Skyrose7

ASC Rocks!

I just wanted to say thank you to the wonderful people at ASC. I had a blast visiting! I will definately be back. I got to meet some pretty cool dz.com peeps...kelel01, louddan, jrock, lee03, sunman...
I probably forgot someone, so sorry...
I have never felt so welcome by evedryone at a dz before--These people can party! Too bad I partied just as hard and got up three and a half hours late from when I was supposed to go home....ooopps:S
thanks guys!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.
MaryRose

suprisingly, I wasn't late! We even got a flat on the way home and still made itB|
I think I got dropped off at my car by 10:30pm...just enough time to clean up and head to work for 8 hours...on three hours sleep. So much for going to bed early Saturday night (well, I guess 4:30AM is EARLY ...for the next day... )
Anyone else catch Lee03 doing his rendition of lounge karaoke?
editied to add: I will probably head over to Tecumseh this summer too.B|
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MaryRose

wow, I wouldn't doubt it at all! He was toasted. I am suprised he even made it up the stairs...wait, he did have a lot of trouble with that, now that I think about it.;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MaryRose

Got to Tecumseh in July!!!!!

yeah!! We are having a kickass womens event July 23-25 at Skydive Tecumseh. Once the event gets closer and I get more of the nitty gritty details I will definitley let everyone know. If you are a freefly chick, you will want to make it to this event!

~La La Gang Member #2~

Yeah, ya gotta love "Tennessee Skydiving Center" (etc.)

I especially like this part on their webpages
"Due to the high level of experience of our instructors, and our use of the best equipment available, we can accommodate persons weighing as much as 285 LBS. There are hand full of small part time operators in the south east U.S. will impose strict weight limits and will not take persons weighing over 239lbs. Although you may not weigh this much this should be a concern as it is an indication of lack of experience and or the modern equipment necessary to handle larger individuals which puts you closer to the limit of their experience or equipment. "

In other words, the fact that they'll take fat people on tandems proves they're safer.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Yeah, ya gotta love "Tennessee Skydiving Center" (etc.)

I especially like this part on their webpages
"Due to the high level of experience of our instructors, and our use of the best equipment available, we can accommodate persons weighing as much as 285 LBS. There are hand full of small part time operators in the south east U.S. will impose strict weight limits and will not take persons weighing over 239lbs. Although you may not weigh this much this should be a concern as it is an indication of lack of experience and or the modern equipment necessary to handle larger individuals which puts you closer to the limit of their experience or equipment. "

In other words, the fact that they'll take fat people on tandems proves they're safer.

Blues,
Dave

thats a good one... hahaha (personal attack inserted here.)

Actually, I think Tenn Skydiving Center is the DZ in Tullahoma, not a name for ASC.

http://www.dropzone.com/dropzone/Detailed/427.html

http://www.tennskydive.com/

If you're going to troll/flame/bash something, at least get it right. :P
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

"Anyone else catch Lee03 doing his rendition of lounge karaoke?"
------------------------------------------------------------
Oh God, I hope not :$ That had to be frightening! :S ;)

Mary, it was a pleasure meeting you. YOU ROCK! Glad you made it home safely and in time for work. Look forward to you coming back and visiting again. :)
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

"No, but did you hear about Lee falling out of bed? Poor guy . . . All the way from the very top bunk (3 high)."
------------------------------------------------------------
Aw, I'm alright. it looked far worse than what it was, just a scrap/rug burn really. Not that bad. :D
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

That had to be frightening!

well..... It was pretty funny. WE got up and went outside and you were still singing (now to a completely empty hangar). :D

As far as the ASC bashing goes, please, like a few few others said, lay off. I was just trying to share my GOOD experience there (not knowing others have had not so good experiences there (I am ASSUMING that the people doing the bashing have at least stopped by there and hung out once or twice....in order to pass such a knowledgewadble judgment...:o))
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MaryRose

Sorry I didn't get to meet you there sounds like you had a blast. ASC is my home DZ, though I don't get there often enough. The 3.5 hour drive kinda makes it difficult to pop in every weekend now.[:/]

kwak
Sometimes your the bug, sometimes your the windshield. Sometimes your the hammer sometimes your the nail. Question is Hun, Do you wanna get hammered or do you wanna get nailed?????

>:(Damnit... My Sister went to ASC and all I got was a shirt..

Actually, not a bad shirt really[:/].. hmmm, kinda like it actually:|...

Thanks for the shirt... Carry on;) :)
You guys @ ASC sound like a fun bunch from the stories that I heard.. Can't wait to meet y'all in the future;)

I travel the land, Work in the ocean, Play in the sky

I have an ASC shirt too.. its yellow and its waaaay too big for me. My ex bought it for me. That was nice of him, but I guess he thought he had a fat girlfriend. That, or he just wanted me to wear a tent to hide my figure. Probably the latter. :S

You're right! You should now show us all pictures of yourself with a much tighter shirt on. ;)