Daizey

I think my basement is haunted...

A few years ago my parents decided to redo our basement, The first thing they set up was a room for me, then a family room, a bar, a pool room, and a spare kitchen/food storage room. Since its basically done, its never been to scary....until now.

I haven't been able to sleep all night, so i decided to get up and get some water...so i get up, open the door and hear the radio above the bar on....its not tuned into a particular station, just lots of static with some eerie noises and faint voices. Well, that did it for me. I forgot about the water and got right back into bed! I made sure to lcok the door on the way back in!

A little while later i decided maybe i was dreaming so I got up again. This time the tv was on in the family room. A light was on too, but when i got up it suddenly shut off. I ran upstairs (they're right next to my door), checked on the rest of my family to see if it was a joke (it was 2 am and unfortunately they're all in bed-guess its not a joke), got soem water and ran back to my room, On the way I noticed the tv was off, the light was on and the swivel rocker was slightly rocking. I locked the door to my room.

I called my dad from my cell phone and told him to come downstairs. Thought maybe someone was in the house...but theres nothing...not a thing...he blamed it on my inagination-but i swear i didn't imagine it! And now that i think about it i can recall some weird things that happened in the past...but i always blamed my brothers...

Ok so now I am kinda freaked out. And theres no way i can fall asleep now!

So do you think my basements haunted? Does anyone out there even believe in ghosts? haha Ive never been one to believe in them, but after tonight, im really not so sure....

*daizey*

wow thats pretty freaky. did you ever see that movie Signs? if could be aliens in your house kristi!!!:o:o hiding in the shadows camoflaged like the walls so you won't see them at first glance. :o:o
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

A few years ago my parents decided to redo our basement, The first thing they set up was a room for me, then a family room, a bar, a pool room, and a spare kitchen/food storage room. Since its basically done, its never been to scary....until now.

I haven't been able to sleep all night, so i decided to get up and get some water...so i get up, open the door and hear the radio above the bar on....its not tuned into a particular station, just lots of static with some eerie noises and faint voices. Well, that did it for me. I forgot about the water and got right back into bed! I made sure to lcok the door on the way back in!

A little while later i decided maybe i was dreaming so I got up again. This time the tv was on in the family room. A light was on too, but when i got up it suddenly shut off. I ran upstairs (they're right next to my door), checked on the rest of my family to see if it was a joke (it was 2 am and unfortunately they're all in bed-guess its not a joke), got soem water and ran back to my room, On the way I noticed the tv was off, the light was on and the swivel rocker was slightly rocking. I locked the door to my room.

I called my dad from my cell phone and told him to come downstairs. Thought maybe someone was in the house...but theres nothing...not a thing...he blamed it on my inagination-but i swear i didn't imagine it! And now that i think about it i can recall some weird things that happened in the past...but i always blamed my brothers...

Ok so now I am kinda freaked out. And theres no way i can fall asleep now!

So do you think my basements haunted? Does anyone out there even believe in ghosts? haha Ive never been one to believe in them, but after tonight, im really not so sure....

Honestly...your house sounds way to nice to be worring if it's ' haunted ' or not.
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

From your description of events not really sure.

However when you do go down your basement stairs make sure you step down really fast and high so those people living under the stairs don't grab your legs.

Sorry couldn't resist Daizey.;)

Sometimes I wake up from a dream that hasn't quite ended yet and get visuals like you just described. Almost always these seem more real than they really are. Especially the next morning.

However just to be safe...

Can you find a Bible to sleep with under your pillow??

...sorry again. B|
Just having late night fun.

If you've ever heard of "things that go bump in the night" that's what you're experiencing right now. Hollywood has mad a lot of money off the same perceptions and fears that we experience ( you right now) at times.

SUNSHINE AND BRIGHT BLUE SKIES!! :)

aloha.

haha im like seriously paranoid here. Damn Hollywood and their movies. NowI'm thinking maybe its a person...it is cold outside,,,maybe they're looking for a warm place and somehow got in! Maybe when i went upstairs they snuck into my room and now they are hiding in my closet or under my bed just waiting for me to go to sleep...

I'm kidding...I think[:/]

*daizey*

that's funny!!:)
Seriously.... Daizey, we all wake sometimes at night and are still in a form of dream state (sometimes called Lucid Dreaming) and sounds, lights, or shadows our mind perceives and conjures up into somethine else entirely. Catch your breath, turn on a couple lights, wake up and then go back to sleep into dreams of sweet skydives and tipee toe landings...

aloha.

But thats the thing, i haven't gone to sleep yet tonight....i haven't been able to sleep, ive watched like 6 straight hours of nick and night so far!

Well there's the problem right there...hello...;)

Nick @ Nite is EVIL i tell you

Seriously, it sounds like some electircal (with the exception of the rocking chair) issues due to the extreme cold that you all are going through in the Eastern Time Zone.

If you look outside are the street lights and your neighbors outside lights on?

aloha.

haha i dunno, Im not leaving this room to check. Theres one small window but its too high for me to see out of -even if i stand on a chair...

Though if its a ghost, staying in my room isn't gonna save me...someone just told me "if its a ghost do you really think locking your door is gonna scare it away? it could just come right through your door ya know"

lol

oh and if it was something with the electric wouldn't the stuff in my room and the rest of the house be acting funky too??

*daizey*

OK I'm going to advise going back to the Bible routine that I mentioned earlier cause it worked in this one movie I saw once..... oh wait :o

All kidding aside

Seriously it's about midnight here on the Hawaiian Islands so it must getting close to sunrise in your neighborhood... and hopefully that will help rest your fears?? No

aloha.

well, i attempted to go to sleep but then viking called and said he came close to calling me on his house line and whispering scary things into the phone like "im in your house" omg, i woulda freaked out!!

Now hes telling me horror stories...i think its time to hang up, watch full house and try to go to sleep.....[:/]:S

*daizey*

watch full house and try to go to sleep.....

that will give you nightmares more than anything...... the hair from the uncle, the olsen twins, candice cameron, and the anoying friend where all a wierd combination........

I think my basement is haunted too! Well maybe not haunted, but it's so freakin scary down there. I seriously believe that someone lives in my basement. When I was younger, I used to dread going downstairs because I was afraid something might get me. There is a lot of crap in my basement. We kinda use it for storage so someone could easily hide behind boxes and stuff. It's so scary. I hate it down there. [:/]
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

think my basement is haunted too! Well maybe not haunted, but it's so freakin scary down there. I seriously believe that someone lives in my basement.

it's the furnace that's all it is i tell ya......lol.....

think my basement is haunted too! Well maybe not haunted, but it's so freakin scary down there. I seriously believe that someone lives in my basement.

it's the furnace that's all it is i tell ya......lol.....

LOL....ya know.....that's what my parents keep on telling me
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

The house I grew up in had a ghost. It was built in 1850 so there was plenty of history. Not everyone believes in such things. All I can tell you is this. The "ghost" was a little girl. She came to my brother's 5th birthday party. She was seen playing by SEVERAL differen't Moms that were there. In fact a friend of my Mom's, while looking at some pics taken at the party, asked "Where's that little girl that was wearing the pink dress?" Lot's of doors opening and closing, Foot steps, etc. Well one day this old lady stops by the house. She's probably in her 70's. Says she wanted to stop by the house where her sister had died. She had a pic of her sister in the pink dress. Crazy!!! Anyway.....I just went down there to visit after Christmas. My son was sleeping in what used to be that little girls room.Hadn't thought about "The ghost" in awhile since no strange things have been noted for some time. Well....my mom says to me..."Did you notice a certain smell in your old room?" I said "Yeah I did. It smells kinda like wet diapers or something." My son is 8 so there aren't any wet diapers around. My mom says "Hmmm.....maybe the little girl is back." I didn't know this growing up but I guess my mom used to notice that smell every time some "Activity" was going on. :S Weird huh....I say this though. They don't seem to take up any space and as long as they aren't too annoying, let them be and don't worry about it. You may even ask if they can chip in on the rent. :P

yeah it sounds to me like the aliens from "signs". did you see that movie?

if you did, remember how creepy and silent those aliens were? how they would sneak up to the sleeping boy and spray him in the nose?

bwahahahhahahh! sleep tight! :P:D

MB 3528, RB 1182

The house I grew up in had a ghost. It was built in 1850 so there was plenty of history. Not everyone believes in such things. All I can tell you is this. The "ghost" was a little girl. She came to my brother's 5th birthday party. She was seen playing by SEVERAL differen't Moms that were there. In fact a friend of my Mom's, while looking at some pics taken at the party, asked "Where's that little girl that was wearing the pink dress?" Lot's of doors opening and closing, Foot steps, etc. Well one day this old lady stops by the house. She's probably in her 70's. Says she wanted to stop by the house where her sister had died. She had a pic of her sister in the pink dress. Crazy!!! Anyway.....I just went down there to visit after Christmas. My son was sleeping in what used to be that little girls room.Hadn't thought about "The ghost" in awhile since no strange things have been noted for some time. Well....my mom says to me..."Did you notice a certain smell in your old room?" I said "Yeah I did. It smells kinda like wet diapers or something." My son is 8 so there aren't any wet diapers around. My mom says "Hmmm.....maybe the little girl is back." I didn't know this growing up but I guess my mom used to notice that smell every time some "Activity" was going on. :S Weird huh....I say this though. They don't seem to take up any space and as long as they aren't too annoying, let them be and don't worry about it. You may even ask if they can chip in on the rent. :P

I'm so glad that you wrote that Clay because I have experienced similar encounters. I don't want to come across as crazy. When I was younger, I lived in a home where everyone saw/experienced things that pointed to the fact that there must have been a "spirit" there. I will not ever write about any of those experiences.

I cannot say that I "believe in ghosts", but, perhaps, not everything that happens can be explained in this world/dimension that we, as humans, interact within. I have always "attracted" energy/spirits/souls that are not living (Ugh...I see dead people. :() I guess that you can say that I see, feel, hear things that others do not. Some energy is bad, but most is neutral. I am not usually frightened of these interactions (unless it feels very evil), but I, as a rational, practical person, have no "logical" explanations for certain occurrences.

These occurrences, thankfully, are definitely not as prevalent for me as they used to be, but they still happen from time to time. I usually just brush it off as nothing, unless someone else is with me and freaking out at what they just saw, heard or felt. Then I have to admit that it happened. I have NEVER liked having these experiences. They drain me physically. I still don't know what to think about all of this... I'm a freak. :(