jtval

Soul Flyers DVD

has anyone seen the new soul flyers DVD I just ordered mine b/c I through thier website b/c I cant get it in the States.

I know square 2 had it for like 7 minutes b4 it sold out Sqaure 1 had a problem with the format( i think they send the PAL stock to the US by mistake)

anyway I just ordered it online and Im hoping its as good as it looks! any reviews?
My photos

My Videos

it's incredible... hardcore wingsuit and nice basejump too... some swooping which is not too bad, specially mountain swooping... and head down tandem... but no RW, no FF and stuff like that....
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579

Square 1 did not have a PAL version. The NTSC copies of the Soul Flyer DVD were designed incorrectly. The DVD plays, but when you choose subtitles in English (or assumably French) the second line of copy is partially cut off. They are remastering the NTSC version, and replacements will be avaliable soon.

From Loic:

We've talk with the designer of the DVD.
He has done a mistake when he made the ntsc version on his computer.
He could not check because he has no ntsc DVD player!
Ntsc is less pixels then Pal, from the Pal version he "cuted it" into the ntsc version.
The subtitles were in missing pixels (or lines)...The error is a true one!

He has done a new glass master and they are sending it into production. We are re-builting 900 DVD in NTSC...
Quite an expensive mistake!

We will keep you informed about these new DVD.
It will take around a mounth to have the DVD and ship them to you.

And there you have it.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Just so eveyone is aware, if you live in the US and you order through the website it will cost you about 40 euros in shipping.

Loic is recomending those of you in the US order them from a US distributor.

sure thing I jsut got done looking trought my email!

Loic said the Shipping is Like 40 Euros...MORE THEN THE DVD ITSELF...

I just shot an email to arlo in deland! he says they arent having any problems with it

I want my DVD.
My photos

My Videos

Loic said the Shipping is Like 40 Euros...MORE THEN THE DVD ITSELF...

40 Euros? that doesnt sound right! I ordered mine from www.flyyourbody.com and Im sure I was only charged a nominal amount for shipping...i think it was only like $5 or so.

I have the PAL version and also have some problems with clipping on the subtitles, but its only noticable on letters like j and g where the bottom part gets cut, so it aint worth worrying about it.

Good movie though, goes a little flat occasionly, but its worth it for the wingsuit stuff

i am a jackass. I totally misunderstood JPs response to something. for that i'm sorry JP. :$

JT, JP was correct in saying that we don't have the revised/reformatted dvd. that will most likely ship at the same time to those with outstanding orders.

i would recommend just buying the dvd from JP/Square 1 because you're on that side of the world, and you would save about 3 or 4 days of shipping if you get it from square 1 instead of TSO-D.

it's all about sharing the love. JP....i love you. :D

p.s. as an aside: i have soul flyers in the original format. the 1/2 chopped second line of subtitles doesn't really matter to me one way or the other. you can still read it, it's just not a complete line. hell, it took me watching a few times before i decided to even switch to the subtitles. B| this is one BAD-ASS video for sure.

Don't bite my head off....:ph34r:

I'm not surprised you have them in stock. So do I. JT however was claming he was getting the NEW NTSC version, which has not been created yet. The current NTSC version is formated wrong so there are too many Pixels top to bottom. It was a conversion problem from PAL. Loic has anounced the new version is being remastered and will be avaliable in 3-4 weeks.

"I love you man" ~Wane's World

PS: In case anyone was wondering, I think Arlo rocks!
:P