TheBile

5 Spectacular Pictures

Absolutely amazing photos!!

Did you know that the fifth photo is actually a dolphin? They're so cool. One of the most amazing experiences i've ever had was being that close to six of them in the water once. B|

EDITED TO STOP ME LOOKING LIKE A DUMBASS

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

#3 is not real. This is xenofex photoshop work. I went and built one in five minutes just to show.

It is amazing that through computers and algorithms we can randomly duplicate a natural and beautiful phenomenon in nature.

The cloud over mountain picture is really nice.

Did you know that the fifth photo is actually a dolphin? They're so cool. One of the most amazing experiences i've ever had was being that close to six of them in the water once. B|

Ditto as far as cool experiences go. I was out at sea when my marriage fell apart 15 years ago. Emotionally, I was a wreck, and at my lowest points, I would go out on deck and stare at the ocean. It never failed in those times that either porpuises or dolphins would show up to play on the bow and cheer me up. Fast forward 6 months and I was at Black's Beach, swimming nude in the surf with a girlfriend and another couple. For some reason, I swam out much further than the others, only to have my heart jump into my throat when my girlfriend screamed "shark!" I saw a dorsal fin approaching me and started swimming as smoothly as I could toward shore. A few seconds later I glanced over my shoulder and saw that it was MUCH closer. Forget smooth, I started racing toward shore. My next glance revealed 3 dorsal fins rather than 1 and I realized sharks don't swim like that. I stopped and watched just in time to see a blowhole open, then let them approach. They were lazily "bodysurfing" the waves sideways, making their way up the beach, and I swam back out to them, then with them. For a solid 3-4 minutes I swam my ass off to hang out within just a few feet of them. They made a couple chirps and squeaks and I remember thinking this is like something out of "Flipper". In the meantime my friends are walking up the beach, keeping parallel with me and screaming how crazy I am, which seemed odd by comparison to how relaxing and peaceful that felt. Eventually I tired and couldn't keep up, I made my way to the shore and we camped there on the beach that night. To this day, that afternoon remains one of the best moments of my life.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)