ACMESkydiver

How do I set up for custom embroidery on a rig?

I'm ordering my new rig this week...and I want a big custom embroidery done down the sidewall...it's Wile E. Coyote (of course) in freefall holding an anvil and showing peace...I free-hand drew it, but now how do I get it into format so Aerodyne can have it embroidered on my rig? My drawing is in pencil (no color), so I'll have to add color to it as well...any ideas what kind of computer stores or who would do this kind of work for me?

Thanks! :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

i would be interested if they will do it given that character is copyrighted. I would be curious if they would even do it. This has nothing to do with your drawing but more of a copyright on the character. Just curious as it bring up some interesting questions...

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Damn you're right...you know, maybe I'll just order it with a blank sidewall and take it to a local embroiderer...problem with that is if the embroidery company screws up my rig, I'll have no recourse against them...and I seriously doubt embroiderers around here are used to doing skydiving rigs....

eesh...
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

You cannot embroider a rig after the fact. The material has to be placed on a hoop. They do the embroidery before they cut the fabric.

You need to get your artwork digitized. If you can have someone lay it out on Adobe Illustrator that would be awesome. Digitizing is expensive. Up to $300.00, depending on the stitch count. There are also vast files of charactors that are already digitized, but of course Wiley wouldn't be in freefall.

I don't think there is a copyright issue as long as you are not selling reproductions.

PM me if you have any other questions about digitizing or embroidery.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Gravitygirl is right about the expense. Actually, the most I've ever seen was $176. It does depend on the thread count though and if you're wanting something down the side panel of the rig, it could very easily make it's way up to $300.

I've had people send me picture and I've scanned them and sent it by attachment on an email to the lady that digitizes our personalized logos.

Call Aerodyne. They could certainly tell you what you need to give them that could be used to digitize.

I don't know anything about the copyright so...good luck.

Paige

Also taking it to have things like that done after the fact I believe violates the TSO. I know dying your rig violates it, I would assume taking it to someone to have that done would as well.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You can do almost anything you want to a main container without invalidating the TSO.
However, modifications to reserve containers often invalidate TSOs.
Best to do the embroidery before they sew the main container together.

Ask em to do it and dont mention copyright. If they do - great, who the f*&k cares about copyright. No one's gonna turn up with a summons against you. (and that is my official legal stand point on this one).

If not, I'd give it up on cost effectivness grounds, unless you have money to burn.