AggieDave

DZ.commer Brains kicks ass!

Yes he does.

What did he do?

He popped into SD Aggieland this weekend to hang and jump. We got some cool jumps (including one very fun tandem).

That's not all.

He even brought me a sweet Mig setup that he wasn't using in his shop to borrow for a bit so I could get some projects done I have planned.

If that's not badass, I don't know what is!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Well, firstly I have a decent amount of repairs and such to do to our very cool Columbia Car people mover/cart. Reinforcing the hitch I put on with my gas setup, rebuilding the battery tray (which is severly corroded).

Then I need to finish building the mockup of the Beech 99 for the DZ.

Then I've got a really cool design for a headboard/footboard for my bed to be made out of various tube steel sizes.

Then I've got a RanchHand style front and rear bumper for my truck I want to build.

Then a pull behind grill (a huge grill that's perminately on a trailer/is a trailer...aka a trailergrill).

Beyond that I have some work to do on my constant project...my 1973 SuperBeetle...never mind the 1978 Yamaha DT 400 that I aquired a while back that needs some love and care (and a little welding).

Sounds like a lot of work, eh? I don't care, I love this stuff!!!B|

Oh and be shure to disconect the battery if you weld on the truck. Welding and electrical systems don't go well together.

Where's the fun in that? You don't get to see a battery explode and you save all that time by not having to put all new electronics in your vehicle...

Oh, I can stick weld, sort of...well, the metal sticks together and 9 times out of ten the weld looks good...ok, maybe 7 times out of 10.:P

Columbia Car people mover/cart.

hey i got a harley cart made by them columbia people,,,, wana come over here and buld out rigers on it so drunk skydivers don't turn it to sharply and tip it over (3 wheeled)????

When I was a kid I spent a lot of time welding things to the vice in the shop. Stick welding takes practice to get good. It's one thing I can toot my horn about because not many people can do it any more, and it's all I've ever done.
A neighbor wrecked the computer in there new tractor last spring because he was welding on a bracket for a tool box.

Ah, those look cool, seen pics. This is the one we have: C10E

Dude, out rigers would be easy, even put little rubber tires on them so you could do tricks, ridding on the "training wheels":P

Load it up, bring it down to TX (you need to come visit Aggieland anyways) and it will be done.B|

A neighbor wrecked the computer in there new tractor last spring because he was welding on a bracket for a tool box.

I have a question for ya, then. You figure the electronics (ignition computer, etc) would be fine if the batter was disconnected? I do want to weld some supports on my trucks frame, strengthen up the damage that happened to it last year.

I have a question for ya, then. You figure the electronics (ignition computer, etc) would be fine if the batter was disconnected? I do want to weld some supports on my trucks frame, strengthen up the damage that happened to it last year.

The only problem I can see, is some of the electronics are wired using the frame as ground, and depending on how its all wired together, and the position of the electronics, you could potentially get a spark jumping from somewhere to somewhere else you dont want... I dunno, im tired, maybe im not thinking straight.