sizes. MX, MX-1/2, MXS, MXS- 1/2 .

I am 5'74'' and have 165.34lbs.My torso is normal and my shoulder length is rather narrow than wide.

Which size would be optimal for me?

Thanks a lot!

didja look at the mirage sizing guide?

http://www.miragesys.com/sizing-guide/

3 look optimal (both main and reserve) for that combo

MXS-1/2
MXS
MX

above those, the pack starts noting "soft"

I have a G4 that's indicated "optimal" for my two canopies and it's a pretty snug fit - I'm liking it a lot.

Suspect you could also just call them and get direct advice. Since you seem to be looking for more than just the straight container sizing input.

Maybe they would have a preference on one of those sizes that would align to your harness measurement.

Question - Why do the container manufacturers really want to know your height? :D

(I mean, the container stops at the crotch - so why would any measurement that includes your inseam as a component, like height, be useful at all?)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

that still doesn't matter

height isn't needed - torso measurements are needed for your point

which I agree with

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I am 5'74'' and have 165.34lbs.My torso is normal and my shoulder length is rather narrow than wide.

It's going to be hard to find a comfortable rig, you being 11 feet two inches tall, but Mirage Systems is interested in how far your junk is from the ground:

Mirage Harness Measuring Guide Step 4
"To measure your inseam, stand naturally. Measure from the center of your crotch down to the floor."

You will find the complete harness measurment instructions here
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

I pack a Katana 107 and Optimum 126 into an MX-1. Tried to get the MX-1/2 but my order got screwed up
It really depends on your future plans for your canopy. The difference between MX and MX-1/2 is just 1/2" shorter in the main tray, so there is not a big difference.
MXS and MT have the same main d-bag. I would not jump a MT with a 107 in it because it is very loose.

I would suggest choosing between MX and MX-1/2. If you plan on doing some heavy downsizing down the road, I would say MX-1/2, but I have seen people with all the way down to an 84 velo in an MX, so I guess both sizes will let you downsize quite a bit in the future

I have an Optimum 126 in a MXS 1/2 and it's a BRICK (including a Cypres 1). I put a 113 (without a Cypres) in there and it actually seems tighter. My main is a Katana 97, but my wingsuit canopy is a Traithlon 99 and it's a brick, but the Katana is a nice fit. The Katana and Optimum were jumped for several seasons.

I wouldn't recommend the MXS 1/2 if you're putting a Op126 and a 107 in there....go at least one step up.

Hope that helps!
"When once you have tasted flight..."

Thanks for the input!

You say MXS and MT have the main DBag. What about MX, hast it not the same dbag?

I dont get it[:/]
MX hold the same canopies like MXS and MXS- 1/2, but MXS- 1/2 is shorter than MXS and MXS is shorter than MX, isn't it?

Thanks a lot!

Thanks for the input!

You say MXS and MT have the main DBag. What about MX, hast it not the same dbag?

MX hold the same canopies like MXS and MXS- 1/2, but MXS- 1/2 is shorter than MXS and MXS is shorter than MX, isn't it?

Thanks a lot!

http://miragesys.com/faq/#faq11

blue skies
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

Thanks for the input!

Thanks a lot!

I'm pretty sure about MXS and MT being the same d-bag. I'm not sure why they are. MXS rig seems to be "fatter" while MX looks "slimmer."
Normal torso, I would say go with MX.