dove

California Dreamin'

Okay - so this whole living in Florida in the winter and up north in the summer thing is getting old. I'm starting to think Cali might be the ideal place to live. Heck, I'd be there already if the cost of living wasn't so high.:S But I've got some questions for you California folks. Like can you jump all week long during the summer months or does it get horribly slow (like Florida where the DZs shut down for 2 days a week)? Are there more affordable places to live or is it pretty much obscenely expensive everywhere? Is car insurance there outrageous? And finally.....

Anyone looking for a roommate this summer? I'm very well behaved and extremely neat.:)

Edited to clarify I'm thinking of southern California.

Fall in dove.

????WHY?????
leave FLA?????
A House like mine, 3/2.5/1 1/2 acre in FLA$89,000, here in PA is $140,000,and in Orange county Calif.=$390,000 with no more than 30'X15' of grass/yard.

Why leave Florida? Because it is DEAD in the summer. Not just in skydiving but everywhere. Like a ghost town. I wanna be able to jump hard year round and somewhere that they jump on the weekdays all year long since my job often requires me to travel on the weekends. [:/]

Fall in dove.

I would say talk to LadySkydiver.

Maybe if you get a roomie it might be do-able but the COL out there is stupid crazy insane.

Smog, Earthquakes, and tooooo many people in general.

I dunno, I believe it is a nice place to visit but not live on a regular basis.

Laters,

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

Hey Clay, have you had the chance to check out Put-in Bay during the Summer?

Yeah yeah yeah......everyone goes off about Put-in-Bay. I say....if it's a warm, sunny, summer weekend in Ohio.......why the hell would I be doing anything besides skydiving? It's not like we have an excess of those here?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? >:(

ohh..ooohhh...can I move in too?

LMAO!!! Sure...the more the merrier...J/K! :P

Skysprite ~ Hey Tif! Maybe you, me and Dove can rent a house together for the summer (but, please, not in Burbank). B|

Jumpnkramer ~ LadySkydiver was in So. Cal for only about a month. [:/] I mean no offense to those whom live in Burbank, but Burbank is not someplace that I'd personally want to live either. Southern California can be a gorgeous, fun place to live if you can afford it, especially if you live by the beach on the westside, while Florida is much more economical. I have nothing against Florida, myself, but the quality of life in Southern California is why I enjoy living here. :)

I mean no offense to those whom live in Burbank, but Burbank is not someplace that I'd personally want to live either.

Um, I live here. It's a wonderful community. To each their own, however.:)
Ciels-
Michele

(edited because I forgot the smiley face.)

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Um, I live here. It's a wonderful community. To each their own, however.:)
Ciels-
Michele

(edited because I forgot the smiley face.)

I know that you do, Michele, and it is next to the studios and all. It can be lovely and quiet, and if YOU live there, then it must be a pretty damn great place. Although I currently live downtown in a skyrise right now, I would actually prefer to live by the beach like I used to. I have been contemplating moving back to the westside, lately, too. If Dove came along as my roomie, then it may work out. :)
Edited: Skysprite ~ Let's talk soon. Maybe you can come out with Elisa and myself for dinner on Friday, perhaps. I will PM you. :)

I may be moving here soon as well. How is the jumping and season in the summer? Are there still 30 loads going up a day even on the weekdays?

I just got my "A" license last summer, but, from what I remember, Perris is the best place to go for weekday jumping. My DZ preference is Elsinore, though. :)
Dove ~ Yes, let's try to share a nice place for the summer...maybe even with Tiffany (Skysprite) in order to have extra jump $$$!!! B| I don't plan to be home too many weekends, anyway. I am spending WAY too much in rent as it is...it's a fucking, crying shame...

Dove, don't leave Florida!

Hey! YOU left!:P

I'm still just dreaming about it now. I will have a better feeling for it once I jump there. I love Florida in the winter. Nice and warm and pretty. And all the jumping I could want! But not in the summer. [:/] I need somewhere I can jump on weekdays all year long. And I'm not talking about going up and doing a solo whenever a student happens along. I mean jumping with other freefliers every day!

Fall in dove.

Dove ~ Yes, let's try to share a nice place for the summer...maybe even with Tiffany (Skysprite) in order to have extra jump $$$!!!

Sounds terrific! The more cool skydiving chicks the better! not only will we save in rent, but we can carpool to the dz! OMG! I wish my lease was up sooner! I am stuck here until April!:S

Come on Tiffany! GET that internship, girl!B|

Fall in dove.