hcsvader

Hard Toggles

I'm trying to figure out how to attach hard toggles to the tubular webbing brake lines on my parafoil. Any suggestions?

Also looking for some advice on how to stow the toggles.

Edited to add. We are assuming that the toggles should be set at the black line across the brake lines.
Thanks
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Having not seen tubular webbed lines in person, I can tell you, I've had hard toggles on both a stratostar and a few PC's, yes the lines go in the hole and set at the marks then knotted off, set as usual with the end of toggle in the cat's eye below ring, most old school risers have a nothing to hold it or elastic for the other end of the toggle to stow it, extra line you leave free or stow in a number of ways.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

It's been a long time since I saw one live. Does the tubular nylon go to the cascades? I'm not sure what they intended. I have never worked on one like this. If ukskydiver manual site wasn't gone it might be there. The ones I recall had regular dacron line steering lines that fit through the holes in the toggles. The brakes were set using a daisy chain lock off. Not even going to try to tell you how to do that. It easy to screw up and caused problems for someone not used to it.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Yes the tubular webbing goes to the cascades. I would be interested in knowing why this is used instead of regular dacron lines.

Some people at my DZ know how to daisy chain the lines and I have found a couple other stowing method to experiement with.
Have you seen my pants?

No slider bumps on this rig and no cats eyes on the brake lines. We drilled out the holes on the hard toggles to fit the thicker brake lines and tied a knot in the dead end of the line and used the brake settings recommended in the classic manual. Should be interesting to see how it works out :)

Have you seen my pants?

No slider bumps on this rig and no cats eyes on the brake lines. We drilled out the holes on the hard toggles to fit the thicker brake lines and tied a knot in the dead end of the line and used the brake settings recommended in the classic manual. Should be interesting to see how it works out :)

So how do you set the brakes? I don't have the manual you are looking at. Are there pictures? Drawings? Can you post them?

I'll let you know how it works out once I get it in the air. I still havent found any info as to why the tubular lines are used.

Rather than retro-rig everything to fit the tubular steering line... It seems like it would be easier just to replace the tubular steering line with normal dacron lines, and then everything would fit and work the way it's "supposed" to.

I still haven't found any info as to why the tubular lines are used.

I imagine it is because with tubular is easier/better to set the brakes with a slipknot and daisy-chain arrangement.

The brake lines don't have any cats-eye deal to stow the brakes does it?

No there is no catseye in the brake lines.
Just took it for its first jump :)Not having a cats eye in the brake line definatly makes for a smother transition when applying the brakes.

Have you seen my pants?

I'm trying to figure out how to attach hard toggles to the tubular webbing brake lines on my parafoil. Any suggestions?

Also looking for some advice on how to stow the toggles.

Edited to add. We are assuming that the toggles should be set at the black line across the brake lines.
Thanks

OK, havent seen this in a long time but here's what I remember:
1. 1/2 Tubular lasts longer than big dacron lines and runs the full length from the uppers to the toggles
2. Back then the guide rings were bigger (yours are too small...friction will hinder toggle input)
3. drill a bigger hole in the toggles
4. We usedto set them with a half hitch...back in the day

Not sure if the S&A Team on the Golden Knights still uses this set up.

Tim