steve1

Ass-hole Highway Patrolman

I've been stopped many times for traffic violations, but have never been given a riot act, by a complete jerk, in front of my family.

By your own admission you have been stopped many times for traffic violations. And now you want to sulk and whine because a police officer told you off? Incredible.

I think you need to re-evaluate your driving habits pal. ;)

You know, I've had a drivers license for well over 35 years. Hell yes, I've been stopped more than once. My insurance rates are low because it hardly ever happens. In fact I'll bet they are lower than yours....pal. As far as my being a whiner, I'd really rather jump with you than trade insults. I've always felt like there were a lot of good people to talk to on these forums and I didn't mean to set off such a hot bed of controversy. So maybe we all need to lighten up a bit, including myself.....Steve1

Steve,

Let it go man. Most of the people here will not understand no matter how you tell the story. Most..will NEVER understand traffic laws or the spaces in Montana. There are places that have no exits from the freeway for 50 miles in Montana. They would never understand driving 100mph down the freeway and having a state trooper pass you doing 120. The laws have changed since I experienced that but at the time the speed limit was REASONABLE and PROPER.. so if it was a straightaway and the next exit is 45 miles...100 was going slow. I even had a Montana tropper pull me over just to check out the engine of my car.. annoying at the time but hey he wanted to look at the hemi.B|

Thanks Jeanne...Come again to Lost Prairie and we'll make a bunch of jumps. Damn this cold weather and no jumping is wearing me down. Maybe that's why little things are getting me down. We've also had a rash of suicides lately at our school where I work. Three students have hung themselves in the past month. Two others in a nearby town. Playing counselor is wearing me down. I guess that's another reason I have a case of the ass toward authority figures. There's so many worthless parents out there and too many hurting kids to keep up with.

But anyhow, let's talk about something brighter. To tell you the truth all this bickering is really dragging me down...Steve1

Wow, I have been on a few message boards before. You get your standars types...those who think they know everything, claim to be things they aren't.....

But this has got to be the worst as far as flaming goes. Never understood why people feel the need to flame everyone. Seriously, get a life. The Highway Patrol Officer was a moron on a power trip from the sound of it. What can I say...some people with low self esteem sometimes feel the need to talk down to people...in return making them feel better/more powerful. And trust me...law enforcement is FILLED with low self esteemed individuals. I know, I work with them. I do consulting to many SWAT and Tact units around the state. These men, as nice as some of them are, are for the most part insecure. Are all of them like that? Of course not. However, this is more the norm.

The patrol officer is thankful he didn't get choke-slammed on the pavement. Have I ever assaulted an officer? Shamefully, yes. Did he deserve it? Hell yeah! Does it make it right? Of course not. I was in a bar in Virginia Beach. There was 3 off-duty cops in the bar. I was loud, but not rowdy. They came over to me, trying to intimidate me by stating they were cops. After seeing I was not impressed, one of them poked his finger against my chest stating I better lose my attitude.

Wrong answer.

I grabbed his throat and balls and tossed him against the bar. His buddies, like clock-work jumped in. Long story short...we all got banged up. In avoided jail time. I was however fined $1,500...500 for each cop. I paid it gladly.

In short, lay off the flaming. Don't type just to see your own words. Relax. Let's try and be more polite and professional.

Peace

Forty-two

Asshole Highway Patrolman....Isn't that redundant?

Here in WA I have found the WSP to be nice, fair, and generous. (Been pulled over by them something like 6 times. Been complimented by them on some aspect of my demeanor or driving twice.) City cops are a different story. And Everett cops after dark is a TV show. B|

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

The rule of thumb for traffic stops is: "Lecture or Ticket". Accept one or the other...never both.

Apparently this Officer went by the rule. Just think of the lecture as a bit of stearn advice. Maybe he was pissed and felt like bitching, or maybe he actually gives a shit about public safety.

I'll take a lecture over points and a fine every time!

FallRate

Just remember that most traffic laws are there for a reason. Granted, your violation was quite minor. But the road was only clear as far as you could ascertain. If you'd misread the situation or overlooked something, there could have been an avoidable accident.

Whenever you break 'em, you're increasing the risks of injuries/death not only to yourself, but to others.

That's why when someone brags about getting speeding tickets a lot or driving too fast, I don't go "wow, cool guy" but "shit, I hope he doesn't kill someone and if he does, I hope he'll learn from it.and have the willpower to make it through a mentally punishing time".

Risk your own life all you want. Risk mine as well due to your stupidity and I get angry. Oh I should add that this is a general comment and as such not directed at stteve1 or anyone in particular :)

Santa Von GrossenArsch
I only come in one flavour
ohwaitthatcanbemisunderst