Vallerina

I can't believe I did THAT for money....

For those of you who don't know the story, you can check out this thread here about two great people with dreams of owning a dropzone where everyone learns and has fun have recently had a hurdle of a fire destroying all of the dropzone's gear.

This past Saturday, wildblue and I joined many skydivers from all over the Midwest in order to help Paula and Bo raise money so that they can keep one of the friendliest dropzones going. The evening started out with some very strong drinks and a catered dinner.

Following dinner, Ward, slightly intoxicated, started up the auction. He had his insanely hot girlfriend (sorry, I forgot to get pics of her...someone here has got to have 'em!) work the crowd by showing off the cool goods. Jordan won 50% off a Wings. Denise outbid her husband to win a mirror. I won the cool St. Patrick's Day crown you've seen in some of these pics (don't be jealous). Wildblue won some Tanqueray in a raffle (he's very happy.) Oh...he also won me for $80 after he pushed over a little old lady and stole her money.

I won the best prize of all, though (well, next to the naked pictures of Paula and Denise). I won Bo!!! And, just in case he tries any shady business, I have a contract saying that he's mine for anything goes for one night! I'm not sure what to do with him for a night....much thinking needs to be done.

After the auction we all partied like rock stars!!! (Dz.commers: Kramer, WendyBird, me, Justabill) I finally got to meet the three of them and hang out with eeneR some more!

All I know is that WendyBird and eeneR are TROUBLE! I should not have hung out with these girls so much. They really lowered my angel rating!

We also made good use of the dz.com drunk dial list.

At some point during the night, I discovered that my camera was missing. It looks as though wildblue stole my camera and took some very sexy pictures of the very beautiful WendyBird! Oh...that's just the tip of the iceburg of what all he got! You gotta donate some cash to see the rest, though! :o I got some great pics of their outfit changes, but I'll let them post those! Just wait 'til you see the itsy bitsy bikini tops they wore! HOT!

Thanks to everyone who helped keep this cool dz open by sending money and gear. I know Bo and Paula really appreciate it, but the rest of the skydivers that have been lucky enough to meet, jump and hang out with them are even more grateful that we will still have a place to go to see what makes skydiving so great. The generosity and warmth that Bo and Paula have given so many people over the years is why so many of us will do anything to help them back in return.

Thanks to everyone who showed up to the auction as well. If you did show up, you'll understand the closing of my post: Man! That was f***ing great! I need some sleep!

***If you still want to help***, you can send money through PayPal (their PayPal acct is [email protected]) or pm me if you have gear that you wish to donate. Thanks! :)
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Oh God that was a fun time.

You were so drunk Val. :DB|

I remember like four times throughout the night, you would just walk up to me, and stare at me for a second, and then just start laughing and say "I'm so drunk". :D

Great post...thanks for the pics! They raised so much damn money last night.

Cory

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

It was great meeting you, Cory!!! Have fun getting your license in Florida soonish! I hope to see you sometime this season!

I remember like four times throughout the night, you would just walk up to me, and stare at me for a second, and then just start laughing and say "I'm so drunk".

Haha! You've never experienced my "Enlightened Val" drunken state, I see! When I get drunk and silly, I tend to think I found the meaning of life. I go to share the meaning of life with others, but sometimes I forget what it is, I laugh a lot, and then I go back to drinking! :D

I tried to warn you about Wendybird in an earlier thread. And for her to team up with Eener, OMG. Why don't people ever listen to me?;) How many outfits did she bring for the evening anyway?

Sorry I could not make it out, but I just could not handle the 3 hour drive right now.

Rainbo
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

I tried to warn you about Wendybird in an earlier thread. And for her to team up with Eener, OMG. Why don't people ever listen to me?;)

You were right! You tried to warn me, but I just didn't listen!!!! It's kinda like heroin....sure, you've been warned, but you couldn't help yourself, and now you need more! I can't wait to hang out with them again!

How many outfits did she bring for the evening anyway?

I think I have pictures of 8 or 9...but I think there were more.

Sorry I could not make it out, but I just could not handle the 3 hour drive right now.

I understand! Just come out and make some jumps sometime this season! :)

Man what a great time. It was so much fun meeting so many great people. And then my wife was informing me of stuff she swears I was doing. It couldn't have been me, had to be my evil twin :)

I can't wait til the weather breaks and I can get licensed and make some jumps with them, what an awesome group of people. And Ward, you may have missed your calling...that was the most entertaining auction I've ever been to.
------------------------------------------------
I've done so much, with so little, for so long
I'm now expected to do everything with nothing forever

It was great meeting you, Cory!!!

Right back at ya.

(Close your eyes wildblue :P). You, Val, are a knockout. Had me laughin my ass off most of the night too. :D

Wildblue, I didn't realize you had so many damn posts. Didn't know I was in the presence of Carpal Tunnel last night. ;)

Wendy, Renee...I envy you guys. I wish I had half the energy and drive that you guys do in the stuff I do. B| I also wish I had half the amount of clothes that you guys do. ;)

JustABill, we'll see ya out there in July man. Have fun with the AFF in Chicago.

Hope all you guys can come up to ISA sometime this summer!

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

They're a little sensitive about fire right now....

Um, Val? You have that there for the reason I think you do? Open mouth, insert foot!
Hey Bo and Paula! Let me tell you about this really cool pyrotechnic stuff I do! Really! You gotta hear about this:S

Wow. What a great time last night! I *really* needed that! As for the rest of the pics ... I still need the one of me and so I can start collecting the blackmail money for Bo and Paula's DZ! What a stellar idea that was!

You know, Val, we really don't live that far from each other. I'm thinking you, me and eeneR should get together more often and get naked in kitchens. Thank god there's no photo proof of THAT here (yet)!

I'm working on resizing some pics from last night. You can bet I'll be back sooner or later ... and folks, don't forget that it's never too late to help out Bo and Paula. Their dream literally went up in smoke, and it only takes a little from a lot of folks to help them get it back.

Val -- did you sneak into the hot tub last night or what? Got pics of THAT?:D
Wendy
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used u

I tried to warn you about Wendybird in an earlier thread. And for her to team up with Eener, OMG. Why don't people ever listen to me?;) How many outfits did she bring for the evening anyway?

Rainbo

I changed 13 times last night, though I brought much more than that. I would have changed more, but I couldn't get anyone to volunteer to be my personal changing assistant;)

I just don't get why you warn people about me. I'm so quiet, shy and demure -- no one even knew I was there. Pretty much a wallflower. Yup, that's me. Wallflower, alrighty.

Hey -- how's your butt?! (seriously)
Wendy
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used u

My "hip" is feeling a little better today. Hoping this stuff works so I do not have to go to the level.:|

From the sounds of it, it is good a good thing that you now drive a soccer van. That kind of wardrobe takes up a lot of room when you are travelling.:) Ooopps, did I say soccer van, I meant small full size van, by the way I hear there is a soccer decal on it somewhere now.:P
Rainbo
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

SCALED-DOWN VERSION OF A FULL-SIZED VAN.
Dork!
He who puts a soccer sticker on it loses parts of his anotomy that makes life worth living. Besides, Rachael gave up soccer to devote all her time to drums, so I'm technically not a soccer Mom any more. :P
Wendy

My,my, are we a little touchy about how the ride is described.;)

Dork kind of sounds like a personal attack to me.:P

You have to be nice to me, remember I'm turning into an ole cripple, next thing you know I will need help getting my diaper changed, any takers.:D
Rainbo

I won the best prize of all, though (well, next to the naked pictures of Paula and Denise). I won Bo!!! And, just in case he tries any shady business, I have a contract saying that he's mine for anything goes for one night! I'm not sure what to do with him for a night....much thinking needs to be done.

Have him make you dinner, wash the dishes by hand then clean the toilet. Of course after he washes your car;)
Bottomless Beers and Blue Skies!

* Brother_Brian *
D.S.W.F.S.B. #2

Dude...it's so late! And Wendy's changing my diaper for me so

And my damn camera is busted....:S
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Dude, that's just so wrong!!!:o

Dude...it's so late! And Wendy's changing my diaper for me so :P

Anyone got any sanitizing hand stuff? Some baby oil would be nice too ...B|
Wendy

And Ward, you may have missed your calling...that was the most entertaining auction I've ever been to.

:D Yeah, he even almost convinced me to buy Jimi Hendricks's guitar!

You, Val, are a knockout. Had me laughin my ass off most of the night too.

:o:$ Thank you! (close your eyes wildblue :P) You're not so bad yourself! ;)

Hope all you guys can come up to ISA sometime this summer!

Heck yeah! I have way too much fun there to completely miss out on another season!

You know, Val, we really don't live that far from each other. I'm thinking you, me and eeneR should get together more often and get naked in kitchens.

I was thinkin' the same thing! We should do a girls' night out!!! You two are WAY too much fun!

Val -- did you sneak into the hot tub last night or what? Got pics of THAT?

Haha! Yes, we did sneak in! We didn't get any pictures, but we did get a few odd looks from people!

Thanks for the ride, Wendy! You rock! I enjoyed your scaled down version of a full sized van! Sorry we missed breakfast with you guys, be we were just a tad hungover. I didn't know they spiked the orange juice!

Have him make you dinner, wash the dishes by hand then clean the toilet. Of course after he washes your car

Good one! I'm thinking personal packer for a day at Rantoul might work, though....

From the sounds of it, it is good a good thing that you now drive a soccer van. :P

Actually,

After reading this, i would suggest that Wendy is probably the quintessential definition of the ANTI-SOCCER MOM (even if she does drive the "SCALED-DOWN VERSION OF A FULL-SIZED VAN") :P

I think there may be an opportunity for a bumper sticker there for someone that is so motivated (something like "the next person that calls me a soccer mom gets shoved out of the plane by me !")

Seriously, Great work everyone that participated. I've never met Bo & Paula, but by listening to the stories of the people that jumped and were trained there, it sounds a lot like the DZ that I'm training at. I tried to imagine what it would be like if this happened there. :(

Again, Good Work and glad you had some fun.
Lou

Hey Rainbo - don't forget that there is the ability to make decals the size of the van out at the dz! I wonder what the mini-van would look like with a giant soccer ball on one side of it?

I didn't realize you had so many damn posts. Didn't know I was in the presence of Carpal Tunnel last night

ask him about the shoe picture way way back......... wheni first met himi expected him to just be a shoe....