skybeergodd

NoShitThereIWas DID IT!!!!

Well it took awhile and alot of yell and frustration and even some tear:o.....By our own Jen(NoShitThereIWas) Is out newest little Rigglet.... She passed her oral and practical exams today and is officially seal symbol UBJ....so anyone seeing that symbol on their rig should be very afraid:D...just kidding....she did great and made me look goodB|. So big HUGZ and Congrats to Jen:)

Good one....

by the way, a riglet is a person training to become a rigger. It's been gone over in the gear and rigging forum ;)

Oh! :$ glad you let me know that... I wasn't sure, but congratulations anyway Jen!!! ... I miss you!!

Well it took awhile and alot of yell and frustration and even some tear:o.....By our own Jen(NoShitThereIWas) Is out newest little Rigglet.... She passed her oral and practical exams today and is officially seal symbol UBJ....so anyone seeing that symbol on their rig should be very afraid:D...just kidding....she did great and made me look goodB|. So big HUGZ and Congrats to Jen:)

Any particular reason the the UBJ?

Just Checking :)
.:o
Blue Skies!
Mary B
Sandillas Rodriguez
Muff Brother #2959 TF #77

OMG, Riglet??? :D

Well thanks Skybeergodd and everyone else ...

Lesson #1: Unless you are absolutely SURE about the fact that you're relationship CAN and WILL survive, never teach your girlfriend/boyfriend to be a rigger!!!!

I knew that was true for AFF but I just realized it is true for even things on the ground. Kelly did an awesome job of teaching me how to rig but yes, there was blood, sweat and tears. Thanks Honey, I meant it when I said you ARE my hero.

To answer Buckleme, all the seal symbols started with UB so it was a matter of what will I be? I went for UBJ because I B Jen. I asked Tom when he showed me the seal letters, I B A Rigger??? All I could do was jump up and down and yell out Whooooooo Hoooooooo!

And yes, as Kelly said, if your rig has the seal symbols UBJ, be scared .... Be very scared ......
:o:D:D:D

Naaaaa, it will be All Good because I pack my reserves the same way I packed all mains. With lots of TLC.
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

Any particular reason the the UBJ?

Just Checking :)
.:o

Hey I just got that by reading your post a second time!!! I never thought of it that way before :S:$

Yeah, my rigger seal symbols are UBJ. Now there are two cool things about my seal. :P

two thumbs up Jen, I just spent 2 hrs on my living room floor(new jumper w/new 0 p sabre) trying to convince that miserable piece of nylon to go in the
bag.I finally got it nice and flat laying on it and then had this flash back of getting the big kid on the block on his back. Then he says if I get up Im gonna kick your ass, so I laid there on my canopy
while I grabbed the phone and applied for anger management classes. Thst is true but all kidding
aside congrats...

Congrats Jen

BTW what is this seal you guys use, we don't have them in Oz.
Where's it go what's it for ????
Gotta pic of it??
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Squeak, a Rigger's seal is that little round lead thing threaded around your closed reserve pin with red thread. If you look closely at it, it will have 3 letters and/or numbers. The purpose of it is to identify the rigger who did the last inspection and repack of your reserve canopy and if your seal is intact, that will also show that your reserve has not been opened or tampered with. Generally when you pass your Oral and Practical Exams, your Examiner will give you some letter/number choices for your "seal". So if I packed your reserve last, the seal on your reserve will say UBJ. Hope that helps B|

two thumbs up Jen, I just spent 2 hrs on my living room floor(new jumper w/new 0 p sabre) trying to convince that miserable piece of nylon to go in the
bag.I finally got it nice and flat laying on it and then had this flash back of getting the big kid on the block on his back. Then he says if I get up Im gonna kick your ass, so I laid there on my canopy
while I grabbed the phone and applied for anger management classes. Thst is true but all kidding
aside congrats...

LOL, I can identify with your pain. Been there, done that. Packing brand new zero-p especially if you are a new packer is never fun. The only advice I can give you there is: That is Your canopy, Your material, Your fabric that You bought. It will do what you tell it to if you show it who is boss. Take your time with it and be methodical. The rest is just practice and it will get easier. :P

Congrats, Jen! Don't know if I'll make it to Missouri any time soon, but I'd let you pack for me. ;)

Hope you get a lot of business, but don't work too hard, OK?

Take it easy, and give Dakota a kiss from the Norcal crew!

Mike (and Lynn)
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash