Rdutch

Just saw spiderman2

Actually, I'm sitting on my couch ACME so there :P

My knee is feeling a lot better, not near as swollen, etc. Maybe I can get rid of my crip # soon!!!
Just keep an eye on my jump number..... if it goes up, you will know what I did ;)
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

Actually, I'm sitting on my couch ACME so there :P

My knee is feeling a lot better, not near as swollen, etc. Maybe I can get rid of my crip # soon!!!
Just keep an eye on my jump number..... if it goes up, you will know what I did ;)

No Corey...if it goes up and then STOPS for an EXTREMELY EXTENDED time, THEN we will know what you did, goofball!!! >:(>:(

Ah well, glad to see you're doing better, but for Pete's sake don't rush it.

I won't be out this Friday, it's my wedding anniversary and I'm going out to dinner. :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I just got back from seeing it too. But I still liked the 70's version heaps better. No amount of special effects can rival the "flare's" of the original.
However,l i can relate to the personal trials and tribulations in the current spiderman allot better.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

Good movie, I just got home from seeing it myself. Nice special effects and like you said.... left open for a 3rd. Hob Goblin anyone?????
As long as the same cast and crew are involved, it should be good.

Wasn't that the hobgoblin in the 1st movie?

No, the Green Goblin was in the first. Harry Osborne later goes on to become the 2nd Green Goblin (NOT the HobGoblin) and then finally Harrys psychologist goes on to become the 3rd Green Goblin.

I hope they don't redo the GG thing in the 3rd, it'd be too much of a redo of the first. Not sure how good a villian the Lizard would make and the Venom story is too convoluted to go that route. I'm not sure where they're going to take it next.

One things for sure, Doc Oc was one of the best book to screen translated villians so far.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

The Venom and Carnage story might not be the best for the next movie but I'd love to see the special effects for carnage and venom...

Seeing that neither actually have a costume but
a actuall organism. That covers there bodies.

Mysterio shouldn't make to bad a movie alot of
cgi would be needed but I don't mind.

There's also the blackcat story the could use ...

Hubby took our daughter, 2 neices, his sister, his mom, and some other peoples out and left me at home with the sleeping twins...:P

I wasn't feeling so hot today so he vacated with the gabby gaggle and they should be returning within a few hours here with Spidey stories to tell...:)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Venom is more of a "mature" spiderman story, he has to come of age as a superhero before he can fight that one out.

Do you remember where the Venom suit came from? That alone will make it impossible.

Saw the flick . . .

(SPOILERS BELOW)

For the most part I thought it was a good follow-on and set up for another in the series. CGI seemed a bit smoother and realistic, but I was disappointed in some of the compositing -- yucky edges really piss me off. Everyone else does such a great job and then when it all gets put together, it looks phoney because of the edges.

Story-wise him losing his powers and then getting them back just because he's found true love or whatever the hell that was is just stupid. I did kinda like him running out of web stuff since in this version of the story his body is what is making it and he -does- seem to use up a hell of a lot of it, so . . . yeah, that might have made some sense, but the "focus" issue being tied into it is just silly (and I'm talking about a comic book movie?!?).

Another thing I thought was lacking was witty dialog during the fight scenes. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of Spiderman's best bits in the comics that zingers and internal dialog he had during fights? Not the stupid James Bond end of fight puns, but really funny stuff he used to say or notice while fighting the bad guys. This, I thought was noticably lacking in this version.

And finally . . . WHY did he unmask himself during the train fight and then act as if he is surprised to find out he was unmasked? And how the heck did those two kids get the mask? It was on the outside of the train! And speaking of being unmasked . . . Since when does MJ get to know about him? Or Aunt May? Oh, and speaking of Aunt May . . . why did he move out to live in a crappy apartment? Arrrgh!!!! That made no sense at all.

BTW, I -did- like the movie, but some parts just didn't make any sense.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I hope they don't redo the GG thing in the 3rd, it'd be too much of a redo of the first. Not sure how good a villian the Lizard would make and the Venom story is too convoluted to go that route. I'm not sure where they're going to take it next.

One things for sure, Doc Oc was one of the best book to screen translated villians so far.

Blues,
Ian

The Venom story would involve them having to deal with The Beyonder and Secret Wars! If they didn't, they'd piss off a lot of Spidey fans who look for at least a little authenticity.

I myself am still pissed off about the microscopic-hairs-on-the-fingertips b.s. they used to explain wallcrawling. I like the explanation about molecular adhesion that you get in The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe (which, by the way, is a phenomenally good series!).

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Now I'm preoccupied trying to think of who would make a good villain for the next movie.

Electro? (it was always too hard to believe someone with that power would lose to Spiderman)
Scorpion? (too much like Dr. Octopus in terms of fighting)
Rhino? (same thing)

Maybe instead it's time for a TEAM-UP! (Remember the Marvel Team-Ups?!) We need the Human Torch to join Spiderman to battle someone crazy badass! Hey, they've done it before...

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"