Tinkerbelle

Catching cold sores from kissing on the DZ

I don't think it's that big of a deal, they aren't life threatening. Besides, you've got bigger problems to deal with when the door opens.

Gotta agree with Scott. . .there are bigger problems to worry about. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

But colds go away in a week or two, cold sores scar you for life and would make me afraid to kiss people and go out in public if I ever got one. Sorry, just one of my pet peives, and was wondering how others felt.
I used to kiss people hello, but one too many times I did and later saw remanance of sores only to have the person tell me, well Hell, it's almost gone! Now a days I always turn my cheek and insist my SO do as well! :)

I think that so many have cold sores that its pointless to try to stop em. besides, its not particularly life-threatening or even annoying. well, ok they get annoying if they are on the inside of your cheek and you accidently keep biting them.[:/]

MB 3528, RB 1182

Neither are genital herpes or most communicable diseases life threatening for that matter, but I still wouldn't want any, and would be pretty pissed if someone gave it to me, especially if they didn't tell me ahead of time and let me make my own decision as to accepting the risk, just like with the HIV/tandem question!

i double dare you, no returnsies, to start or participate in a thread without mentioning, kissing, sex or relationships. :P

Do you avoid everyone in life in case they have something? Why is it DZ specific?
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

something like 80% of the adult population

Depends on who you believe, but the rates are high. From http://www.dentistry.leeds.ac.uk/oralpath/viruses/viral%20infections/HSV.htm <-warning very graphic site, and NSFW

The prevalence of HSV1 infections, as assessed by seroconversion, are high (>90%).
In developed countries, HSV1 infection rates are highest in the lower socioeconomic classes.
HSV1 infection tends to occur earlier in life in developing countries compared to developed countries.
By contrast, the prevalence of HSV2 infection is lower (<10%) than HSV1 infections.
Most HSV2 infection occurs as adults become sexually active.

Both are common, neither is life-threatening, one is more socially acceptable.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Never got one, and if I ever do I will have to kill the last person I kisses, think they take 7-10 days to show up. I am very cautious and always ask people before I let them kiss me if they ever got any. It's the same as if they were on the lower half, in fact I've heard they are easily transmittable from the one place to the other through oral sex! Once you have them on your lips, it's that much easier to cross-contaminate yourself and get them down below through someone you kiss! AAAKKK!

Cold sores are nasty.....I know a few people who have them and it is gross, looks painful and a pain in the ass.

Where were you kissin' em!?!:P

Rainbo
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

and I am surprised by how many people do not care.........yea, it will not kill you but damn, it is a virus and you are infected! even warts(not just genital) are nasty and you can get that just simply walking around anywhere barefoot.:|

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

Thanks, finally a voice of reason!
I wanted to say that same thing, but was afraid of the forum wrath!
Just so everyone knows... it is not polite to kiss people on the lips if you have that virus, showing or not, unless the person you are kissing is aware of what you are exposing them to, just like any other communicable/venerial disease, and yes, cold sores are a venereal disease! :P