chris_jones1

SkyDive Atlanta

Hello Skydivers,

I really dislike doing something like this but I have to warn other people. My cousin is a certified jumper with a few hundred jumps under her belt. She came down to Atlanta to take me skydiving and we went to SkyDive Atlanta. We all paid for our jumps but couldn't jump that day because of weather which is understandable. However they would not refund our purchase that we paid and never received. I explained that we were only doing it because we were going with my cousin that lives in Ohio and she was leaving the next day so we wern't going to come back and jump again.

Basically after talking to them for a hour they said we don't care we have your money and you can't get it back even if you dispute it on your credit cards we have ways around that. Somehow I guess they do because we couldn't dispute the charge.

So they gave us rainchecks that expired in 60 days which I wasn't in Atlanta to use and now I wish I could use them but they are expired.

Just a warning don't pay until you KNOW your going to jump. I got ripped off for around 1000 dollars for three of us jumping that never jumped before.

Admin: If this post isn't in the correct section I apologize, just trying to get it to the people. If you would please move it to the correct place I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Chris

Was this at Skydive Atlanta or Atlanta Skydiving Center?

I can't believe Trey at SDA would'nt help you out. Its a big family over there from my experience and he makes sure everyone was happy. He let me jump all day with no money on account and no gaurentee I was'nt going to skip out with out paying my bill to show you how nice they are...

BTW, where in Ohio does your cousin live? I might have jumped with her at some point. :)
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I agree with PhreeZone-- I jump there regularly, and on a couple of occasions, they have refunded my money. I have also received a couple of rainchecks, though, but that was no big deal for me, living right here in Atlanta.

Trey (the DZO) is a great guy-- if you were at SDA, did you speak with him?

Kelly

I'll talk to Soozie this weekend. I was on a lot of her starting skydives this last summer. Shes a lot of fun to jump with. I think shes only got about 150-200 jumps now, shes catching up to me fast though :)Soozie

Where did you go? Cedarville or Thomaston? What side of Atlanta?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

That sounds exactly like asc.
B|

Hmm, they've never been anything but great to me. And I've never seen a red-headed ponty-tailed dude there either. So I think it sounds nothing like ASC.

Never go to a DZ strip show.

The gentleman I spoke with has a long red hair pony tail. I cannot recall his name off the top of my head.

I know exactly who you're talking about . . . and he was probably not the right person to deal with in this situation. Not that you could have possibly known that. [:/]

Sorry you had a shitty experience at my home DZ. :(

Kelly

That sounds exactly like asc.
B|

Hmm, they've never been anything but great to me. And I've never seen a red-headed ponty-tailed dude there either. So I think it sounds nothing like ASC.

You obviously have never asked for a refund - you won't get it.

Edit: I think there must be more to this story than we are being told, like maybe the reason they didn't jump was not "completely" out of their control. Don't know though.

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

A Couple of things do not sound right here..

1. You are just now bringing this up AFTER the 60 day rain check has expired.

2. You mention $1000 for three Jumps? Was this an AFF first Jump course? Did you get the training and then not get to jump? That would explain the DZ not wanting to refund your money. They have already provided 6 to 8 hours of training. It would also explain the 60 day Expiration as you would have to be retrained agian.

3. You can ALWAYS dispute a charge on your credit card. You may not win the dispute, but you can always try. Unless you waited untill after 30 days after the charge to contact the credit card company.

Nothing personal here, But try to look at this from both sides. They provided the training (My DZ charges a Flat $100 for the First Jump Course and then you pay for the actual Skydive) and should be paid for that. Now if you cant jump for some reason after that, Then I agree that they should give you a partial refund but you must pay for the training.

Uh, yeah, you're right, I've never had to ask for a refund, but this person's talking about what happened at one DZ, he's sure he's got the right place, and you're badmouthing another DZ... just not very appropriate if you ask me.

Never go to a DZ strip show.

Thantos340 let me answer your questions.

1) Yes, I am bringing it up after that because it took my credit card company 4 months to deny the chargeback.

2) Three tandum jumpers (so no training) that never jumped before and videos. Each one was $256.20 so that is $768.60.

3) I did dispute it they just denied it.

Chris