Dagny

It's only a test...Yeah, right!

In 14 short hours, I will take my cardiovascular physiology final. I am so freakin' scared!!! I mean, like hands shaking kind of afraid...or maybe it's just the caffeine I've been drinking.

Monday, TOMORROW!, is like my own personal d-day. That sick professor with his crazy mind game of a test is gonna throw 100 multiple choice questions at me. Am I going to be ready? He's tricky...his questions are tricky. He has a track record of failing lots of students and I know he made a few cry last year. I won't cry, I won't, but maybe I"ll pack some kleenex just in case.

I need to quiet my mind! That's why I'm taking this study break. I peeked at my notes again just now, they keep taunting me. I don't know this stuff as well as I could, maybe I'll fail. I hope I don't. I worked so hard to get to medical school and this test could bring my progression to a sudden halt. That's why I'm so bloody scared right now. What if I fail? What would I do with myself? How could I let down my family like that? They'd start introducing me to friends as "missy, my daughter [whispering] that failed out of med school [/whispering]". How embarassing! And depressing!

So, fine. I'll pull an all-nighter. I can sleep tomorrow. I have a coffee pot and enough coffee to keep a small third-world country awake for a month.
Oh, no....I don't have any snack food! What to do?

The sky is grey and overcast tonight. The rain is falling hard, sideways. It mirrors my mood. Oh, I hate having test anxiety.

My mind keeps wandering. Christmas is so close, I haven't bought anything yet! I want to see a movie. That Maeve Binchy book is just begging to be read. Maybe I could just skip tomorrow and go mountain biking.

Ah, well. I've been through worse, I suppose. And, so what if I fail out of medical school. I mean, there's worse stuff in life, right? Hell, maybe I'll pass. It could happen.

uh-oh. I forgot the difference between myogenic response and myogenic control. And what was that stuff about shear stress? (sigh) Back to the books, I suppose.
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

My, my dear, you need to relax!!!!!

You didn't get this far by being an idiot (or even prone to failing, for that matter). Your negative energy could bring you down!!! Think positively and believe in yourself, for crying out loud. Sounds like you need a break more than an all-nighter.

STOP! BREATHE! Do something FUN for a bit, then go to bed early. Get up early, take yourself and your study materials to a restaurant like Country Kitchen or IHOP, and sit there for hours drinking coffee, eating good food, and cramming your butt off.

That's what go me through nursing school, anyway.;)

I have a feeling you'll be fine. {{{hugs}}}

Blue ones-

Shinda

An audience of 35 head of cattle was not exactly what I had in mind for that last landing.........

Heart lungs liver, arteries, arterioles, veins, venuoles and cappilaries. What more do you need;):D:D

Good luck Dagny Anatomy and Phys are my favourites:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

grab your rig, unpack your main parachute, disconnect the slider, dbag, bridle, and PC and climb to the roof of your apartment building and jump off unpacked stylee!!!! :D

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

Relax, darlin, relaaaaax.

Think, "If I pass, Rev Jim will lick . . . . um,

er,

uh,

his nose. Yea, that's it, his nose. (As a warm up....>:(

Relax, and give 'em hell, dear!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Yuck, i feel your pain. I HATE finals...in fact i hate all tests, lol

I have learned a lot about taking huge tests in the past though. First of all - RELAX! If you're all anxious and tense its going to be more difficult to do well. Speaking of anxiousness, i would definitely not drink a lot of coffee if possible. The caffeine in it makes you anxious, and you certainly don't need anymore anxiety!!

Also, I would go against the all nighter idea-at least get a little bit of sleep. Sometimes, Ill study for awhile, get to sleep at a decent time, and get up a little earlier than usual (like an hour or 2) and study before getting a good breakfast (eating helps-a lot!) and taking the test. If the test is later, ill study in between the breakfast and the test.

Oh and give yourself a break every once in awhile from studying...sounds as if you gave yourself one to post this which is good...If i didn't take breaks while studying I think by now i;d have gone insane!;)

Lastly, think positively. If you sit there and say "i'm going to fail" or "all i need is a c" or thinking about failing out of med school you might do just that. Go into the test knowing you will get an A...a postitive atttude helps a lot!!

Best of all luck to you on your test!!

*daizey*