somethinelse

DZ grudges

Hi! IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME!...
Couldn't pick up with my training last year dues to not enough money... AND-...I am now feeling reluctant due to bad experience with my first DZ that was training me...
They'd dissed me later when I tried to get more info. & mentioned that DZ here...
ANYWAYS!
...I'm anxious to get back to where I want to be and what I want to be doing AGAIN.
But I am really worried about finding a good place where I will feel that they are being really thorough with me, not short=cutting to move me a long too fast to get to get to their next jump...where I know that I matter not only as a paying student but also as a person.
P.S. As a MOM at times I'll need/want to bring my family/friends & want them to be WELCOME too!

ANYBODY GOT ENCOURAGEMENT & INPUT FOR ME????

Where are you located and what level of training do you need?
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

According to your profile, your in Michigan, so I'm afraid I can't help you, if you were in Georgia, I could tell you a great DZ to go to. Anyway, welcome back.
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

Hey, Lila. I am also in MI, Detroit area. I am taking the AFP course at Skydive Chicago this Spring/Summer. It's about a 7 hour drive, but well worth the trip. Check them out at skydivechicago.com:)

billy d------------------------- "Escape may be checked by water and land, but the air and the sky are free." (from the story of Daedalus and Icarus)

Well, I could help you but being that I'm in Baltmore and your in the frozen tundra of Minn., it would be a bitch of a commute. Sorry.:(
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

I'm not sure where you are located exactly but you could try Skydive Tecumseh or Napoleon Skydiving Center. Tecumseh is my home DZ but I love the people at either dropzone and they both do AFF. The Instructors at both DZ's are fantastic and are really skilled. Tecumseh has a Super Fast Otter and Napoleon has a really nice Caravan. I think they are both great places to jump! We start up April 1, hope to see you out there! B|

~La La Gang Member #2~

Ive known people whio had hundreds and even thousands of jumps who thought that made them a better person than someone who was just starting. It AINT SO.

There are many dropzones around your state and others that you can go to.

E Mail some of them and ask.

Explain your situation and I'm sure you'll find one

By the way, I like your profile...God Bless you.

Bill Cole D-41

Thanx Chrissy-

I've heard positive things A LOT about both places, too...
UMMM... only jumped outa 182s so far...Is it less nerve :Swracking getting to altitude faster and jumping out faster (fun??) and with more people outa those bigger planes???
That would be a new experience as well!

Please, DO tell...

Tecumseh is my home DZ but I love the people at either dropzone and they both do AFF.

I've never been to Tecumseh but I've met a lot of people from there who visit Florida. If the people I've met are any indication, it's a fantastic dropzone.

Hey Lila,

I jump at Tecumseh too. It's a really great dz with great people. And like Chrissy said... so is Napoleon. I think we have a great AFF program, so you shouldn't be shy about coming out and checking it out. And don't worry about jumping out of bigger planes... it's MORE fun! Quicker ride up... and an easier door to exit from. But just so you know, we have a couple of C182s as well. :)
Hope to see you around this season... it's gonna be a GREAT season! :P PM me if you want more info.

-Liz

Thanx Chrissy-

I've heard positive things A LOT about both places, too...
UMMM... only jumped outa 182s so far...Is it less nerve :Swracking getting to altitude faster and jumping out faster (fun??) and with more people outa those bigger planes???
That would be a new experience as well!

Please, DO tell...

ONE of the great things about Tecumseh is our huge landing area with a lot of outs. The Otter holds about 23 people so although you would be riding up in a plane with more people that is about the only time you would have to deal with them. As a student you get out last and pull higher. We have a separate landing area for students so during your landing pattern under canopy you don't come anywhere near the other people on the load.
I love our Otter because I feel really safe in it, it doesn't take the whole runway to get off the ground, it has a lot of power. Although you have started your training in a 182, I can guarantee that you will love turbine aircraft!! B|

~La La Gang Member #2~