kelel01

I'm f*@$ing quitting my job . . .

No you're not. You're all talk, no action.

That sounds like a dare. ;) I AM going to talk to my boss about this, though, and see what she can do to help. Because I seriously cannot take it anymore. [:/]

Kelly

I'm with Muenkel on this one... Kelly quitting her job is like kelly packing her chute, she's skeered:D

Never go to a DZ strip show.

*scratches head*...Didnt you say this the night we sat at chilis and had a beer?...*continues scratching head*:P

So get your resume out there and in less than a month you will have a new job. You do more than enough for that company from what you told me that you are well qualified to walk into another position elsewhere. Good luck....

My theory: Job = Money = Skydiving = Happy:)
Joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

:P:P:P

And it was Applebee's . . . ;)

I am now actively pursuing a new career. Hopefully one that involves sleeping late, drinking lots of alcohol, and making tons of money, with all Fridays-Sundays off. Hey, maybe I'll go let people do psych experiments on me regarding the effects of alcohol on human behavior! ;):D:D:D

Kelly

I am now actively pursuing a new career. Hopefully one that involves sleeping late, drinking lots of alcohol, and making tons of money, with all Fridays-Sundays off.

bwahahahahaha. you know what kind of job you just described?
i could find you a job like that... but first you just gotta first "audition" for it with me. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::P

MB 3528, RB 1182

I am now actively pursuing a new career. Hopefully one that involves sleeping late, drinking lots of alcohol, and making tons of money, with all Fridays-Sundays off. Hey, maybe I'll go let people do psych experiments on me regarding the effects of alcohol on human behavior!

If you only knew how closely this resembles my own job description. All except for the alcohol part - as many of you already know, it just isn't my poison. :ph34r:

I wouldn't stress about it too much.

I've been in management. I can tell you that your boss is too busy/stressed to really care if you stay or go. They don't have time to worry if you are happy.

If you have decided to move on, your best bet is to pull a "no show". Just don't show up anymore.

Why deal with the confrontation? you don't have to explain shit. You don't owe them anything and they certainly won't be losing any sleep if you're gone.

2 weeks notice is a thing of the past.

Don't quit your job until you got something else lined up. I made that mistake. quit back in February. still trying to find something. ran out of money, have since moved home to live w/ my parents and try to get out of debt. it really sucks cause now i can't skydive. i'm 24 and still controlled by my parents. he'll only help me find a job and let me live here if i abide by his rules. home by 2 am. can't stay out. can't spend money i don't have (no more credit cards..). i'm not allowed to go to x keys to see Raff cause i can't put gas in my car. jumping is out of the question. kinda blows. so don't quit your job!!!!!

PMS #165 Swooo #613 CSA #687

Believe me, if I left without notice, they'd be up shit creek. I am the only one who has any idea what's going on in my department, as I'm almost the only person in my department. They would probably actually come after me with pitchforks and burn me at the stake. My boss told me if I ever wanted to leave, she needed AT LEAST a month's notice.

So I'm not leaving yet.

I've been in management. I can tell you that your boss is too busy/stressed to really care if you stay or go. They don't have time to worry if you are happy.

Glad I've never worked for you. The day a manager stops caring about how happy (read: effective - they go hand in hand) an employee is, is the day they become useless. If a manager doesn't care about an employees happiness, why should the employee care if the manager gets the credit for their work?

If you have decided to move on, your best bet is to pull a "no show". Just don't show up anymore.

Never burn bridges. You never know when you'll need them again. That's just piss poor advice.

2 weeks notice is a thing of the past.

It's also the ethical thing to do.
Performance Designs Factory Team

HOLY CRAP!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!! My whole reason for quitting is no longer an issue!!!! Our PITA client is no longer a client, through very little fault of our own. I can just tell you, the only one who's pissed is the producer-- the rest of us are gonna throw a FREAKIN' PARTY!

Now, as soon as the next client like this comes around, I'll be ready to pack up my desk again. ;):D

The day a manager stops caring about how happy (read: effective - they go hand in hand) an employee is, is the day they become useless

LMFAO!!
I admire you're idealism my friend. In a perfect world it would be exactly as you described.

My boss actually does care . . . she's wonderful. It's not the people I work with, though, it's my actual job. She would probably help me find employment outside of the company if need be. I think you must have worked for SHITTY companies. I've never heard of/experienced such a disregard for employee satisfaction.

I agree with Kbone. In my line of work, there isn't much loyalty. I wish you were right but I have been let down by so many bosses. I too have worked in managment. I will never do that again!

I'm at the point where I just don't care anymore. If I don't like the deal, I walk. If they don't like my terms, they can screw me, and then I walk. I'll pick the faster.

scott

LMFAO!!
I admire you're idealism my friend. In a perfect world it would be exactly as you described.

heh. Don't get me wrong, I hear what you're saying. I realize that it's not the case oftentimes, but I still feel that they are ineffective if they don't care about their subordinates. Maybe that's why so many managers suck ;) but it doesn't mean it's not true :)
Blue ones,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Kelly, you have inspired me to do the same, my job completely sucks bigtime, my boss is such a douchebag. He never gives me what I want, my pay completely sucks, my customers blow, I completely bust my ass for absolutely no reward what-so-ever!!

That is it, I am done, I am going to walk right up to my boss and tell him exactly what I think of him... Wait a minute, I AM THE BOSS!!! Freakin' A, I'm really screwed now, I "AM" a douchebag!!! Damn it sucks to have your own business that blows a big one!! [:/]
Unknowing attempting to take out all 4 wheeled vehicles remotely close to the landing area!