AggieDave

Gun Control: Liberals vs. Conservatives vs. Southerners

The difference between Liberals, Conservatives, and Southerners You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and charges.

You are carrying a Glock .40 and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family.

What do you do?

Liberal Answer: Well, that's not enough information to answer the question! Does the man look poor or oppressed? Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack? Could we run away? What does my wife think? What about the kids? Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand? What does the law say about this situation? Does the Glock have an appropriate safety built into it? Why am I carrying a loaded gun and what kind of message does this send to society and my children? Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me? Does he definitely want to kill me or would he just be content to wound me? If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me? This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for a few days to try to come to a conclusion.

Conservative Answer: BANG!

Southerner's Answer: BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click...(sounds of reloading). Wife: "Sweetheart, he looks like he's still moving, what do you kids think?" Son: "Mom's right, Dad. I saw it too..." BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click. Daughter: "Nice group, Daddy!

There ya go, a little humor to the wildly heated pro-gun/anti-gun debates. Enjoy.B|:P:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Yeah, Colts aren't bad, but I'm also a HUGE Glock fan. Maybe its because I've fired over 14,000rds through my Glock 17 and I've only had 1 malfunciton, and that was about 13,000rds ago.

That's fucking reliable. Never mind that they're pretty freak'n accurate. Not as accurate as a Colt Gold Cup or a high end Kimber, but good enough to put 2 in the chest and 1 in the head.

Hmm, Maybe I'm just Loyal to the Browning Design....... I would estamate I've put about 5,000 rounds from my 1911, and probably more than 500 from a BAR (thats probably a little too big to use against a local Criminal, though....)
=========Shaun ==========

Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and charges

Does this happen a lot in America?

I am more worried about people carrying the ability to kill me at a distance than the possibility of meeting a crazed psycho.
Maybe the chances of meeting the psycho is much higher in America than it is in Germany.

It was a joke, get over it.

Honestly a perp with a knife is scarier then a perp with a gun. Know why? Perps don't usually practive shooting, but any moron can cut you.

Nope, I don't reload. I was going to get into it, but I had to back my shooting tempo off, so I don't have a need, since I'm down to shooting only about 200-300rds a month>:(

I was shooting 300-600rds a week, but I knew the guy who ran the range, he let me shoot for free and I also bought ammo off of him real real cheap.

Ah, yes, this one was posted here at least once already. Since I wouldn't want to kill anybody unless I really had no other choice, I answered that I'd blast his knees or aim for the hand holding the knife (expert shot, remember), but it was explained to me that in either case, the bullet would somehow ricochet back and kill my son.:P

It was a joke, get over it.

Honestly a perp with a knife is scarier then a perp with a gun. Know why? Perps don't usually practive shooting, but any moron can cut you.

yeah, but if you know he got a knife - he don't know how to use it - you can take him aggie.

Jump
Scars remind us that the past is real

The 1st rule of knife fighting is you WILL get cut. Your skill and luck will determine how bad you get cut before you kill the other guy. The law is in your favor, so a couple well placed shots would be in your favor as well.

The 1st rule of knife fighting is you WILL get cut. Your skill and luck will determine how bad you get cut before you kill the other guy. The law is in your favor, so a couple well placed shots would be in your favor as well.

Sounds pointless - just end it right then & there with a few (dozen) well placed shots....
=========Shaun ==========

I am more worried about people carrying the ability to kill me at a distance than the possibility of meeting a crazed psycho.
Maybe the chances of meeting the psycho is much higher in America than it is in Germany.

Uh huh. Right.

"The detective investigating the case told the court that he had stumbled upon a vast cannibal scene in Germany involving a number of professionals.

"We are talking about dentists, teachers, cooks, government officials and handymen," federal investigator Wilfried Fehl told the court. "These are people who come from the middle reaches of society."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3444333.stm

I answered that I'd blast his knees

Dude, you in the mafia or something? Kneecapping...WOW! That's horrible.

Sure is, but I'd be stopping the bastard without killing him and doing him a favor, since he'd probably never be able to run at anyone with a knife again and so his chances of being killed someday by a conservative or a southerner would be somewhat diminished...:P

I was wondering why there is no longer, but was, a space in the qual forms for a carrying concealed permit application that showed your score(out of 250). I'm not 100% on this, but I believe it, and it sounds feesible. And this is how F**KING stupid the court system is in this kind of situation.

A law suit was filed on a guy that protected his family in a manner very closely resembling what was described at the beginning of this thread. I'm not sure of the details. Supposedly the guy with the CC permit shot a criminal with a gun that was threatening him, and the perp died. Self defense. Then comes the civil suit. The perps family sues him because he shot a perfect 250 to qualify, as documented on his CC permit. The court found that since he was an expert marksman, he should have only wounded him, and he was forced to pay for wrongful death.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Then he sues you because it's your fault that he has no ability to run. A jury finds your action cruel and inhumane. Your attacker is awarded a 3 bajillion dollar judgement. You lose your house, you move under a bridge downtown, your wife leaves you for someone else along the way, your son becomes a crack addict, your job fires you because you are dirty (from living on the street) you can't pay your attacker the rest of the 3 bajillion dollars you owe him so he can continue to live in your old house while banging your old wife.

Eh, I'd just aim center mass with some Triton .45 and be done with it.

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

Then he sues you because it's your fault that he has no ability to run. A jury finds your action cruel and inhumane. Your attacker is awarded a 3 bajillion dollar judgement. You lose your house, you move under a bridge downtown, your wife leaves you for someone else along the way, your son becomes a crack addict, your job fires you because you are dirty (from living on the street) you can't pay your attacker the rest of the 3 bajillion dollars you owe him so he can continue to live in your old house while banging your old wife.

Hehe...another interesting turn of events. I guess my non-american logic fails here- that disabling an attacker can be worse than killing him simply doesn't compute.;)

I guess my non-american logic fails here- that disabling an attacker can be worse than killing him simply doesn't compute.

That is a bad idea.

First of all, hitting your attacker in the legs is difficult, and increases your odds of being hurt by him, should you fail, which is likely. Shooting things out of people's hands only happens in Hollywood movies.

Second, his lawyer will argue that if didn't feel the necessity to shoot to kill, and had time to try and hit his legs, then you shouldn't have been shooting at him at all. And you're more likely to go to jail for an "unjustifiable" shooting.

The advice is not to shoot until you absolutely have to, when you fear for your life. And then you shoot to stop the attack, by aiming center mass.

As soon as the threat ceases, stop shooting. That includes if the attacker turns and runs away. Then he's no longer a threat to you, so any shooting is unjustified.