kelel01

UPS sucks a big, fat . . .

Ok, so I ordered some stuff from Para Gear about a month and a half ago. I hadn't received it yet, so I contacted Para Gear about it. They did some research for me, UPS tarcking and what not, and they found out that UPS had sent it to an address of mine from 2+ years ago.

My current address is valid (we get other stuff from UPS there all the time), which they said it's not, and they called God-only-knows-who and got my old address. :S WTF?!

So, my order is LOST! I want my shit! >:(

Ok, this is not really meant to bash UPS-- even the best corporations have their weird screw-ups. Just venting. [:/]

Just wanted to add that the people at Para Gear have been very nice and helpful. They are working on getting me my stuff one way or another. :)
Kelly

The interesting thing is, they (UPS) claim that if the USPS were not supported by the government, they (UPS) would be the dominant ones. I'm not sure what the loss ratios are, comparatively, between the two, but when you hear stories like this it makes you cringe.

Hope you get your stuff soon.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Sounds more like a ParaGear problem and less of a UPS problem....
Have you ordered from Paragear when you were at your old address?
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

They've taken a creative (read: destructive) hand to my possessions before...I don't know if it's worse if they lose or wreck your stuff B|

I just ordered the parts for a new computer, and none of the retailers listed UPS as a shipping option...can't say that I'd object.

nathaniel
My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Lebowski?

Friday night I found out that UPS lost a $2500 package of mine. It was supposed to arrive on Thurs, and when it hadn't by Friday I called. They tracked it, said it left the sort center Wed night - and had not been scanned since. Nobody knows where it is. They tell me I have to wait 30 days before I can file an insurance claim.

This is the second package of mine they have lost, and in addition to that, I received one that was mutilated beyond recognition(it WAS a canopy before UPS got ahold of it). When I questioned them about an insurance claim, they said it was tagged in the system as "insufficiently packaged" from the origin point. Why the fuck would they take it then?! It was in a box. A new box. It had padding around the canopy, which was in a bag.

I refuse to use UPS anymore. If I sell something to somebody, and they insist on UPS, they take the risk. I assume no responsibility whatsoever. I will not deal with UPS if something is lost - the person that it's being shipped to will have to deal with it. I'll stick with Fedex.

Mike

The interesting thing is, they (UPS) claim that if the USPS were not supported by the government, they (UPS) would be the dominant ones. I'm not sure what the loss ratios are, comparatively, between the two, but when you hear stories like this it makes you cringe.

Hope you get your stuff soon.

Friend of mine lost his 2kComposit helmet, log books, ff-suit and lit in the mail. Good thing he had it insured
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

Horror stories of UPS, gosh there are alot.
I stopped using UPS after they charged me an extra $175 to get something shipped to me from the states. This was ontop of the shipping already paid, and they never said there would be additional fees.

Now its FexEx if the package is worth more then my car, or Canada Post for everything else.

“- - Sumo is the greatest of sports. It has power, grace, speed and cluture. And most importantly, two fat bastards smacking the shit out of each other. ”

UPS fcked up my order from paragear too!!
i ordered some rigging supplies and when i got the box it had a massive hole that was taped up with the standard ups fuckup tape (i used to work there, so i know what they do)B|

i have to say that paragear was AWESOME about the whole thing, they sent me out the missing items right away and i didnt have to lift a finger other then making the phonecall.

the funny thing is the things that were missing were a 5lb packing weight, and a packing paddle, the guy from paragear asked me to weigh the package, and sure enough it was 11lbs, the label said 16>:(

coming from someone who used to work for that hellhole, dont send any skydiving gear through them
we used to make the walls of boxes on the trucks collapse because it was quicker then getting the stool thing if it was heavy it got slid off the raised metal deck about 6ft onto the floor. the best though was the boxes of washers, imagine a 25lb box of a couple thousand little washers exploding all over a conveyer belt:D:ph34r::D
not to mention the many thefts i wittnessed while i was there [:/]

Oh shit, now I remember, Alti-2 is sent my Neptune back to me via UPS... like a week ago. Aww, I'm sure it will be ok :o

“- - Sumo is the greatest of sports. It has power, grace, speed and cluture. And most importantly, two fat bastards smacking the shit out of each other. ”

They did some research for me, UPS tarcking and what not, and they found out that UPS had sent it to an address of mine from 2+ years ago.

Interesting. UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc. generally deliver it where they're told to send it. did paragear have your old address on file? I'd be willing to bet that's where your issue is...
-----
~~~Michael

I dont like UPS either, and I WORK there. But the issue you have IS with Para Gear. UPS is merely the carrier in this situation. Para Gear had to create the shipping info (thats how it works, ask anyone in a shipping/reciving position). So, if its labled wrong = Para Gear, labled correctly = UPS fault.

I wont use UPS either, unless Im forced.

In regards to package bashing, yea I hear that it happens ( I have in no way ever jumped on, kicked, hit, and/or crushed a package at UPS :)). But here are some points to ensure quality shipping: 1.use a strong box, not some crappy imitation of a box (if its flimsy, it will crush easy) and at no fault of the shipper. 2.Keep it under 50lbs. (heavy packages are tough to deal with and smash body parts, plus see 1. 3. filler, filler, filler. if your item flops around in a box then a. it will crush under a load, and b. is likely to be dropped when a loader tries to pick up and move it b/c of not being ready for the shift inside the box. and finally 4. use FedEx if all of the above fail.:o

But seriously, Im sure that both have their respective issues. Just package it well, and YOU make sure the lable is correct and it will get there.... unharmed. :D:D
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

who are you some kind of UPS PR guru!!! :P

ahhh... always expect the smart ass comment outta the Brits! ;)

and no... I could care less. Just MHO! :P

Guru indeed!
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

No, there's no way that Para Gear had my old address on file. I didn't even start skydiving until 6 months ago, and I haven't lived there for two years. I've NEVER ordered anything from Para Gear before.

But YardHippie, that thought did cross my mind. I verified my address with Para Gear, but it's possible that between me placing the order and the label actually being filled out/placed on my order, that something went awry. Either way, PG is gonna work it out for me. :)
Kelly