ripcords

TFR over Philly 1/31/04! Ugh

Is anyone else disgusted by the huge TFR's that follow President Bush around like a giant black cloud?:(

I think it was so ironic that he went to Kitty Hawk to celebrate the centennial of flight thereby keeping those that love aviation from flying in.>:(

Now he decides he will visit Philadelphia on Saturday, effectively closing down the airspace to general aviation. Are we truly such a threat that it warrants these outrageously large TFR's?B|

He can make it into Iraq for the holidays, but he can't make it to Philly without a 50 mile umbrella?

I have "A little" experience in Exec protection. Things like aircraft pose a HUGE unstoppable threat. Can't exactly bring down a plane with a Sig or stop it with body armor. [:/] It's just a fact of the world we live in.

He can make it into Iraq for the holidays, but he can't make it to Philly without a 50 mile umbrella?

He can't make it to MAINE w/o the frikkin umbrella. Skydive New England was closed many a day this summer because dubbya just had to keep hitting his favorite fishing spot up there, to hell with all the people who were trying to make a living those few non-rainy weekends.

And honestly, he probably DOES need it with all the people he's been pissing off [:/]

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

Again, he is the President. TFR's everywhere he or might I add, EVERY OTHER PRESIDENT has had.

Maybe pre-911 the POTUS did not have such an extensive TFR umbrella surrounding his plane, however guess you can imagine the security risk/restrictions post-911. Right?

Trust me, George Jr "is not" making the rules regarding his own security. That's out of his hands
and in the hands of the Secret Service. So, blame them, not him.

Just an observation, and not to be construed as a political statement.:) Don't you dislike (hate is such a strong word) all these political bullshit threads on the forums.

Again, he is the President. TFR's everywhere he or might I add, EVERY OTHER PRESIDENT has had.

Every other President AFTER Abe Lincoln

Trust me, George Jr "is not" making the rules regarding his own security. That's out of his hands
and in the hands of the Secret Service. So, blame them, not him.

Actually the last official act of Abe Lincoln was to establish the Secret Service,,,,for an entirely different purpose, but the last act could have saved him. He just failed to see that his own security was more important than the security of the treasury.

skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]