mx19

Liquid eyewear

I emailed liquid a couple days ago telling them I was a skydiverand interested in the Gasket with the LTD lense. They quoted me $279! I am assuming that is not a discounted price considering they have the exact same for $162 shipped at activesportsunglasses.com

I think $279 is the Hellfire LTD lens. The Polarized LTD lens is $239 and the standard LTD is $179 which is probably what they are selling on that other site.

If you order the Hellfire, make sure they are what you want. When driving a car with most of the UV blocked by the windows they will be almost clear.

Info on the Hellfire Lens from http://www.liquidpolarized.com "This lens is best used for motorcycle riding, tactical and combat. This lens does not darken when inside an automobile, must have UV light to change."

I emailed liquid a couple days ago telling them I was a skydiverand interested in the Gasket with the LTD lense. They quoted me $279! I am assuming that is not a discounted price considering they have the exact same for $162 shipped at activesportsunglasses.com

I think $279 is the Hellfire LTD lens. The Polarized LTD lens is $239 and the standard LTD is $179 which is probably what they are selling on that other site.

If you order the Hellfire, make sure they are what you want. When driving a car with most of the UV blocked by the windows they will be almost clear.

Info on the Hellfire Lens from http://www.liquidpolarized.com "This lens is best used for motorcycle riding, tactical and combat. This lens does not darken when inside an automobile, must have UV light to change."

Oh Gotcha!! I assumed all LTD lenses were the same price. I bet your right. I think i would prefer the standard LTD lense just for the reason you mentioned. I would want some tint to the lense when driving. Thanks for pointing that out though.

"This lens is best used for motorcycle riding, tactical and combat. This lens does not darken when inside an automobile, must have UV light to change."

... except in heat above 85ish degrees at which point, the lenses will no longer transition to a tint, or when its below 40 when the lenses will get so dark that you cannot see out of them.
;)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

So I guess after some people have said that they weren't offered a reduced price/savings based on the fact that they were either A: Skydivers B: Active/Prior Service etc...and some said that the price was the same as was listed on the web site itself. My questions is this, what model/lens combinations may be offered with a savings? Or what models are not offered with a savings may be a shorter list?
So, you bring your beer?

Its 5 o'clock somewhere
POPS #9344

Basically if you get anything other than standard glasses, ie: LTD, hellfire and or Rx, the associated cost is different. You can get Polarized or non polarized for the same price.

Here is an example of what I mentioned earlier about forming the glasses to fit your head/face correctly.
http://youtu.be/3sSs9IjR1bk
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING