Jumpervint

MSNBC What to Ask Before Jumping Out of a Plane at 13,000 Feet

This is posted on MSNBC about tandem jumps. I want to see the accelerator on my canopy.

[/url]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4980771/[url]

Vint
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis

"Both solo methods cost at least $100 more than tandem."

Static line costs $265.00 :oPLUS Video?:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

By far one of the best I've seen written by a non jumper, but a few things really toasted my buns.

With g-forces tugging on you, you’re literally grinning from ear to ear the entire way down.

Hello, no g-forces during a skydive, hence the "floating" thing. It's called air molecules, not g-force.

It’s windy and noisy, but the primary sensation is peaceful floating, followed by a sharp tug when the chute opens.

Pretty good desciption, but does anyone really think freefall is noisy?

and so on and so forth
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

I found freefall VERY noisy on my first tandem. Was much better during AFF when I started wearing a helmet.

That's why I always wear earplugs - always.

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

This is posted on MSNBC about tandem jumps. I want to see the accelerator on my canopy.

[/url]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4980771/[url]

Vint

It's one of the world's most exhilerating sports.

Who proofreads this s***??? >:(

:D

mh

Plus, if the main chute malfunctions, an emergency unit opens automatically.

Really???? Wow, i'm behind the times! Can someone clear this up for me?? If this person is referring to an rsl, he/she is really misleading people! Sounds almost like you can't go wrong, hell, if one malfunctions, the emergency unit just saves your ass, huh? lol!!

"There’s an accelerator and a braking system to assist in landing."

No shit?? HP maneuvers and toggles/rears? Or are they just referring to trim and toggles rather than a round/unsteerable?

Angela.

That's why I always wear earplugs - always.

Mark - as an aside - do you find it harder to clear your ears with earplugs? I have a hard enough time without them [:/]

Nope. Foam earplugs are gas-permeable. I never even feel pressure changes anymore, I'm so habituated to valsalva clearing of the Eustachian Tubes - it's now an unconscious thing...:)

mh

Imagine writing an article about a complex sport that you know NOTHING about. This author did an extrordinay job and deserves to be commended. A couple of minor errors but, all said, he did an invaluable service to skydiving. People with his talent are few and far between. I would buy this author a beer anytime!

Mike