Tinkerbelle

Catching cold sores from kissing on the DZ

The funny thing is... You can have it and not get breakouts. Thats why I asked, because you can still carry it without showing signs of it.

You may possibly have it, not get any breakouts and pass it on to someone who will have breakouts, atleast that is what I know. That is why they are so common.

I have also heard that people with coldsores or herpes 1 or whatever it is, are actually more immune to getting genital herpes than someone without it.

If someone knows anything differen't let me know.

Peace

Sean
Sean In Thailand

If someone was having a breakout, then I would be truly disgusted if the person went around trying to kiss others and spread it around. Personally, I NEVER kiss anyone on the lips, except the man that I love. I expect the man that I am with to be the same way. Kissing a man on the lips is romantic to me, so I don't kiss anyone on the lips when I am single, either. I am newly single, but my physical affection shown towards those on a DZ will not change much.

My close friends, male and female, always give me huge hugs and warm kisses, but never on the lips. I present my cheek to them, and I always hug and kiss them on the cheek in return. I think that it is very, very sweet when a friend shows such warm, loving affection to me. I love getting and receiving physical affection.

If I were to encounter a male friend who's girlfriend didn't want for me to be kissed or to kiss them back (once again, only on the cheek), then I would NOT exchange kisses with that friend. I respect women fully and wouldn't want to upset their relationship with their boyfriend. However, not everyone is super sensitive to other's feelings, and that's ok, too. Close friends showing affection towards one another is nothing to worry about if you trust your significant other. :)
Don't worry so much about the little things, and you will be a much happier person. Take care! :)

It's the same as if they were on the lower half, in fact I've heard they are easily transmittable from the one place to the other through oral sex! Once you have them on your lips, it's that much easier to cross-contaminate yourself and get them down below through someone you kiss! AAAKKK!

no, cold sores are not the same as genital herpes... cold sores are a form of herpes, but it is a different virus than the one that causes genital herpes. but people with genital herpes can give someone oral herpes, but I don't think it works the other way

MB 3528, RB 1182

Believe me I have researched this thoroughly, and I have discovered that indeed it is the exact same thing, they just give it a different name to specify the location! And so yes, the two are quite easily cross-transmitted!
Germaphobia knows her germa phobes!
And that's not a derrogatory thing, no need to slaughter my character as so many seem to like to, it's just a personal preferance, like any other. :$:)

But colds go away in a week or two, cold sores scar you for life and would make me afraid to kiss people and go out in public if I ever got one. Sorry, just one of my pet peives, and was wondering how others felt.
I used to kiss people hello, but one too many times I did and later saw remanance of sores only to have the person tell me, well Hell, it's almost gone! Now a days I always turn my cheek and insist my SO do as well! :)

I've always been concerned about making sure to not get them -- I've never had one yet and so I believe I am negative for the virus.

I have read plenty about the I and II viruses. About 50% (not 80%) is said to have the simplex I virus (cold sores). But here's the kicker: you can get simplex II orally, or you can get simplex I genitally! That means that the cold sore you see on someone might well have been acquired by nuzzlin' the bunny.

Also, according to what I have read, the reason that tests for the herpes viruses are so unreliable is that by the time a sore is taken to the doctor and a culture is done from it, the virus is mostly gone from that site! So you end up with tests giving false negatives. What I took from that is that a sore that's scabbed and healing is probably not contagious for the virus anymore. It's when the person's lip is tingly and hurting just before or as a breakout is happening that they are contagious. And yes, people can transmit the virus from unblemished skin.

It's a bummer that something as wonderful as love, sex and kissing can be the vectors for such awfulness as STDs. Sometimes I think that everyone on earth should go out and get infected so that no one will have to worry anymore about getting infected. It'd just be something everyone already had! We should just get it over with, like the first ding in the door of your brand new car. Once it happens, you forget being on-edge about it.

Imagine how great the world would be if ALL love-and-sex-related stuff was totally risk-free and regret-free!!! *sigh*
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

and I am surprised by how many people do not care.........yea, it will not kill you but damn, it is a virus and you are infected! even warts(not just genital) are nasty and you can get that just simply walking around anywhere barefoot.:|

True enough what you said about not wanting a virus, but I have to dispute the last part.

Going barefoot is actually very healthy and does not expose you to some inordinate risk of disease -- not even tetanus, ringworm, hookworm -- all of which are not very prevalent in an industrial society. (You could get them walking around in cowshit, perhaps, but not on the grounds of your average park, let's say.)

Yes, warts are caused by viruses, but no, they are not easily acquired "simply walking around anywhere barefoot." In fact, people who go barefoot on a regular basis, and who rarely wear enclosed shoes, rarely pick up that kind of thing, and they pretty much never get athlete's foot. These things (athlete's foot in particular) thrive best inside the moist, dark environment of a shoe. How many times do you clean out the inside of your shoes? I mean disinfect them? There's the source of many people's foot problems. Stinky feet? That's not caused by the feet themselves! It's caused by keeping the feet inside those coffins that confine them in their own sweat along with microbes that just love to feed off moisture, darkness and dead skin cells! Bare feet don't take on the "feet smell." Feet that come out of shoes are the ones that have it!

I got barefoot just about every moment of every day except for work -- and even then I wear simple flipflops. I go barefoot all around town, at home, and at the DZ. Although I usually avoid doing so, you can generally even go into bathrooms barefoot without catching anything. Air kills a lot of stuff, and urine is sterile (so splashes on the floor are just so much salt-water, really), and people rarely splatter poop on the floor. Needless to say, I still avoid barefooting in public bathrooms, but that's just an icky-factor thing, not a health thing.

Warts need an enclosed and damp and dark environment similar to athlete's foot to thrive. I joined a "club" called the Society for Barefoot Living, whose website has lots of links to info about how healthy it is to keep your feet free of stinky ol' shoes, not to mention commentary on how pleasurable it is to sense the world you're walking on with your feet. For me, putting on shoes (which I used to do unthinkingly until I moved to Florida and became a "barefooter") is like what you'd think about putting winter gloves on and then going about your day. Your hands would feel "blind." That's how my feet feel in shoes. Once you learn to enjoy being barefoot, it's really hard to be any other way. I drive, fly and skydive barefoot. I get improved "touch" as a result.

Check out this site. The author of this book, a personal friend, has posted the entire contents of it online. It's a great read. The Barefoot Hiker

Free your feet, and your mind will follow!
-
-Jeffrey

It's the same as if they were on the lower half, in fact I've heard they are easily transmittable from the one place to the other through oral sex! Once you have them on your lips, it's that much easier to cross-contaminate yourself and get them down below through someone you kiss! AAAKKK!

no, cold sores are not the same as genital herpes... cold sores are a form of herpes, but it is a different virus than the one that causes genital herpes. but people with genital herpes can give someone oral herpes, but I don't think it works the other way

You are mistaken. An oral herpes infection (I) can be transmitted and become a genital herpes infection (still type I but located down there). Likewise, a type II genital infecion can be given to the mouth and from there, of course, the person can give mouth-to-mouth type II infection. This is stuff I read when I was researching risk factors for herpes on various online medical sources. Lucky for me, I don't have either infection, but I wanted to find out how I could be relatively sure.

Fact is, it's really hard to be sure. It's easy to be infected and have such mild and/or rare outbreaks that you don't even know it. :(
-Jeffrey

Say, you seem so sweet! Is there any way you can attach a picture so we can see your face better! I want to look that sweetness in the eye and see the beauty of your soul shine through. People like you are so rare, especially in a man's body!;)

It's sweet of you to say I'm sweet. :$ I'm flattered. Thank you.

Let me see what I can do about a closer face pic. I'm one of those people who rarely likes pictures of himself, so I don't have a lot of ones I think are so "presentable" to the world. I'll go check my hard drive for stragglers. :P

Edited: I've attached a pic -- not much closer on the face, but better-lit. Hope I look as sweet as you believe me to be. :P It was a good day -- Skydive SoBe's first boogie!
-Jeffrey

I concur with the shoe thing. I wear clogs myself. My feet get scared and feel closterphobic when trapped inside shoes all laced up!
I go one step further too, as usual, even my legs get closterphobic in pants, never wear them, don't even own a pair except 2 pairs of sweat pants, both on long term loan. I only ever wear skirts, preferably wraps, just a piece of material clasped with a hair tie. That way my legs can breathe.
And no bras or panites, too constrictive- don't own any, well maybe 2 pairs of the p word
Usually only wear leotards, or nothing.

Are you sure things would not be simpler for you if you if you just went out and became a nudist? :P

Sounds like you have a clothing-aversion in general! I like being naked too. It feels free and comfortable. I even had a dream one time in which there had been a court precedent set that said people could not be prosecuted for going out totally naked in public -- so I DID IT. In the dream, I went out to a movie stark naked. I got lots of stares, but I just did the "hold your head up high" thing and asserted my right to be naturally "sky-clad," as they say. (Isn't that a cool term for naked?!) :)
Did ya see my pic? Attached to my last post via edit.
-Jeffrey

Oh yes, nice picture. Do you have longer hair in one? I am jealous of your being in SOBE, my first love is down there driving a dive boat in Key West. We used to teach SCUBA toegether and spearfish. He wanted to go sail around the World together, but I wanted to go to Med School. He followed our dream and is doing what I would love to be doing now. Wish I had gone with him or went back to him earlier, by now he is married with 2 kids, else I would be in Key West working for the preservation of the coral reefs, one of my big hobbies and passions! I don't like being where you have to wear clothes.
But neither would I ever go naked although I have been to Naturalist resorts before and do it in my own home. One of my aversions to pants as well as their constricting is that they allow bad guys to see the outline of your figure, including your crotch, which just gives them bad ideas and could get you into trouble if they decided to follow through on making their fantasy a readlity!

He's not actually in South Beach - the dropzone is on Lake Okeechobee in Pahokee - very different than South Beach.

Quit worrying so much. If you're so scared of being infected lock yourself in your bubble suit and spray disinfectant at anyone who comes near you.

Most people are infected as children actually - when everyone thinks they have to kiss and touch them. It is passed more easily by hand than by mouth. Don't worry about kissing someone with one their face - worry about shaking their hand. If they touch the open sore and don't wash their hand - there you go.

There are many differnt types of infection although it is all lumped into the same catagory. I have had a cold sore - it was from being exposed to shingles (my father had it) - which is adult chicken pox. Chicken pox is a herpes virus - hate to tell you - so you can stop with veneral disease psychobabble.

I've only gotten a cold sore a few times when I've already been sick and my immune system is low. I wouldn't even think to kiss anyone while I had one and I take great care to constantly wash my hands since you are far more likely to cross infect yourself. (You have to wash your hands before you go to the bathroom if you have one - if you want to play it safe.)

You keep harping about everyone being mean to you, yet since I have had a cold sore through no fault of my own, have always been careful to be safe when I have had one - I find your posts offensive. In biblical days you'd be the one stoning the lepers if they came near your town.

And since when does anyone know everything about skydiving? Those are the people who scare me - when you think you have nothing to learn from anyone - you've stopped growing.

Hey, no fair, you haven't read all my posts! Plus I already know everything there is to know about skydiving- don't need any advice from you clowns-don't know much about relationships though, am new to the game and am trying to learn!
Just kidding! ;)

Thats a bit worrying. [:/]
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

One of my aversions to pants as well as their constricting is that they allow bad guys to see the outline of your figure, including your crotch, which just gives them bad ideas and could get you into trouble if they decided to follow through on making their fantasy a readlity! "

come on..why do you assume that they are fantasizing about your crotch? If you use that logic you might as well lock yourself up in the house and never go out.

I'm starting to think that she just has a really crazy sense of humor. That she is a master troll - not just a little trolling - but that she is just here to stir the pot. Another one with very little info in the bio - could just be a fake identity.

It's something Zeemax would do.:P You know we love you Zee - even when you have big oozing, pussy coldsores crawling all over your face.;)B|B|

Hey! i have lots of info in my bio! i dont troll... and i dont have cold sores!!

i have COOTIES! when will you learn?!? :P

oh wait, was this about a crazy sense of humour?
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies