Sabre2th

Girlfriend Trouble

So my girlfriend and I are taking a break I guess...It sucks. I thought she was cheating on me, or was about to. Maybe she wasn't, maybe she was. (she denied, and so did my friend, who is the guy in the equation) So, because of "trust issues" we are taking this break. I can understand where she is coming from, but of course it still sucks, and my life is in the gutter now....

Sorry to bore(sp?) everyone, but I would rather talk to my extended family, than my co-workers.

Nick

Nick.

Those who dance, are cosidered insane by those who can't hear the music.

Your life isn't in the gutter now, its just the begining. Now you won't have the worries of is she cheating and you can do more important things with your life than worry. If you can't trust someone or they are not worthy of your trust, its probably better to figure it out as soon as possible so you both don't waste your time. If you think she is cheating and you have solid evidence to back you claims, then you are probably correct. Go with your gut. If she is looking for someone else, its best you know early so you can move on.

Think of this as a new begining for you and her. If things were ment to be, they will happen, you can't force em. If she wants to be with someone else, then she obviously doesn't know what she will be missing and isn't worthy of what you have to give.

Things like this stink but they are only as bad as you make em for youself. Go out there and live it up with your friends. They are the best medicine. They'll have you back on your game in no time.

Cheer up and jump it will make you feel much better!
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Well, we were leaving my friends house, because my girlfriend is good friends with both him( known him for 6 years) and his sister. His sister was the one we were there to see, but she had gone to bed. So we leave, and I wait in a parking lot(i guess this may have been wrong on my part). Well what do you know, she comes back. I call her, and she said that my friends sister DID call her and she was going back to see her. The sister confirmed this, and my friend and her both said the same. I really was under the impression neither of them would be capable to do this to me, but I don't know. She promised me several times, if there ever was somethig going on with someone else she would break up with me first, but this is not what we did.

Sorry about the novel I wrote there...

Am i going crazy? Yes, Yes I am.

Nick.

It took me until age 39 to NOT be concerned about these things. If my significant other were to prefer someone else, go I say.
If she went elsewhere then it would be obvious she wasnt getting that she wanted from me and in that case its very likely that I wouldnt be getting what I needed from her.

When people feel jelousy and fear that their significant other is cheating, its usualy the result of their own insecurity. If you are living in fear of this, you need to find the solution inside yourself, not in her.

Your fear, and resulting behavior, will bring about the very thing you fear.

Its usually fear of being alone. People in that situation are usually that way because they have low self esteem and need to have someone else love them to make them feel good about themselves.

Some people think that jelousy proves that you love someone. Not so.
It proves that you are insecure and full of fear. Its not about love.

Let it go and learn to love yourself without NEEDing the love of another to be happy. Only then will you be able to find happiness in a relationship and BE a good partner to your significant other.

BTW this may not apply to you or your situation, but then again it might. Just some food for thought.
__

My mighty steed

ask yourself whether you believe her or not.

if you do, apologize, make it up for her (which might be hard) and learn your lesson.

if you don't, and think you won't be able to, then you have your answer.

i doesnt really matter whether she did it or not, and you won't know anyway.
what matter is whether you can trust her or not.

O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

whether she was cheating or not... if you can't trust her (and obviously you don't feel you can), she isn't the right person for you.

DITTO! hate to say it, but it's true. trust is hard to come by. once you lose it, it's usually gone for good. [:/] i say cut away.

I guess this is why a break will be good anyway...give me and her time to think.

So... if you two break up and give her a chance to date the people that you thought she was dating... that helps what? Now she's not cheating? Interesting.

When she gets tired of dating others, you can always get back together. That way, she wasn't cheating (until she her boredom overcomes her respect for you, again).

(Sorry, but if you ask enough people, one has a painful opinion.)

My view? Your main is malfunctioning here. Ka-ching... don't look back.

My view? Your main is malfunctioning here. Ka-ching... don't look back.

To continue the skydiving metaphors :D, my opinion is that this is "pilot error". Get your wing level! Your insecurities have taken over and caused you to turn this girl loose, when it sounds like she did nothing wrong. No reason to cut away a perfectly good main.

Kelly

I guess my other friend telling me he kinda thought the same thing only added fuel to the fire... Maybe it was just a few small incidents that gave me this big picture.

We'll see.

Nick.

To continue the skydiving metaphors , my opinion is that this is "pilot error". Get your wing level! Your insecurities have taken over and caused you to turn this girl loose, when it sounds like she did nothing wrong. No reason to cut away a perfectly good main.

lets keep this metaphors alive ;)
if you think you have a mal even if its actuallty flying well, and can't trust your main anymore, you chop...

but back to the issue, if you think you've made a mistake, dont let your pride stop you.
say you are sorry and admit your mistake,
we're only human...

O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

I think your instinct is right. The whole break thing because you had an "error" in judgement is fishy to me. You obviously don't trust her for a reason. You know the answer to your own question. You just don't want to admit it.
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

Bro I have been there two times in my life.
I thought I was paranoid she even said where is the trust. Basically I felt like an ass. Guess what my gut was right. Even after I caught her she was blaming me for not having enough money to take her out I told her I didn’t know she was for sale. Cheaters never think it’s there fault so be prepared. I say trust your gut. The biggest pain is when you think but you’re not sure. Not knowing is the worst.

But here is what I should have done and what I have done ever since. If I feel like someone is capable of cheating cutaway bro. It doesn’t even matter if they are if you don’t trust someone what’s the point?
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Well, if she is cheating it might not be with your friend. even though blood is thicker than water, I don't know too many sisters who will join a lie with thier brother when it comes to this subject. Maybe she would not want get in the middle of it.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I think I will talk to him today and just say: "Look, if there is something going on, I just want to know, and be done with it. I don't want to find out on my own you know..." But I have a feeling that it will be the same answer as before.

Thing is too, he is trying to hook up with another girl at the moment. And yes she really does exist :P

Nick.

Sabre2th,

I don't want to be salt in the wound, but you seem to be sweating this problem. And, where there's sweat, there's salt. It's the basics of human electrolytes.

While you guys are on a break, she may not be. You two on a break is a perfect time for her to 'test drive' this other POSSIBLE relationship. So, be ready for the break to become a spontaneous cutaway. Sometimes the handle gets snagged (or I'm just making that metaphor up). And, if she takes the 'test drive' and finds she doesn't like the features, are you willing to be that car she almost traded in?

Good luck brother. Love's a funny thing.

topher

"...there is a there out there..." - Tom Robbins