airtwardo

something is not right with this combat record

... GHWBush, who was indecisive about Gulf War I,

So how was GHWBush indecisive exactly?

Beats me - I think he didn't want to deploy troops to Kuwait. The quote comes from Reagan's speech when he presented the Medal of Freedom to Maggie.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Who says they are right or unbiased?

They aren't. Here's something on their website that the creators wrote themselves.

"We don't expect anyone to accept us as the ultimate authority on any topic"

It's sad to see many posters on dz.com who look up something on Snopes and blindly believe it's automatically true just because Snopes says so. It's almost funny.

Forty-two

Which God should that be? And who gets to decide? Is there one God in this country that represents her entire people?

As I stated, any God, that you choose to worship. I didn't see anywhere in the article where it specifically said only a christian God. I think it is safe to say that when God is referenced in that article that he is probably speaking to those of the christian faith as well as all the other faiths we have in the USA and on the planet.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Which God should that be? And who gets to decide? Is there one God in this country that represents her entire people?

As I stated, any God, that you choose to worship. I didn't see anywhere in the article where it specifically said only a christian God. I think it is safe to say that when God is referenced in that article that he is probably speaking to those of the christian faith as well as all the other faiths we have in the USA and on the planet.

And which particular Hindu God would be the almighty one? There are lots of Hindus in the USA and on the planet, and they have many gods.

Sorry, it is unacceptable as a political statement.

And which particular Hindu God would be the almighty one? There are lots of Hindus in the USA and on the planet, and they have many gods.

Actually, I find it hard to believe that you actually need to have clarification to what is obviously a broad statement when referencing God or should I say Gods? This is another fine example of the PC attitude where the obvious needs to be spelled out so that everyone gets a warm and fuzzy. I'm sure if you read into Mr. Denton's article even more you can uncover a conspiracy theory somewhere.

Sorry, but I think you're simply being argumentative FOR political reasons here and not for the content(message) of the article.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Blah, blah, blah....

First, I don't believe ANYTHING from the web unless I can get it from several sources. Second, any asshole can log on and claim to be a SEAL - I could do that if I wanted to (and never will). Third and finally, politics is so irrational and uncivil by now that anyone will fabricate any LIES they want to discredit the other side they don't like.

Vote early, vote often, EFS.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

First, I don't believe ANYTHING from the web unless I can get it from several sources.

What? You mean you don't look something up on Snopes and automatically believe it? Nooooooooo, say it aint so!!!!!

I think the funniest thing I've seen in a while was someone whom I will not name said in another thread referring to something entirely different, "This email is true, I looked it up on Snopes."

LOL. I love it. Even better is when someone says something on the boards and people respond back with, "You're wrong. That's not true. I just looked it up on Snopes and it says it never happened."

Funny shit. Seriously. Quit being sheep, people. Logic and common sense go a lot further than a website. Especially a website like Snopes.

Forty-two

any asshole can log on and claim to be a SEAL - I could do that if I wanted to (and never will).

These days, 'any asshole' as you put it
CAN claim to be a SEAL...

But not for long...:)

It's quite easily checked through an on-line database,
and if those claims are being made
for personal gain...

(as in the case of a politician a few years ago)

The director of the organization (listed in my post) will
contact you...
your family...
and your employer to dispel
said inaccuracies...

I've seen it done!B|

...And as to the veracity & integrity of the person
that sent me the email...

Known him for 18 years,
he was a jumper on our team for a while...
until he made the "Leap Frogs"
Decorated in Panama....(so to speak):D

And while I was living In California,
and he was active...
I sometimes got to play with SEAL toys...
(Shhhhhh!) :o

I do agree with you though...
Too much credence is often given to
things floating around the web....

Even on sites such as this...:S

Wish there was an automatic BS
analyzer so we'd know when to disregard.

Like...
When the # of posts exceeds the # of jumps...:P
(just kidding)

Didn't mean to add to the disinformation
swirling around...
as I said, both I and the person
that sent me the email...
Believed it to be genuine.

No malice intended!:)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Actually, I find it hard to believe that you actually need to have clarification to what is obviously a broad statement when referencing God or should I say Gods? This is another fine example of the PC attitude where the obvious needs to be spelled out so that everyone gets a warm and fuzzy. I'm sure if you read into Mr. Denton's article even more you can uncover a conspiracy theory somewhere.

Sorry, but I think you're simply being argumentative FOR political reasons here and not for the content(message) of the article.

You know as well as I do that Denton was being disrespectful of millions of people's religions with that statement. You don't care because you agree with him and he wasn't being disrespectful of yours.

I think you may be missing his point. Then again, maybe you don't feel as a nation, we need some moral and ethical guidelines to help society evolve. I think Mr. Denton made his point here:

I don't mean to knock anyone who is religious, but I disagree with the thinking that anyone who is not a believer, in some type of god, must surely be imoral and unethical. I don't need some religious leader or church telling me what is right or wrong. I learned those things a long time ago from my parents and from the norms in my culture. Religion has been a minor influence in my own children's upbringing and I'd compare their morals and sense of right and wrong to anyone's. I also think that some of the most violent conflicts in history were fought in the name of religion. To tell you the truth when I hear a politician start talking in terms of what is right or wrong in the name of God, it scares the hell out of me, because I know they are very narrow minded. Again I don't mean to knock anyone, but this is my take on this subject....Steve1

Beats me - I think he didn't want to deploy troops to Kuwait. The quote comes from Reagan's speech when he presented the Medal of Freedom to Maggie.

That explains absolutely nothing. The only "Maggie" that I can find that received this medal since 1993 is Margaret Murie in 1998.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Jim,
After all the bull shit and finger pointing is done, did you notice no one wanted to address what it was/who Denton was talking about? Long live the Queen.
Sparky

:o

Well,...I thought it was a presidential candidate!

Silly ole uneducated ME! :$

I guess those wiser that me can
explain how God hijacked the thread!!!:S

Like somebody on here said a while back...

"You don't want to get into a long drawn out
discussion with LouDiamond...>:(

!/2 way through it, you will have to pick up a
pack and a rifle, and stomp some boonies
to continue the discourse!";)

...Gotta love a guy that will put his life on the line
for you, so you can argue semantics with him!:)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Looking back at my post, I realize that I'm probably the one who is narrow minded, and how did I get so far off the subject??? So before Lou comes hunting for me, I'd just like to add that I'm just a senile old fart who's often full of shit....Steve1

Since everyone that believes in something works on the assumption that they know The Truth (tm), they tend to treat people who think differently as misguided and show "tolerance." It rarely occurs to them that this attempt at tolerance comes across as small-minded and patronizing.

Fairy tales have a long tradition in human society, and occupy a key role in our culture. Fantastic creatures such as dragons, gods, leprechauns, elves and so forth come alive in the telling, and many people lose track of the fact that these beings are but figaments of the imagination.

Much though I think belief is an occasionally useful substitute for rational thought, I think it is a wretched basis for a system of government.

If I want to indulge in fairy tales, I can go to Disney Land or church or something. By the same token that I don't look to the Seven Dwarves for leadership, I can do without governmental authority being used to inflict fantasies upon me.

If you want to talk about Zeus and Odin, keep it independent of US Government activities. It's a different chain of command.

Blue skies,

Winsor

That explains absolutely nothing. The only "Maggie" that I can find that received this medal since 1993 is Margaret Murie in 1998.

Mea Culpa, it was GHWB himself that said it.

But you didn't try very hard to find it, did you?

www.medaloffreedom.com/MargaretThatcher.htm

Mea Culpa, it was GHWB himself that said it.

But you didn't try very hard to find it, did you?

www.medaloffreedom.com/MargaretThatcher.htm

And she listened to my explanation, agreed with the decision, but then added these words of caution -- words that guided me through the Gulf crisis, words I'll never forget as long as I'm alive. ``Remember, George,'' she said, ``this is no time to go wobbly.'' *Laughter*

You have a penchant for taking things out of context. As for my looking for it, I was using the list which is on that site, but it's only good for 11 years.
Make light!

Thanks for reminding me. For a moment, I thought it was this..........:S:D
Make light!