Jayruss

Abandoned by family

For Thanksgiving, :(:(

half of the family is in Northern California, my dad is working the swing shift so his employees can have the time off, brother always works Thanksgiving. Talk about sucky . . .anyone else having a turkey sandwich for Thanksgiving?

I wish.

I got roped into going to Fort Worth to do Relative work.
I will be in Whitewright on friday though.:D(I think My brother is going to do a tandem):D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

no family in the area and i have to work the day after (stoopid health care) so no travelling.

We're having vagabound thanksgiving at a coworkers house. Should be interesting. ALthough I do think I shold get paid for the holiday without PTO time, since I"ll be spending it with my coworkers anyway....

__

I hear my company is now closed for Fri.
Our dept. still hasn't gotten the "official" word..
But definetley will be closed.
So, if I knew that I would have accepted invitation to go with real close friend to her relatives in Las Vegas with them. Now, I'm sort of getting sick, head cold, ears, runny nose, eyes.
And I have to work PT job tonight for 3-4 hrs.
Maybe after work I go to store and buy something to cook for tomorrow, and rent movies. And go do a few jumps on Sat!

Well Rich and I will probably be having Thanksgiving dinner at the Bombshelter (assuming they're having one this year!??). That's the closest I can get out here to my mom's home cooking (and I sure as hell don't want to eat MY home cooking! :|) They've had a really good dinner the last two Thanksgivings that I've been here... so you could come join the other homeless skydivers at Perris. ;)

It's more than likely I'll be called into work on christmas morning. The shop stays open, you're not allowed to take holiday time during peak periods (christmas etc).. so that's a bit shit.

Hmm... you never know when you're going to suddenly get flu, right? :S

'buttplugs? where?' - geno

Hey Jason,

Being in the hotel business, I've missed many a holiday. I know how much it sucks.

I'm sure it is unlikely, but if you can get a plane ticket consider yourself invited to my family's Thanksgiving. A true New England Thanksgiving with a huge incredible family. The house also has 4 guestrooms with a private bath.

It probably would be impossible to get a plane ticket this late, but just know the invitation stands.

Happy Thanksgiving to ya bro,
Chris

My boyfriend went to the Moab base boogie for the week so we're not having our Thanksgiving night post-feast party for the first time in 6 years.

Instead I'm doing mountains of housework and minor remodeling. It's not the same, but it's incredibly satisfying to spend several days walking around the house just in underwear slopping paint on everything.

And I'm hardly at a loss for good food ;)

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Straights hate gays because their wives can't cook like I do.

Hey dude i am straight and i don't hate gays.
and i cook :)

Closet . . .:o:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I'm going to be alone on Thanksgiving this year as well. I'm not going home because I have a night class tonight that doesn't get out until 9. I also fly standby, so naturally I can't guarantee I'll get back when I'm supposed to, and considering I have my first final on Monday, that wouldn't be a good thing.

Thanksgiving is nice and it would be nice to be with my family, but this is the difficult time in the semester when students are always so busy.

As cliche as it may be, I'm buying a hungry man turkey dinner or something and eating that tomorrow. :P
~skysprite

I've actually got the opposite this year - Only been home with the family for Thanksgiving and Christmas once each in the past 12 years. I have a feeling I'll be familied out since I live here again.

that's cool!!!

Normally my family is really good about staying together for the holidays, but oh well