dkf1979

OOO, CHECK OUT MY NEW TOY!!!

I was watching the History channel this weekend. They have a show called Tactical to Practical really a neat show.

Anyways they were doing a segment on unmaned air craft and the uses.. They showed the scaled models of F16s actuall jet powered model aircraft. They looked AWESOME!!

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Uh, from what I learned, you don't want to start off with a F-16 Jet powered RC plane. :P Then i'm pretty sure you probably won't even get it OFF the ground in ONE peice. Let alone, back ON the ground in one peice. LoL.
There were cheaper planes to buy then the one I got. I just liked all the stupid rookie gadgets. I've never flown a rc plane before. This one comes with speed brakes, spin control airfoil extensions, and AFS(active flight stabilization). AFS is cool. Kinda like autopilot. I've read the most common errors made by beginners is becoming disorientated. With AFS if you become disorientated, you let off the controls, and it returns the plane to straight and level. SWEET :D.
I was originally going to attemt to teach myself to fly. But now after spending the money, i'd hate to destroy it on my first flight. [:/] Maybe a RC club and an instructor might be a good idea.
Oh, and check this out! ;) http://www.hobby-lobby.com/jumper.htm
http://bodypilot.bounceme.net

... what sort of gross payload weight can that bird handle???? I'm thinking,,, smalll,,, real small video camera :o :ph34r: ;)
For sure... you could get some interesting shots....:P
BUT NOT nearly as NICE,,,, as you could get from a radio controlled.... Helicopter!!!!!B|..
The model aircraft keep getting stronger and the cameras keep gettin lighter......so it's only a matter of time... I have seen such a set-up while watching television. It was being used on an outdoor movie set....very controllable not a real lot of propwash..and in the right hands,,, a great recording device... Can you imagine such a video/helo set up..... Hovering at about 100 feet or so,,off to the side of a landing area , shooting wideangle shots of canopies flying by and landing????? hahahaha..and airplanes taxiing by,,, beneath it... The operator could turn and bank and hover,,, Just switch on the video camera and make sure you have plenty of battery and tape..B|..( I crack myself up....:) )
.... sure.... you're all laughing I bet !!!B|:).... Just remember,,,, when you see it at your local drop zone,,,,, the idea started,,, here....:ph34r: jmy

I fly both R/C airplanes i just got a new Heli for Christmas(yeah, I'm a geek). I stringly suggest you get someone to help you learn how to fly that thing. An experienced pilot can help trim it out so thaty it is much easier for a rookie pilot to actually fly it and have fun. Look out though, it can get expensive and addictive.

Have fun

Look out though, it can get expensive and addictive.

I'm learning that already. I haven't even got my plane in the mail yet, and i've already come up with a list of about $60 in accessories!! Anyone know how to get info on clubs and instructors? How much would instruction cost? Whatever it is, i'm sure it can't be as expensive as buying a new plane.

Check out these RC skydivers. Ram-air chutes, right and left toggle steering, and yes... even FLARED LANDINGS!! :D
http://bodypilot.bounceme.net

Dan,

Here is a list of the chartered clubs in IL:http://www.modelaircraft.org/templates/ama/clb-il.asp?sid=F4F3EF4877EB476C98DC80932DE8928B

It will be a VERY BIG HELP to find an instructor... I have taught several guys to fly and at one time or another, everyone gets a little 'backwards' which can cost $hundreds$...

Go to the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) Website [http://www.modelaircraft.org] and look into getting your membership.. Most clubs will require that for you to fly..

Have Fun with It...

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!

strongly suggest you get an experienced person to do your pre-flight and instruction. Most likely you will crash it when it starts coming toward you. I've seen planes go in for all sorts of reasons. once because the aileron servo-reverse switch somehow managed to get ''switched" - a problem where the natural reaction merely aggrevated the problem and resulted in a total - by a person with years of experience who didn't catch the problem in the pre-flight. Recommend having at least three sets of eyes on the initial pre-flight inspect. Its a lot of money to waste over a dumb error that doesn't get caught.

Everyone I've ever known has provided instruction for free. I'd provide it for free if you were at my field, but you're not. It shouldn't be too hard to find someone to help you. Modellers are always willing to help.

Good luck and have fun!
Gardner

Watch out......I'll have the controls when you're not lookingB|

wow what a suprise, a woman stealing the remote......................:|:D:D:D
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

You should be able to get free instruction, most people are pretty good about that. One of the guys at my DZ has an R/C skydiver like the one shown. I dispatched it from 1000' for him. Their toggle imput is great, and the mini ram air canopies are quite accurate, he ussually lands with 20' of the pin. His swoops are only about 2' long, I guess we will have to work on that.:P