gary350

The HondaJet - Never Wanted A Honda (Before Now)

At 2.3 Million, it would be less than a new C-208 with glass cockpit. Impressive, but the Caravan has such a nice jump door. ;)

The Grand Caravan has an MSRP of $1.75Mil(don't ask how I know this :P). I don't see adding more than another $500k for EFIS....plus, I just don't see the point in EFIS in a Caravan to begin with. EFIS is a great thing...I use it every day(well, every day I work that is ;))...but it's definitely not a necessity. I would NEVER put EFIS in a plane that was primarily a jump plane. IMO, EFIS is only really an advantage during hard IFR conditions.

Mike

GE and Honda small jet engine alliance:

http://sl.cometsystems.com/r?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ge.com%2Fstories%2Fen%2F20132.html%3Fcategory%3DProducts_Home&qry=honda+general+electric&rnk=2&aff=inkt&v=9&origin=asearch&tmpl=0Aen

We already are the largest producer of piston engines. Now jets...B|

The Saturn (GM) Vue SUV has a Honda V6 in it. GM doesn't bother to tell you that during the Saturn commercial bragging about the Vue having the most powerful engine in its class. :P

The future will be interesting. Competition is a good thing.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

The Saturn (GM) Vue SUV has a Honda V6 in it. GM doesn't bother to tell you that during the Saturn commercial bragging about the Vue having the most powerful engine in its class. :P

The future will be interesting. Competition is a good thing.

I just hope that Honda remains a stand-alone company. GM has butchered Saab, Vauxhall, Fiat, and is in the process of cutting into Subaru. Just my preference. ;)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I just hope that Honda remains a stand-alone company.

Don't need to worry too much. Part of the reason for selling to GM was to justify a new engine plant in Alabama (where the Odyssey is now made-used to be in Alliston Ontario).

The other reason was to get some diesels from GM-Isuzu for some European market cars. I think the need for this will be gone soon as we are developing our own.

Still abusing the rev-limiter on your CL?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Still abusing the rev-limiter on your CL?

Well, the red-line is definitely higher than the advertised 6800RPM (pretty good for a V6! B|)...so I don't see it much. :P I'll catch myself at 7000-7200... ;)

Alas, I fear I may have to give up the beauty depending on my job developments. Some areas that I'm looking at won't support me having such an awesome car. [:/]
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

The Grand Caravan has an MSRP of $1.75Mil(don't ask how I know this...

I may be mistaken, but the latest price I have heard on a C-208 with glass cockpit is around 3 Mil. I have tried to look it up online in the past, but new prices are rarely listed. I only mentioned the glass cockpit because the HondaJet is priced as such.

FallRate

I read that it was just a one-off technology demonstrator. They aren't considering going into production of that model... or are they?

Honda is still claiming that they are not going to produce this aircraft....but with all the alliances they have made recently(most notably with GE for the HF118 engine that powers the HondaJet), I find it hard to believe...as do most analysts in the industry. Time will tell, I guess.

Mike

It's all fun & games until some kid grabs one of those jets and lowers it, sticks it on 17's, puts a huge aluminum wing on the back, and covers it with yellow Type-R stickers.

Sigh.

:P
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

If the engine configuration on the Honda jet frees up more space in the aft cabin, the next thing we should ask for is access to the baggage compartment from the cabin, then a baggage door under the tail, followed by an airstair, followed by an airstair that can be opened in flight, followed by a red light and a green light and a "please go-around" button.
The possibilities are endless!