jumperconway

Allah or Jesus?............. forwarded

and doesn't somewhere in the old testiment of the bible, it says for believers to kill others? So couldn't this reverend get on a jew and yell at him for his religion?

I suppose he could, but he'd have to ignore the fact that OT god and the NT god are the one and the same.
-Josh
If you have time to panic, you have time to do something more productive. -Me*
*Ron has accused me of plagiarizing this quote. He attributes it to Douglas Adams.

Even if it did not happen, do you think that many/most mainstream Islamic leaders preach exactly as claimed?

Who knows? Surely the true leaders have come up with some excuse over the years to get out of situations like this one. The Christians have an excuse for everything, as do the Jews, and the Muslims, so surely so would someone of Islam.

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Thank you.

I will check it out more. Quite honestly, I've a friend who is, and I've always been fascinated...

I'll look and learn. Truly, everything associated has always pleased me, and lead me to believe that the teachings may be worthwhile.

If anything, after last year, I could use some philosophy.

blues,

Jack
It's a gas, gas, gas...

In and of itself, your statement shows you to be a clear thinking, rational human being. Welcome. Makes me happy to realize there are those of us, that can read, and worship, but not necessarily take everything and blindly follow.

The cults love to call it "Blind Faith". Which is really the most dangerous segment of any religion. Questioning centuries old manuscripts, reading between the lines, seeking verification, disagreeing with portions...

All of these are things I would think any God would come to expect out of it's creation. Not blind sheep.

However, it is readliy apparent (as I'm sure your aware) that zealotry in any religion, typically leads to bodies in the street.

What frustrates me is, much of the old writings, come from a time that was even more turbulent than now, such as, warring factions was standard daily fare.

As such, you will, if you look hard enough (or in some cases not hard at all) find a passage that can be construed or twisted to show, KILL ANYONE THAT DOESN'T BELIEVE!

Bullshit. Complete and Total Bullshit. I mean, the least we could do, as rational human beings, is not hide behind religion when we feel the need to take someones life.

War has always been about land, resources, and power. Yet, it's always also been about tying religion in, so that the masses can be more properly motivated in joining in.

Which is why I believe, if you had to choose, Buddha would be the choice, at least when your reviewing track records...

I like my religion, with a healthy dose of spirituality, science, and rational thinking. It's a lot less mysterious, not quite as ethereal as others, but it tastes just fine too me.

B|

Jack

No One Expects The Spanish Inquisition.
It's a gas, gas, gas...

I then stated: "Well, sir, I have a real problem trying to imagine Pope John Paul commanding all Catholics to kill those of your faith or Pat Robertson or Dr. Stanley ordering Protestants to do the same in order to go to Heaven!"

You mean like Pope Urban II declared in 1095? Declaring a holy war on "Infidels" launching the first Christian crusade lasting close to 200 years declaring war on non christians?

Dr. E.L. Skip Knox's summation of Pope Urban's speech at Council of Clermont in France, on November 27, 1095:

"The noble race of Franks must come to the aid their fellow Christians in the East. The infidel Turks are advancing into the heart of Eastern Christendom; Christians are being oppressed and attacked; churches and holy places are being defiled. Jerusalem is groaning under the Saracen yoke. The Holy Sepulchre is in Moslem hands and has been turned into a mosque. Pilgrims are harassed and even prevented from access to the Holy Land.

"The West must march to the defense of the East. All should go, rich and poor alike. The Franks must stop their internal wars and squabbles. Let them go instead against the infidel and fight a righteous war.

"God himself will lead them, for they will be doing His work. There will be absolution and remission of sins for all who die in the service of Christ. Here they are poor and miserable sinners; there they will be rich and happy. Let none hesitate; they must march next summer. God wills it!"

http://crusades.boisestate.edu/contents.html

Let's not confuse the Pope with Jesus or God. Or anyone for that matter.

Usually internet spam doesn't deserve a response. But fuck it, it's Tuesday.

>"Well, sir, I have a real problem trying to imagine Pope John Paul
> commanding all Catholics to kill those of your faith . . .

Popes have commanded exactly that. Check any history book. Heck, if you read the bible, it commands you to kill homosexuals and people who do not keep holy the Sabbath. Know anyone who works on Sunday (or Saturday, by some people's reckoning?) Better grab the 9mm and fulfill god's commands!

Most reasonable Muslims and Christians know that their holy books (and their extremist preachers) are not to be taken 100% seriously.

From what little I know........those references were written for the Dispensation of Law which was ended around Christ's death and resurrection which, in turn, gave birth to the Dispensation of Grace. Dispensationalism teaches that there are approximately seven dispensations of which time has yet to bring them all about. Some Ultradispensationlist believe there are more; however, we are "govern" differently than those of the Old Testament times.

Please note that I said FORWARD on the heading. Please argue with someone with a studied opinion, I merely forwarded it!!!!!! I truly believe that extremists in vertually every catagory are somewhat WHACKED!

NO! I am too caught up in my own rhetoric and my soap box is calling me! ;)

Too be fair I was targeting the email, not you. I understand that you forwarded it.