Flyerer

Helmets

Hello everyone. I'm a newly licensed skydiver (43 jumps), and in search of a helmet. I would like to purchase the most comfortable, least intrusive style/model available. Any comments, and suggestions are appreciated.

Skysystems Benny

Its cheap, decent head protection, and looks pretty good. I just bought one myself. Names kinda dumb, but I took the decal off :)
__

My mighty steed

There is no better protection than a Protec.

Thanks for that. As silly as it might sound, I more interested in comfort and visibility. I had acutally thought about passing on the helmet entirely, but I don't think other skydivers in group situations would be comfortable with that decision. I understand it will also give me a spot to mount an audible altimeter as a back-up.

There is no better protection than a Protec.

Thanks for that. As silly as it might sound, I more interested in comfort and visibility. I had acutally thought about passing on the helmet entirely, but I don't think other skydivers in group situations would be comfortable with that decision. I understand it will also give me a spot to mount an audible altimeter as a back-up.

Actually a protec is better than any full face for visibility and comfort, that's subjective. What you really mean is, a protec is just not cool enough for you;) I don't jump one anymore either so no comment.

You're in auto sales. What's the best way to find the right car for someone? Start test driving cars.

You first have to decide if you want a hard top (full face) or a convertible (open face) or one that you can put the top up and down (full face flip-up).

Then ask people to let you look at their helmets and try them on. Ask what they like and dislike.

You'll quickly narrow it down.

Then go to a DZ with a gear store and try many of them on.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

Helmets- you can get good protection, attractive, and comfortable. Pick any two

Or maybe its attractive, comfortable and cheap. Either way, every helmet is a compromise.

I would have to say that Cookie is in the process of changing all that.

Especially with his new flip up, which will be available later this year.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.