DTOXX

Center cell now "ribless"

Well I think its time for a new canopy. Had a hard opening, not real hard but not soft either, and upon inspecting my canopy noticed something odd in the center cell.

It flew fine however. Crap it flaired great at 3000 and turned as expected. If it wasn't for the "odd" looking center cell I would have never guessed anything was wrong.

After a careful landing I found that the center cell rib had torn about 1/2 down the length. Friends on the ground said the center cell looked very large.

Looks like I am now in the market for a main.[:/]

-------
D.T. Holder
SIMstudy

I had a 5 foot long tear on the center cell - bottom skin of my PD210. PD fixed it (an entire new center cell) for about $150, yours might be a lot cheaper.

I still had a nice landing, even loaded at 1.1 with about 200 jumps on it.

If the thing still flies well, maybe you should let them give you an estimate.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

The thing that make me nervous is that its a PD with "unknown" number of jumps. I do know it was used as a base rig for a bit however.

On July 12 last year (looked in my log book) I blew up the right end cell. PD did a repair (replaced the panel) and did pull test on the material. Now this happens. How many times do I let this come apart with me under it?:S

I am sure that I will send it back to PD. I am sure it can be fixed and I am sure it would be cheaper. It does not put a lot of faith in the chute though.

-------
D.T. Holder
SIMstudy