Sparta_Prague

Inverted a Cessna

how i did it was; gave her(cessna 152) full power brought the nose up to about 90degrees and pulled it back further and the plane went inverted, i got a massive right wing drop and used the ruder to recover since the wing was stalled. scared the shit out of probably wont do it agian. But i was just wondering if it is a risk doing a barel roll, b/c ive heard of so many pilots doing it????[:/]

Hey I did that when learning to fly. My instructor threw the plane in every direction he could think of, then made it go inverted, let go of the yoke, looked at me, smiled and said "You're plane". B|:D

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

full power brought the nose up to about 90degrees and pulled it back further and the plane went inverted, i got a massive right wing drop and used the ruder to recover since the wing was stalled.

Dude..........I'm not an acrobatic instructor.......but it sounds to me like you damn near put yourself in an inverted stall. Don't do that. It can kill you right quickly. :S

Ok...that's pretty strange. I'm taking flying lessons now. A really good pilot at my DZ told me that you could invert a Cessna (one without a fuel pump) as long as you turn back over quickly. I'm assuming the one in this picture had a fuel pump, right. I couldn't help but think what would happen if a foot clipped the aileron and bent it somehow going off of it that way. Sucks to be the pilot. It looks cool, though.

Back when I was learning to fly I asked my instructor why she told me we couldn't do spins in the piper traumahawk. She said "well, we can, but it's just not very good for the plane. wanna try some?" So we did some spins. Then she asked what I wanted to do next. I decided to push my luck and asked how long we could fly upside down before the engine quits. She said "I don't know. lets find out." Instead of going upside down, she pulled the nose way up and then pushed forward, pushing about -1 G. After 3 seconds the engine began to sputter so she pulled back and it started back up.

To maintain inverted flight you need an inverted fuel and oil system, not just a fuel pump.

Dave

Not the wisest thing to do, considering it isn't stressed for aerobatic flight.
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

Back in my younger and dumber days, I did roll a 182 with a load of jumpers on-board. Stupid, you bet your ass it was. Fun, at the time, yes!B|

All 4 jumpers were pilots and they were all saying, roll it, roll it.... (And yep, the DZO found out) Beer.

Buck