AggieDave

GrassRoots action! BillVon for ND

We need people elected as NDs that are forthright, knowledgable and able to get the changes made to the USPA that we have all discussed on DZ.com.

The two people on DZ.com that would be most qualified and do a great job are Hooknswoop and BillVon. Since Hooknswoop, understandably, does not want to be a ND at this point, I believe it would be an overall success for jumpers to see that BillVon be elected via write in ballot as a USPA ND.

If support can be rallied through a grassroots effort here on DZ.com, we can see this through.

The issues at hand are the ones that have been discussed at length, the USPA GM program, the ISP and the USPA's inability and lack of desire to follow through on enforcing USPA DZs to follow the BSRs.

Who agrees? Who disagrees? Comments on each?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Ha! You're just trying to get the spotlight off you!

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

are you sure that he would WANT to

He didn't say no when it was suggested in the "Hooknswoop" thread.

Having "known" Bill on DZ.com for a number of years and having had a chance to meet and chat with him in person, I would be surprised if he didn't want the chance to work towards change. He may not want to, but like I said, I would be surprised.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I think Bill would make an excellent ND, should he actually desire the position.

Think of it Bill. If you run for ND, you'll have the pleasure of chiding me about voting for a liberal!:P

Plus, I know bill is on MY side in this NBA lawsuit thing. With the USPA ND on my side, I'm SURE to get my day in court!

Vinny the Anvil
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

>And not crazy enough to take the job.

That's the problem. I'd have to quit my job, or find some job where I can take six months off a year. To do the job of national director right (and still skydive, and still moderate, and not have Amy kill me) would take a lot of time and effort, time that I don't have right now. I could give up the moderation stuff, but I don't want to give up Amy or skydiving just yet.

If Bill says that he is willing, I will vote for him. He is very knowledgeable and seems slow to anger. He has my vote if he wants it.

No, like all people who know how to think before acting, Bill is slow to show his anger. I know many people like that. It is quite the admirable trait.

Bill, I understand why you cannot do this, but if you ever do decide to run in the future, you have my vote.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1