bullin82

crazy idea popped in my head!!!

So here i sit in Iraq with little to nothing to do since im coming home soon, and i got to thinking (scary huh) would it be possible to have an on-visor alt display? Im not sure but it may have been thought up and even tryed. Any ideas out there or am i just bat shit crazy??

Its not crazy. There has been talk about it before and even an application released a few years ago. It wasn't super popular, but that could be more due to technology, price and the skydiver love of open face helmets with sunglasses.;)

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Looks like that titan project got dropped a while ago...

I am with the original poster on this but think the techno is not just there yet. What would be real nice is a head up display ON the visor of full face helmet, some sort of projection that displays in LARGE digital semi transparent characters your alti at critical / set heights. Now that would be pimp. Just like how some of the cars HUD work, a small box projects the info on the windshield.
"Common sense is not so common" - Voltaire
Dudeist Skydiver #9

The Alti-2 Titan has been shelved for the moment but don't be surprised if it shows it's face again one day in the future and capable of doing far more than you'd think.;) The Recon goggles are vapor wear at this point. The company doesn't even have an actual prototype yet, the proto is supposedly due in October but I wouldn't hold my breath on it. I've jumped probably the closest thing that actually works but is no where near applicable for sport skydiving let alone affordable. I've flipped it up in the photo for landing, it's the object above my right eye.

"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING