newsstand

Spiderman 2

Saw it last night. Pretty cool. Excellent effects with Doc Oc's tentacles. Plenty of future bad guys too.

Kirsten Dundst is hot!

"Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

I'm looking forward to it.

Tell me one thing, though. How many tentacles does Doctor Octopus have in the film? Is it four, or six?

I saw a picture in a magazine that showed him holding/wrecking some stuff with four tentacles, but if that's all he has, then it would mean his legs were supporting not only his own weight, but also the weight of the tentacles, PLUS whatever he was holding. Kind of a continuity error if this was indeed how he is depicted.

I plan on seeing the movie this weekend.

Blue skies,
-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

He has four. Four tentacles, four normal limbs. He does hold up the tentacles with his own legs but they do a good job of keeping one or two on the ground when he is doing heavy lifting. Six, like in the comics, would have been to many for their size.

"Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

i just walked in from it, and it freaking rocked!!

yeah so much better than the first one.

So who will be the bad guy in the next one?
Will it be just one bad guy, or two?????
i wonder...........
--------------------------------------------------
Fear is not a confession of weakness, it is an oportunity for courage.

Well one is pretty obvious but I didn't know about the professor's work on the side.

The only reason I can think that the scene with the cake was their was to do some forshadowing of another villian. "Spurned loverr" kind of thing. Did Spidey have any enemies of that sort in the comics?

-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Spoiler Below

Dr. Oct only had four arms in the comic book.

Well, if you pay attention to the trend in the Spiderman movies the focus is more on the Peter Parker story line and those in his life. The bad guys take a bit more of a backseat role.

If you are a fan, you would have seen two characters in this movie that eventually become his enemy. His professor becomes The Lizard and the astronaut John Jameson becomes the Living Wolf. Of course you saw the genesis for Hobgoblin as well at the end of the movie (if you think about the conversation with the mirror in the first movie Oz asks "where are you" and the Green Goblin says "right here" which turns out to be true with the mirror...nice touch IMHO).

Also, comic book fans would also see a few nods to the books - Spiderman No More was the title of an actual comic and the shot with the garbage can in the alley was the cover shot.

After reading the Newsweek article on the movie I caught the inside joke of "my back, my back."

Stan Lee gets to be a hero in this movie - nice touch. Also, the mention of Dr. Strange was good as well.

Usually the complaint most people have with superhero/comic book movies is that the feel of the original is gone - there is that feeling of discovery and excitment when the hero first learns to use their powers (go web!), but I think they did a good job of doing that again in this movie. But does someone want to explain the part with getting the cake from his neighbor? The only thing I could guess was "having his cake and eating it too?"

Kirsten Dunst has said that the third movie will be her last movie. Peter Parker eventually marries her and later on their is a divorce because she can't handle being 2nd place to Spiderman - and that last shot of her in the movie seems to already echo that. So, I'm wondering if they don't use that story in combination with Hobgoblin's revenge in the next movie - maybe he kills MJ?

That leads me to thinking this - they will only be able to get maybe 4 or 5 total movies out of this series before it becomes tired. I think they are moving the story along at a good pace and the continuity from movie to movie is fantastic (unlike any Batman movie). Dr Octs fate was a good one - even thou he was always my favorite villian, there is no more room for him in the story line.

Yup, saw it last nite too. It was better then the first one I thought.

They messed up in the splicing I guess and we didn't see it in the right order, but we got the jest of it and two more movie passes.
Life is too short. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Spoiler Below

After seeing the movie last night, I came back to read this post. It's interesting to me now and gives me an inside track to what was happening because I'm not a comic book fan nor usually an action movie fan. But, I really did like the movie because it's really a love story! B|
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Cool flick...but....what's with the mushy stuff?, geez!! it's SPIDERMAN!!! we want villains, action, bullets, blood fights, not hugs and kisses, I demand an explanation. >:(